Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0473 (resized).JPG
aa_renly (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mountaingamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 6 years ago

Back to lotr or woz
I had a lotr 7yrs ago - liked it allot, but also had bw super pins at the time & remember liking them more. I remember not liking the upper left pf & it was a pain to strip down & shop - sold it & dont really miss it. I bought my first wozle early on & LOVEd it.... it was hypnotic. I had a few light board issues, no big deal & jjp was fantastic, got a crazy offer for woz & sold it. Since then we've had 7 or 8 different pins, but they all end up getting compared to woz. I recently decided the hell with it and bought a new ruby red 75th and could not be happier. New players are kinda overwhelmed and clueless at first, but by the end of the night they get it & love it My advice is to play woz with someone who can explain it as you go & it clicks quick. Get to the witch & your hooked - beat her & its such a accomplishment..... no pin compares imho.
SOTR is very possible - my 14yr old put up 2.6 million, beat the witch twice out of four tries & had 6 of 8 jewels. I think I'll be sad when one of us gets there, but also I can't wait!
Of course I vote WOZ!

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I've played both and would go with WOZ. Not that LOTR is a bad game, it's well done actually. But I think JJP just does a better job overall with everything and puts way more into their games in every aspect. Tough decision to make either way. Mine isn't based on theme at all. It's based on which layout, art, and audio/visual package I like better, plus all the extra touches JJP adds to their games. To me, Stern is missing that "extra special" flair to it, it's just cut, paste, rinse, repeat with new themes over and over and all about $$$.

Well said - couldn't agree more

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
€ 7.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.50
$ 91.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 18.95
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mountaingamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-or-woz?tu=mountaingamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.