(Topic ID: 82555)

LOTR Noob Questions

By beelzeboob

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have a few questions about LOTR since I'm a new owner. Yes, they'll probably seem stupid to longtime owners, but they're nagging at me. And I'll be bumping this thread as new stupid questions arise in my mind. Others can feel free to ask their stupid questions here as well. Feel free to bust my balls!

1. Does everybody's center ramp get dented tips after a while, or is it just mine? The ramp looks like someone jammed it point-first against the ground. Small dings on the tip, but still noticeable.

2. When the machine is in attract mode, the DMD says on one of the screens, "Effect 69" What does that mean and how can I get rid of it? (Or can I?)

3. How can you find out what version of game, display, and sound ROMs you're running? Is there someplace in the service menu to find that info?

Thanks for anybody's help!

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the help, guys. My game is leveled correctly - set to 6.5 degrees and level from right to left. I'm currently running 9.0 and will be upgrading to 10.02 next week. (Just saw it on the sticker!) It's a bummer if I have to keep swapping ramps out...I get that pinball is at heart a violent game, but I do my best to keep my games as pristine as possible.

And now for my new stupid question: Is the distorted sound just because of the compression of the recordings being jammed onto the sound and voice chips? Or is it something that has been corrected in updated ROMs? Anything you can suggest to get better sound (flipper fidelity speakers, etc.)?

#7 10 years ago

If I need to get new voice and sound ROMs, do I just get them from Stern, or does somebody else carry them?

#11 10 years ago

Thanks to everybody! I don't know if I have the post upgrade kit installed. How can I tell? And since I don't know how to burn a ROM I'd have to buy one. If anybody knows of a good place please post a link. I'll upgrade all other ROMs in the interim.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 7.50
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-noob-questions?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.