IMG_0617 (resized).JPG
IMG_0616 (resized).JPG
IMG_0615 (resized).JPG
IMG_0620 (resized).JPG
IMG_0619 (resized).JPG
IMG_0621 (resized).JPG
playfield3 (resized).jpg
playfield2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sillyoldelf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

These decals can now be ordered direct from Pinballlife.com who are now the authorised stockists

https://www.pinballlife.com/lord-of-the-rings-art-blades.html

They should have stocks available soon

Lord of the Rings is my favourite pinball machine in my collection. I really love the story of the books and films. I had some requests to do side decals for the machine and wanted to do something truly special that would tell the story of the game and compliment the fantastic work that went into this machine. It took an extraordinary amount of time to produce and turned into a labour of love. The level of detail goes far beyond my other decals I did for Simpsons and Monster bash. The decals tell the story from the playfield and feature the shire, gandalph, Rivendale, Treebeard, Orcs, eagles, Gollum, black riders and of course the iconic Prancing Pony sign.

Artwork was produced from scratch and finished at 300 dpi before printing on top of the range vinyl with uv resistant inks on the rolls royce of commercial printers (special thanks to my good friend for doing these on his awesome equipment). They were then laminated with the best laminate available to buy. The result is stunning and I've tried to capture them on camera but you really have to see them in the machine to appreciate the quality of the printing.

If anyone is interested in getting some decals for their own machine, just pm me for preorder details and I'll reply as soon as I can.

lotr-preview (resized).jpglotr-preview (resized).jpg

IMG_1913 (resized).jpgIMG_1913 (resized).jpg
IMG_1894 (resized).jpgIMG_1894 (resized).jpg
IMG_1883 (resized).jpgIMG_1883 (resized).jpg
IMG_1891 (resized).jpgIMG_1891 (resized).jpg
IMG_1924 (resized).jpgIMG_1924 (resized).jpg
IMG_1901 (resized).jpgIMG_1901 (resized).jpg
IMG_1883 (resized).jpgIMG_1883 (resized).jpg
IMG_1886 (resized).jpgIMG_1886 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

No plans to do other decals sorry but thanks for asking. Only do them for personal machines in my collection.

#8 7 years ago

yeah i airbrushed him.

#14 7 years ago

Looks like I'll have to buy a MMR sometime

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You do such great work, people would keep you REAL busy with other designs if you chose to make them.

You're very kind Paul. If they didn't take 100s of hours to produce from design to finish, I probably would do more designs It really comes down to the fact I do them for my own machines, so cost and time doesn't factor into it. These took over a year to do and I hope when people get them, they will see all the effort that went in.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I have your Simpsons installed and love it. I'd be interested in seeing TZ if you still make them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-custom-side-decals

#32 7 years ago

Yeah just PM me and I can sort the decals out for you. The sauron eye mod is from Jay Robinson on pinside.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Zimmer:

pm sent 5 days ago. no response...

I'm so sorry Zimmer for missing your message. I've found your PM and sent you a message now.

The good news is some decals are back from the printers and they look stunning. So I am starting to ship out to the first people that ordered them and the rest will go towards the end of next week.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I sent a pm about 7 days ago too. He's probably too busy modding

Apologies to Flippy for missing your message, I've sent PM message now.

1 week later
#41 7 years ago

Just a small update for those waiting on decals. Lots more decals posted out today. The remaining ones are due to go at the weekend.

#43 7 years ago

Yes they should require a signature but sometimes the postman forgets.
If you PM me with your name and address I can check tracking for you.

#49 7 years ago

Great to see them arriving and thanks for the feedback. A lot of work did go into them, so it's great to finally see people enjoying them. LOTR is a special machine, so the decals had to be special too

More sets are due back from printers anyday and I will get them on the way as soon as possible. Thanks for everybodys patience.

1 week later
#60 7 years ago

You don't need to completely remove the playfield. I balance it on the front which makes it super easy.

playfield (resized).jpgplayfield (resized).jpg
playfield2 (resized).jpgplayfield2 (resized).jpg

playfield3 (resized).jpgplayfield3 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#63 7 years ago

That looks pretty sweet on the hobbit. Thanks for the pics. I have a friend with a hobbit coming soon so will try that.

3 months later
#65 7 years ago

Its odd as the majority have been fine but could be a number of reasons why they haven't bonded well in this case - prep of the sides with light sanding (just enough with fine sandpaper so as not to remove the paint) and then cleaning might be the way forward so the glue has something to bond too. It looks like they haven't made a good adhesion which could be due to the paint on the sides from factory preventing adhesion to the wood. Maybe Stern went extra thick on the paint on your machine

A bit of semi permanent glue should fix that well and I would try applying some carefully at the top edges first. Alternatively some double sided thin tape like they use for poster mounting might work well too.

4 months later
#69 6 years ago

Looks good. Thanks for the pics

6 months later
#72 6 years ago

I've just updated my store. I have a few in stock now.

5 years later
#75 1 year ago

Going forward, the LOTR decals are now available exclusively through Pinballlife.com who are the authorised stockists.

They should have sets available soon with plenty of stock.

Added 6 months ago:

Link below

7 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 25.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.95
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sillyoldelf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-lord-of-the-rings-custom-side-board-decals?tu=sillyoldelf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.