Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0473 (resized).JPG
aa_renly (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

And yes, I'd put way more stock in the information from the engineer that designed the game as opposed to people drawing conclusions on an internet forum. Forum has its time and place... and you can certainly discuss it (that's what a forum is for). But, that doesn't mean folks should make conclusions based off the forum.
You can do as will... no skin off my back. But, as I said: OP, don't let this scare you off.

LOL at all your hyprocrisy. Good to see ( ) you give JJP a pass for its big and well known WOZ light board issues which costs any owner significant money to fix, but a new Stern is not worth buying because of some recent posts on cracked nib cabinets. I assume you traded lengthy emails with Stern on the cabinet issue before flaming away on pinside .

Quoted from 27dnast:

I honestly can't believe anyone would look at these pictures and willingly hand money over to Stern...
I hope they correct these issues.

When I get around to buying a WOZ, it'll be V2.0 light boards for me; it's costly and not worth my aggravation to deal with those issues on earlier versions. When I get around to buying a NIB Stern and if it has an issue, Stern fixes it, and for free.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There's no hypocrisy. Stern shipping games with cabinets falling apart (among its general cheapening in all aspects) has nothing to do with the fact that the chip JJP was using in light boards was discontinued. Frankly, JJP and Stern both have known problems... both have had issues they've dealt with.
Choose your poison.
If you believe internet land, all pre 2016 WOZ buyers are screwed. If you believe the designer, they have more than enough chips and parts to make necessary repairs to boards going far into the future.

I always find it interesting when people are so biased and/or obstinate they'd rather double down on futility than admit an error. Oh, the horror of an error .

LOL. Two events do not have to be linked to show hypocrisy. That's completely nonsensical.

That's some impressive mental gymnastics too, and very weak. Reiterating again, you have no problem backing JJP and discounting the known lightboard issue because of a phone call, whereas you threw Stern under the bus (and ridiculed buyers as well) with extreme negative comments for some pictures of cracked cabinets, no need for a phone call even, lol. That's hypocrisy on two levels, and it doesn't even end there either. You also specifically posted that you disregard forum posts for the JJP lightboard issues, and do so "as opposed to people drawing conclusions on an internet forum", and you do the opposite with Stern by only using forum posts to attack them for the cabinet issues and literally being one of those "people drawing conclusions on an internet forum". And it's not only about the cabinets, but you also now add another extreme position saying Stern is "cheapening in all aspects". Can't make this stuff up.

"If you believe internet land..." but you DO believe in internet land (when it comes to Stern)... you literally posted that you can't believe people are buying NIB Stern's. You also selectively ignored the low number of reports, the many Stern NIB buyers who posted about not having an issue, the other Stern buyers who reported having previous or current issues fixed by Stern, and the long history of Stern fixing pinball issues for their customers. You are a poster child for confirmation bias.

Either you are willingly/purposely oblivious to your hypocrisy and serious bias or you are very ignorant. Sad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-or-woz?tu=dzoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.