LOTR multi ball/mode carry over?

By steigerpijp

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

question for the experienced.

is there a setting in the programming that allows for carry over say saruman vs Gandalf, or any other mode for that matter, after you've not completed it. destroyed the ring and are up for the second strike?

this happened tonight while playing a game, and it also allowed me to start TT multi ball again where i left off the previous time, straight to scoring the super I missed in round one.

I never had this before, sold this LE last year but bought it back this week so playing frequently , maybe the settings were changed but I'm not aware that they were, or if the above is even a programmed feature, or just a bug.

thanks for any input on this

#2 8 years ago

if i am not mistaken: there is no way to carry over a mode but the multi balls are always carried over.

#3 8 years ago

The seven modes do not carry over. You either complete them before they time out or you have to start from the beginning. The multiballs will start from where you left off as long as you have not scored one of the super jackpots. If you score one of the super jackpots then it restarts the next time you start that multiball.

#4 8 years ago

okay cool, thats good to know.. I can finish modes, the occasional fotr or tt multi ball in one go but never all 3 , but always lose interest after just missing that last DTR shot and draining and the feeling of starting from scratch

I was always under the impression to reach valinor that on top of completing modes you had to finish all 3 multi balls , all in one go, between destroying the ring.. this makes it much more interesting to keep plugging away at it

thanks!!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from hainter:

The seven modes do not carry over. You either complete them before they time out or you have to start from the beginning. The multiballs will start from where you left off as long as you have not scored one of the super jackpots. If you score one of the super jackpots then it restarts the next time you start that multiball.

Correct answer! The Multiballs will keep your progression, so it is possible (and hilarious) that you can get the Super Jackpottt (ho ho ho) on the first shot of restarting TT. Same with Fellowship, if you restart it, you will have the same number of inserts representing who crossed the bridge. As for ROTK Multiball, I am not 100% sure if that restarts the wave you are on, or if it is to the exact shot.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

okay cool, thats good to know.. I can finish modes, the occasional fotr or tt multi ball in one go but never all 3 , but always lose interest after just missing that last DTR shot and draining and the feeling of starting from scratch
I was always under the impression to reach valinor that on top of completing modes you had to finish all 3 multi balls , all in one go, between destroying the ring.. this makes it much more interesting to keep plugging away at it
thanks!!

Valinor prerequisites (in no order):

Play all 6 modes (completion not required-but certainly helpful to earn gifts-see below)
Play TABA (completion not required)
Earn the SJP for all 3 mbs (need not be done first time through)
Earn 7 gifts (note: it's not 6)
DTR after the previous prerequisites are met. (This is order dependent)

This is where the journey can get long. If you DTR along the way w/o everything else complete, you have to finish whatever it is you are missing, start all 3mbs again (SJP not required if already earned), and then DTR again. So it is possible to have multiple DTR completions before reaching Valinor.

Enjoy!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

. So it is possible to have multiple DTR completions before reaching Valinor.
Enjoy!

And it always seems to happen that when you do need to finally destroy the ring to get valinor is the one time you fail! Even despite destroying it previously lol. Which is why it's one of the most toughest wizard modes to achieve.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And it always seems to happen that when you do need to finally destroy the ring to get valinor is the one time you fail! Even despite destroying it previously lol. Which is why it's one of the most toughest wizard modes to achieve.

Sure is. It's amazing code and playability. I finally gave up (in?).

Sold LOTR last week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 7.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-multi-ballmode-carry-over and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.