Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-418.jpg
305723.png
305724.png
305726.png
305722.png

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#52 6 years ago

LOTR all the way.
wait one year for TWD for the code to mature.

#53 6 years ago

Seems most people are simply answering which is the better pin, but that really isn't the question, is it?

I mean I have sold pins and replaced them with pins that I knew weren't going to be as good as the one I sold, just so I could try something new/different. This is perfectly acceptable.

I sold LOTR LE. Went about 2 years without LOTR. Got one back, made it to Valinor, and sold it again.

Pins come and go. If you sell LOTR, they aren't hard to get back. I've actually owned 3 of them.

I haven't played TWD yet, but some of my friends who have are calling it The Walking Dud.

This makes me sad.

Still very much looking forward to playing it myself and deciding.

#54 6 years ago

I played TWD and love it, so unique. Your friends must have crazy expectations. You really need to play one. Hopefully someone near you gets the LE so you can get the full experience when you play it.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I miss my LOTR so much.

I miss mine too. Had to sell it as I needed $ and that was the easiest sale.

As it stands, wait: TWD is far from finished and, from what I can judge based on a few games, not great. I have not rated it yet as I need more plays on it but my initial impression was not "Wow".

Believe it or not, I prefer by far Mustang and ST.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What does Color DMD have to do with sound? Color DMD on LOTR is a must have…but then again, Color DMD for any game is a must have for me.

I prefer an Lcd to any dmd For me and Lotr, the only other improvement I would make to it, for me, is some kind of sound quality mod! And it's not happening until the VE comes out

I am thinking about a color dmd for Wh20 though.

#57 6 years ago

TWDLE is not even shipped yet domestically. Good or bad hype right now, wait and see how it fleshes out ( see what I did there?).

More updates coming. Hell, the LE already had updates and they are still being built!

I'm not gonna push the 'you may not find an LE later' stuff, even if the distro's ARE selling them out, cuz someone somewhere will have at least one for sale.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I haven't played TWD yet, but some of my friends who have are calling it The Walking Dud.

Ouch, I hope you thumbed them down as much as you did for me stating after playing it sucked balls, you know, given there isn't any more insight into the description with "The Walking Dud" as there is in "it sucked balls" (and no, we don't need to open that up again, I trust I emoticon'd my way out of that properly )

Anyway, Rob and my prior comments are, I believe, what the op posted for. These threads are not always left vs right in nature. There are other aspects that people are considering.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from dung:

No hate for the game here, but let's be fair. New pins are the it thing. There is all this hype built up and people buy on impulse. Some of sterns games pan out, some don't. It usually takes a few years for the hype to die down and people's opinions to cement. So, buying the tried and true winner vs a total unknown? No hate required to make a good bet as to which is the better buy.

It was a joke.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

These threads are not always left vs right in nature. There are other aspects that people are considering.

>

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I prefer an Lcd to any dmd For me and Lotr, the only other improvement I would make to it, for me, is some kind of sound quality mod! And it's not happening until the VE comes out
I am thinking about a color dmd for Wh20 though.

Color DMD *IS* an LCD!!!

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Color DMD *IS* an LCD!!!

I thought that was his point? If not then it reads " I prefer WOZ to any other modern pin".

2 years later
#63 4 years ago

I'm gonna necro-bump this thread and ask the question again. Now that the code is complete on twd, who wins this contest? Twd or lotr?

#64 4 years ago

LOTR, but TWD is awesome and not far behind

#65 4 years ago

I've thought often of selling lotr as I don't play it much but then I hit start and have a blast. Getting a TWD pro this weekend so thankfully I do t have to choose between the two.

#66 4 years ago

I had a LOTR and i think it's a really great pin, a masterpiece. But i sold it because games are too long for my tastes.
I had a TWD Pro, trade it 9 months ago, and bought a second one 3 days ago. I think this one will stay.
Lotr is epic and easily one of the best pins of all time but if you like kick ass game like IM, BSD, you'll love TWD.
Try to keep the LOTR if you have a good one, it's a must have.

#67 4 years ago

Had two LOTRs and a TWD Prem. TWD is still here and LOTRs is one its way out for the second time.

#68 4 years ago

Twd is a Masterpiece
Lotr is a great game

#69 4 years ago

LOTR is a masterpiece.
TWD is a great player but they dropped the ball on the theme.

#70 4 years ago

Both great games! I currently have a LOTR, but I'm not opposed to picking up TWD down the road!

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside