(Topic ID: 55267)

LOTR LE Schematics for I/O Board 520-5249-00

By VolunteerPin

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I am needing to possible replace my transistor my right flipper due to the known issue with it burning out while a prolonged cradling of the ball.

I have a 2009 LOTR LE which has the SAM board number above and does not match what is shown in my owner's manual. Even the Dr. Pinball diagnostics tells me to check fuse 21 which does not even exist on my board. Does anyone have a link to the schematics for the updated LE board? Better yet, do you know what fuse(s) I need to check?

Also, as a side note, I pulled a fuse to check it and then the thing slipped out of my hand when putting it back in. Now I cannot find it which is mind-boggling to me. I guess I'll just keep looking but after 30 minutes I am stumped. I know that is crazy but wonder if anyone has ever had that happen and then find it someplace weird which I should maybe check.

Thanks for the help.

Darin

#2 10 years ago

Under the playfield next to each flipper is a fuse. If the fuse is good then check Q16 transistor right flipper. I'm assuming the wires ohm through. Look at Q16 on the board and compare the color of it to the transistors next to it. You may have to use a flashlight. You should see some discoloring on the top edge of it. Mine was bad and it's been good for 3 years now.

#3 10 years ago

I just went through checking all the fuses on the I/O board since I couldn't figure out which one specifically to check. And then I actually lifted the playfield and found a blown fuse right next to the flipper. What a moron for not lifting the playfield first, lol.

Off to Radio Shack to get a new fuse for that and also to replace the one that has mysteriously disappeared. That is like the weirdest thing. I imagine I'll find it on the playfield some day even though I've looked for probably 45 minutes (thereby wasting part my Saturday morning). At least I did find some schematics for that board on a Family Guy on the web so at least I know what type of fuse to buy to replace my missing one.

I'll update here in a couple of hours. Hopefully my transistor (which looks pristine as far as I can tell) is fine. If it is, I'm only out $4 I spent on buying a couple of them last week from pinbits.

#4 10 years ago

My assumption that the transistor is bad was confirmed (I think) as I replaced that fuse only to see it immediately blow again. Hopefully I can find someone with the skill to show me how to replace it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 7.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-le-schematics-for-io-board-520-5249-00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.