(Topic ID: 45851)

LOTR Magnet Question - Release to playfield instead of sword?

By Nuclear_Waste

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by judremy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Are there scenarios where the ring magnet is supposed to release the ball and let it fall out to the playfield instead of sending it over to the sword?

Mine does that sometimes.

#2 10 years ago

I think it is random.

#3 10 years ago

Yea as far as ive seen it seems like it teeters, slightly rocking back and forth. Random IMO, back on PF or down the sword ramp rail.

#4 10 years ago

Not random
-If you start a ring mode, it 'should' always go to the ramp.
-If you shoot the ring and you don't have mode start lit, it 'should' always drop to the pf.
-DTR start sequence should always go to the ramp. Hitting golum the first time should drop it to the pf IF you don't have DTR on 2ball
-TABA I believe always drops it into the pf

#5 10 years ago

according to the rules sheet I found online , it is a random thing mine does the same as far as the rocking etc...http://www.lotr-pinball.com/lotr_rules1.txt

#6 10 years ago

Eskaybee is correct.

Sometimes it will drop to the playfield IF you use the flippers to cancel the animation because the magnet hasn't steadied the ball yet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-magnet-question-release-to-playfield-instead-of-sword and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.