10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hello all,

Brand new to the board here, and have started a healthy collection of machines (5 in less than a year!) and I'm looking to "trick-out" my LOTR a bit. I seem to remember that someone makes a "One Ring" shooter that lights up like the movie ring, but for the life of me, I cannot find it now that I own the machine.

I've seen the "Tom's" version where the ring is en-cased in a lucite ball, but I'm looking for one where the ring is exposed, but still lights up.

Also, what is the general opinion on what is the super-super bad-ass Palantir mod right now?

I've read through quite a few of the LOTR modding threads on here, but can't seem to land these two...

Thanks folks!

#2 10 years ago

I believe for the Palantir mod you can check out:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-animated-palantir-mod

Seems to be pretty popular and looks awesome. There are some videos of it on the second page of the thread.

Not sure about the light up shooter.

#3 10 years ago

Also, anyone know of a mod to jazz up the ring itself? Maybe something that makes it light up or pulse?

#4 10 years ago

There already is a flasher light behind the ring. Your bulb is probably burned out.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

There already is a flasher light behind the ring. Your bulb is probably burned out.

I saw that. I was thinking more of a metal ring replacement that pulses or has the inscription on it.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fooped:

I saw that. I was thinking more of a metal ring replacement that pulses or has the inscription on it.

That sort of sounds more like a Tron thing, especially since LOTR is a dark foreboding theme whereas Tron is more discotheque. Both are great games but with totally different ambience.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-light-up-shooter-sources and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.