Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0473 (resized).JPG
aa_renly (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 6 years ago

Had them both here before. LOTR is more fun and better code and way better theme to me. WOZ is all flash with bad theme for men in my opinion. I knew on the first ball played i made a bad decision buying a WOZ, shouldnt have listened to my wife. I did like WOZ eventually alittle just like any game but once honeymoon was over i sold it.

With that said OP if your buying used definitely avoid WOZ, lightboard issues everywhere. So much JJP redesigned the entire system while still selling there defective original lightboard games which i find very disrespectful to customers. Id be irrate if i bought a late 2016 model with old system without JJP making it public there redesigning system. So if you do buy a WOZ buy new with 2017 manufacturer date to get the 2.0 light system.

LOTR id replace the flipper coils with the LOTR upgrade coils and cliffy the wear spots and your good to go.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

For insecure men, you mean.

Dont get your Rainbow panties all bunched up over my opinion Im just more into GOT, LOTR, IJ kinds of themes kind of guy.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So am I. But I can appreciate a nice pair of ruby slippers as well. (Check my collection...)

Imagine if JJP would have made WOZ a different theme say Die Hard themed for instance. Same layout but everything Die Hard. Yippee Ki-Yay!

#45 6 years ago

Your the one making what i said out to be in a direction that i didnt intended or say, 2x now you did it. Its all good if thats were your minds at but i have no issues with anybodys life styles. I just think WOZ is soft themed and not manly at all in my opinion, get over it.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You can have your own opinions about WOZ the theme...WOZ the game... but you're information about the light boards isn't accurate. I've traded lengthy emails Butch (the engineer that designed the system). This notion that issues are rampant and that old parts are going to be non-existent are wrong.
OP - if you have concerns about the light boards, call JJP and talk to Butch. Get the facts and make your own decision.

so you believe the guy responsible for the problem....my info is accurate to me. i know of a guy that has replaced all the boards 3x then said screw this and sold it(pinball gallery). other guys that have received the updated buffered led boards and half didnt even work brand new from jjp. its a issue and JJP knows it or they wouldnt have redesigned the entire system or did they just do that for the hell of it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
$ 91.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-or-woz?tu=phbooms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.