100_0025.JPG
100_0024.JPG
100_0023.JPG
0426122138a.jpg
DSC09320.JPG
photo.JPG
photo-2.JPG
photo-1.JPG
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Hey everyone, looking for a price check for a 2009 LOTR LE. HUO unit with low plays recently came up for sale locally and I can get if for what I think is a steal. I wasn't necessarily in the market, but the price may be to good to pass up on and being local I don't have to worry about a long drive, shipping, etc.

#2 10 years ago

$5500 to $6500 depending on your local market.

#3 10 years ago

Why don't you just say what the price is and let people say to buy it or not? Unless you are afraid someone is going to buy it out from under you.

Quoted from roc-noc:

$5500 to $6500 depending on your local market.

A low play 2009 LOTR LE for $5500? That's a market I would like to be in.

#4 10 years ago

Low play, in Alberta (where we can have a bit of a pin premium), original owner and I could pick it up for $5,000. Going to check it out tomorrow evening if its still available.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

A low play 2009 LOTR LE for $5500? That's a market I would like to be in.

Plus he is in Canada buying from a Canadian seller? 6500 might be the low end of market. If its minty that is...

Edit-----Go now!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Low play, in Alberta (where we can have a bit of a pin premium), original owner and I could pick it up for $5,000. Going to check it out tomorrow evening if its still available.

Go now!

#7 10 years ago

This one is less than that even. It is a great price for an LE - my issue with the LE is that it's stripped of the figures, and I couldn't care less about rarity. I'd rather spend 4-5k on a non LE in decent shape with all the standard stuff.

J, that's a good price if you're in the market for it. I'd be shocked if it's still available.

#8 10 years ago

Moved to buying and selling advice sub forum. Good luck.

#9 10 years ago

If I were you, I'd get a speeding ticket on my way to pick it up. Hurry!

#10 10 years ago

Hope you got it by now!!!! I just got a lotr over the weekend its my grail..Favourite of all time...

#11 10 years ago

Yup, saw the ad after 50 views. I'm sure it would have been taken by the time I saw it. Great price in our market, as I would not sell my non-LE for that low. I figure the seller price it at least $1K too low.

No interest, as I prefer the standard with the mini-figs, and non-penis back glass. Once seen cannot be unseen.

#12 10 years ago

Eh I was told of this "penis". I've glimpsed this once on a pinside pic and have not seen it on mine. I just chose not to see it really, don't wanna see penis? Don't see penis. Figurines? I picked up off ebay 3 months ago for $230USD. The set also came with a sauron and witchking. Hope you got the LE OP.

#13 10 years ago

Sounds like a nice deal. Hope you grab it.

#14 10 years ago

Grab it quick! I would not sell my non-LE for that price.

#15 10 years ago

Just picked it up no more than 20 minutes ago (sitting in the back of my SUVright now). Unit was in great shape, low plays, no errors, minor blemish on left rail and a small chip on the head. Got me a steal of a deal I think.

#16 10 years ago

Nice score! You bet you did. Tough title to find in these parts, especially for that price.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

That's a steal.They are worth at least $6500 in nice condition.

#18 10 years ago

Grats man! Welcome to the club. Awesome game and love the backglass! What a steal.

#19 10 years ago

That's a great pick up. It's an awesome game, even better for that price.

#20 10 years ago

Congratulations on scoring a great pin at a great price. I would not sell my regular LOTR for $5K.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Just picked it up no more than 20 minutes ago (sitting in the back of my SUVright now). Unit was in great shape, low plays, no errors, minor blemish on left rail and a small chip on the head. Got me a steal of a deal I think.

Congrats on the new pin! I was thinking about picking it up... but I figured I have enough pins as is!

#22 10 years ago

Cmon Jploof, load some pics up on here, we all want to see your great score!!!

#23 10 years ago

wow great deal for an le...this was one of the pins I would have to have crazy money for me to sell. Have fun, great pin.

#24 10 years ago

Will set it up either this evening (time permitting) or tomorrow evening, with pics to follow!

#25 10 years ago

Congrats on the pickup JPloof; a great find indeed!
Personally,
You'd have to come up with BBB $$$ to take mine away!

#26 10 years ago

Hey,

Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy it.

Luke

#27 10 years ago

Pics aren't the best, but got the brother in law to help move it into the basement and then he got the maiden game. The unit needs a good cleaning, some LED's....you know..the standard treatment, but she is in great shape for the steal I got it at. (sorry about the sideways pics, I can't get the phone pictures to align properly).

photo-1.JPGphoto-1.JPG photo-2.JPGphoto-2.JPG photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#28 10 years ago

Very nice! She is a sexy little beast for sure! Congrats again and enjoy. Hows the shire look? Like this?

DSC09320.JPGDSC09320.JPG

#29 10 years ago

Shire don't look like that yet, protectors will hopefully be on the way soon. She needs a good cleaning so I have a bit of work, but nothing overly dramatic. When I got to check it out, one of the first things I wanted to do was check under the play field. I chuckled when the guy advised he hoped I knew what I was doing as he had never figured out how to take the glass off, and it had never been off before, shy of setup from the distributor a few years back. : P

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Shire don't look like that yet, protectors will hopefully be on the way soon. She needs a good cleaning so I have a bit of work, but nothing overly dramatic. When I got to check it out, one of the first things I wanted to do was check under the play field. I chuckled when the guy advised he hoped I knew what I was doing as he had never figured out how to take the glass off, and it had never been off before, shy of setup from the distributor a few years back. : P

I hope you changed the balls out, lets see pics of those!

#31 10 years ago

Haha, yeah. Silverjet balls went in first thing. I've heard some issues with these not working right after a while in this game though.....time will tell here.

*could totally make a picture of balls joke here, but ain't going to*

#32 10 years ago

Nice score,welcome to the club
Get ready for some epic games of pinball.

#33 10 years ago

Where is that protector from? Didn't get that in my set from cliffy...

#34 10 years ago

Shire don't look like that yet, protectors will hopefully be on the way soon

I have The Lord of the Rings Limited Edition. The play field has two coats of clear coat. I don't think a HUO needs them I prefer the look of the wood. Also make sure to install a version 2 shaker motor. I am sure it has one . But if not get one. The fuse that controls the Ring magnet blows. Increase the fuse by one number.I forget the fuse but it will not harm if you increase by 1. As far as figures I added just a few but I have all the play a long figures . May add some day. Great score for your collection !!

0426122138a.jpg0426122138a.jpg

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Where is that protector from? Didn't get that in my set from cliffy...

Cliffy just made those about 2 months ago. I thought I got mine from PBL

#36 10 years ago

Just some pic for LED ideas. Mine is a bit wild but that was what I wanted !!

100_0023.JPG100_0023.JPG 100_0024.JPG100_0024.JPG

#37 10 years ago

Have fun . Maybe add an external sub woofer as well .It adds a lot to the sound.

100_0025.JPG100_0025.JPG 100_0027.JPG100_0027.JPG

#38 10 years ago

Thanks CF! Gonna order that one 2moro.

#39 10 years ago

I bought my LE which was pretty tricked out already for $6500 so I'd say you got yourself a very nice deal. Congrats! I'm thinking about selling off a number of my pins to help pay for a game room addition...the LOTR is the one for sure which would stay if I do clean house a little.

Have a great time with it!

Also, I have the Path of the Dead mod which has some extra figures on it...I like it a lot. Also, I would look into the Palantir mod which has the eye of Sauron in it. Mine has the color chaning LED mod but that other Palantir mod looks amazing.

+1 on the shaker, too.

#40 10 years ago

Definitely add the projected palantir mod and polish those ball guides to a chrome finish! Great score!

Palantir_Projected_Eye_Mod.jpgPalantir_Projected_Eye_Mod.jpg

#41 10 years ago

Here is a photo showing some extra figures, POTD Mod installed.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG photo2.JPGphoto2.JPG

Video:

Showing POTD Mod, Cliffy Protectors, some extra figures, LED's. (Sorry couldn't embed it)

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151590708792513

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Haha, yeah. Silverjet balls went in first thing. I've heard some issues with these not working right after a while in this game though.....time will tell here.
*could totally make a picture of balls joke here, but ain't going to*

The silverjets will become magnetized by the ring magnet eventually. I would swap them out for other high gloss balls at your earliest convenience - it doesn't really hurt the game but eventually the balls become junk and they aren't really as disposable as a 1 or 2 dollar ball in my mind. I played a game on location once with magnetized balls - once there was two balls on the sword ramp, the lock couldn't release the first one as they were either stuck to the sword ramp (is it magnetic?) or to each other.

Congrats again - I can't wait to play it

#43 10 years ago

Many people say the non-LE is better, but this is mainly for the figures. They aren't as easy to get now, but when I bought my LE about 2 years ago, I grabbed the figures off ebay, along with a few others, and after that, the machine is definitely better, as it has the beefier PF with extra clear, is a newer system, and using the pinbits footie plastics with the figures instead of the ugly plastics ties makes it look MUCH better, especially around the lower PF area.

Be prepared for the brass to tarnish real fast on the lock down bar and lower rails, but you can have Chesnut brass new ones which will last.

All in all, I just missed out on like 3 HUO regular LOTR before getting a crack at my LE, and I'm glad now it happened like it did. You can't go wrong with either of course, by side by side, once you replace the missing figures, the LE takes the edge.

#44 10 years ago

Looks great, congratulations on a wonderful deal!

#45 10 years ago

Does anyone know, did the LE come with the shaker factory installed? Mine is a regular that had it added, but I think it really goes well on LOTR (like when balrog is activated).

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Does anyone know, did the LE come with the shaker factory installed? Mine is a regular that had it added, but I think it really goes well on LOTR (like when balrog is activated).

Shaker was not included. As far as a pirate version of the PAL chip installed in a standard LOTR it my not be integrated as well. My LOTR L.E. shaker motor is integrated into game play very well and adds a lot to the pinball game play.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Definitely add the projected palantir mod

Looks awesome. What company sells this Mod ? Thanks.

#48 10 years ago

Eh I was told of this "penis". I've glimpsed this once on a pinside pic and have not seen it on mine. I just chose not to see it really, don't wanna see penis?

You mean this penis?

Hair_dick.jpgHair_dick.jpg

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Shaker was not included. As far as a pirate version of the PAL chip installed in a standard LOTR it my not be integrated as well. My LOTR L.E. shaker motor is integrated into game play very well and adds a lot to the pinball game play.

Thanks. Its definitely a great addition. Mine seems to work pretty well, but Ive never played a LE to compare it to.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You mean this penis?

Ohhhh, I was SO tempted to make a PhotoShopped version of that backglass! But, you know....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-le-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.