New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 275643)

LotR - No Flashers?

By killerrobots

61 days ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 60 days ago by Butch2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 61 days ago

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me.

I was changing some bulbs (not flashers) on my Lord of the Rings and when I was done I didn't have any flashers. I am concerned maybe I shorted something. I looked through the forums and have done the following:

1. Checked fuses with a meter (all good)
2. Confirmed 20V LED on board is lit with coin door closed (yes)
3. Bulbs ( they were just working...)

Can anyone recommend a next step?

#2 61 days ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

1. Checked fuses with a meter (all good)

Pulled and checked ?

Quoted from killerrobots:

3. Bulbs ( they were just working...)

Pull a couple and check with a meter.

LTG : )

#3 61 days ago

With flashers it's easy to short something and they act basically as fuses so they all burn out together so pull one and verify its not burnt. Have not had this happen on a stern but plenty of Williams games.

#4 61 days ago

I have been messing with it and I was going through a test menu and they started working (almost all). I then found one of the wires had broken on a flasher connector and fixed it. All of them started working except for one (not the one with a broken wire). I tested the voltage during the flash test and it registers a constant 20v while the others only jump when flashing.

I am not sure what happened (broken wires caused a short?) but I think the drive transistor on the broken one is now shorted. At least most of them are working now.

Thanks for the help. I will test the Transistor tomorrow.

#5 61 days ago

I am blaming my metal socket driver and am wrapping it in electrical tape...

#6 60 days ago

Were you changing bulbs with the game on? Bad idea if you are

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside