95136-i.jpg
image-732.jpg
image-250.jpg
image-708.jpg
image-819.jpg
image-584.jpg
image-424.jpg
image-722.jpg
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

I may be able to get a couple more staffs, I'll post here when I know for sure.

#52 10 years ago

i'd probably be in for just a staff.

#53 10 years ago

I really don't wish to take/kill any business on Mike, but making a staff is fairly easy to do.

#54 10 years ago

I would be in for just the staff, if possible.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I really don't wish to take/kill any business on Mike, but making a staff is fairly easy to do.

He is right, these are not that hard to make, actually he is the one who I got all the info from to make them. I just had access to multiple figures and staffs and figured I'd make them for people who didn't want to try. If anybody wants pointers on how to make them on their own, I linked the led info earlier and have pm'd several people with basic instructions on how to do it. I will hopefully be able to make up a few more full figures and also a few more staffs only.
It is definitely a great mod for the game.

#56 10 years ago

It wouldn't even half to be the real staff. Just something he can hold with an LED on top of it.

#57 10 years ago

I'm working on coming up with a good alternative to the real staff as they are hard to come by.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I may be able to get a couple more staffs, I'll post here when I know for sure.

I've always wondered why the plural of staff is not staves. Same reason why the plural of roof is not rooves I suppose. Crazy English language.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from ThatGuy:

I've always wondered why the plural of staff is not staves. Same reason why the plural of roof is not rooves I suppose. Crazy English language.

It is...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/staves

and it is...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rooves

#61 10 years ago

If you're going to correct somebody's grammar, it would behoove you to research the singular form of the noun first, then find the rules defining its use in the plural form. You skipped right to the plural use, and as such, have made a grievous error. My friend Mike is quite correct in his use of "staffs" for the plural, and as a musician I can tell you that while "staves" is fine when talking about multiple lines of music, you wouldn't refer to your employees in different buildings as your "staves." You'd sound like a moron. A full explanation below (the item in question is #6, the plural is directly below):

staff1 [staf, stahf] Show IPA

noun, plural staffs for 1–5, 9; staves [steyvz] Show IPA or staffs for 6–8, 10, 11.

1. a group of persons, as employees, charged with carrying out the work of an establishment or executing some undertaking.
2. a group of assistants to a manager, superintendent, or executive.
3. a member of a staff.
4. Military .
a. a body of officers without command authority, appointed to assist a commanding officer.
b. the parts of any army concerned with administrative matters, planning, etc., rather than with actual participation in combat.
5. those members of an organization serving only in an auxiliary or advisory capacity on a given project. Compare line1 ( def 38 ) .
6. a stick, pole, or rod for aid in walking or climbing, for use as a weapon, etc.
7. a rod or wand serving as a symbol of office or authority, as a crozier, baton, truncheon, or mace.
8. a pole on which a flag is hung or displayed.
9. something that supports or sustains.
10. Also, stave. Music. a set of horizontal lines, now five in number, with the corresponding four spaces between them, on which music is written.
11. Archaic. the shaft of a spear, lance, etc.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from ThatGuy:

Nice! I guess I never had to guts to write it or speak it.

And for good reason. You didn't want to look like an idiot.

#63 10 years ago

Also acceptable: roofs. You're right...the English language IS crazy...with multiple uses and rules.

roof [roof, roof] Show IPA

noun, plural roofs.

1. the external upper covering of a house or other building.
2. a frame for supporting this: an open-timbered roof.
3. the highest part or summit: The Himalayas are the roof of the world.
4. something that in form or position resembles the roof of a house, as the top of a car, the upper part of the mouth, etc.
5. a house.

#64 10 years ago

I just finished making my own potd mod. It doesn't flash, I wanted it to always be on. It was a pain in the ass , at least for me, but I love the look.

#65 10 years ago

I will be making up one or two more gandalfs, I'll post when finished. Also I may have a decent fake staff that I'm working on. I'll post pics when done

#66 10 years ago

Added to my LOTR L.E. on plastic left of center ramp. I wanted in install with out the plastic base. So the playfield LED's would reflect on to figure.

0426121958a.jpg0426121958a.jpg 100_0024.JPG100_0024.JPG
#67 10 years ago

Looks good now light up the staff

#68 10 years ago

What voltage led did you buy and what is wired to? Thanks.

#69 10 years ago

It's linked earlier in the thread, 6-12v nano warm white

1 week later
#70 10 years ago

image-20.jpgimage-20.jpgSo this is the prototype gandalf staff mod, the proto is on the right.
It looks pretty similar.image-231.jpgimage-231.jpg

#71 10 years ago

It actually looks better in person, the whole staff head lights up a little

#72 10 years ago

Sweet! I will be in for one.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

It actually looks better in person, the whole staff head lights up a little

How much and will you be making a staff for Saruman?

#74 10 years ago

Not sure how to price yet, I only made one. I'm going to try a batch and see how it goes. I probably won't have them done for a few weeks as I leave next week on vaca for two weeks. Well see how much time I have before I go. I'll post progress here.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I haven't thought about a saruman one I'm focused on these first, but maybe in the future. I suppose this could be used for either though. I might try on my game first to see how it looks.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I haven't thought about a saruman one I'm focused on these first, but maybe in the future. I suppose this could be used for either though. I might try on my game first to see how it looks.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Ok ok... You didn't need to say it twice.

I don't know if the Saruman one needs to light up, but I hope someone will cast weapons for these figures as a few of mine don't have any (Aragorn, Saruman, Gandalf).

#78 10 years ago

Casting would definitely be a process. I used small wood dowels I had that are a little over a 1/16" and put the led on them then built up the tip with glue to look like the original. Then painted white. It's a process but looks pretty good when it's done. I hope to put some more time on them tonight. I'm trying to do a batch of five at once to see if it speeds up the process.

#79 10 years ago

Well I just finished gluing up three more, I broke one led. They will be painted tomorrow and ready to ship by the weekend. I was thinking $50 shipped in the us. Pm me if interested, if I have more interest I'll make more. Just to be clear these are not the original gandalf staffs, I made these with small wooden dowels and glue, and tried to replicate the shape as best I could. You can just superglue them into gandalfs hand and run the wire down through the playfield behind him. These do look great lit up In my opinion. I will post more pics when they are done. They should be ready to ship by Saturday or Monday. If I can't ship out by Monday, I'm away on vacation for two weeks and will resume making more and ship out when I get back.
I also should have three more complete gandalfs with lit staff as well. These are $115 shipped in the us.pm me if interested in these as well. I should also be getting a few more in later. I'll let everybody know.

Also to let everybody know these come with alligator clips soldered on so they can be hooked under the playfield to a GI bulb. If you want no clips I'll take $5 off. They will all come with 4' of wire which is enough to get up into the back box or pretty much anywhere under the playfield.

#80 10 years ago

Added today

image-939.jpgimage-939.jpg
#81 10 years ago

Just awesome.

#82 10 years ago

I got one from Mike. Shipped fast and secure. Haven't had time to install but should be quick and easy. Buy with confidence.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Added today

image-939.jpg 107 KB

That looks great!

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I got one from Mike. Shipped fast and secure. Haven't had time to install but should be quick and easy. Buy with confidence.

There's always time for mods

#85 10 years ago

Just painted the staffs so they will be tested and pics should be up tomorrow.
I finished two full gandalfs , one is spoken for, so one is still available. I will have two more in a few weeks.

#86 10 years ago

Here are the pics of a few more staffs. These are actually working out very cool. They are lit up all around. The first pic is actually from the back.image-317.jpgimage-317.jpgimage-377.jpgimage-377.jpgimage-660.jpgimage-660.jpg
Pm me If anyone is interested

2 weeks later
#87 10 years ago

I still have two staffs left and got one more gandalf in so I can do another full gandalf on shadowfax if anybody wants one.

#88 10 years ago

did you use a resister in line with the wire ?

#89 10 years ago

Sent you a PM, Thanks

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from wolowizard:

did you use a resister in line with the wire ?

There is a resistor built in to the nano led

#92 10 years ago

Gandalf set is spoken for, but I'm working on getting more. I have one more staff available also.

#93 10 years ago

As of now all the staffs are spoken for. I will be making another batch soon. I believe all Pm's have been answered

2 weeks later
#94 9 years ago

I have at least three more full gandalf with staff sets that will be available if anyone is interested. Pm me if you want one.

1 month later
#95 9 years ago

I have two full gandalfs made up and available. Also working on another batch of aftermarket staffs.

#96 9 years ago

I'd be interested in an aftermarket staff. PM sent.

QSS

3 months later
#97 9 years ago

I have a couple full gandalfs left and a few stock staffs as well.

2 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-mods-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.