• 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ezeltmann
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 8 years ago

Both are great games. I prefer TWD currently.

Between TWD and LOTR, I would decide based on this: do you want really long games?

The biggest reason LOTR does not get played at my house is the games are long. There are many more instances where a shorter game works better. I practically consider LOTR a 1 player machine, because playing with friends can feel like a marathon game. This greatly depends on your skill level. If you aren't a pro/semi-pro or will mostly be playing alone, maybe you would prefer LOTR. On the other hand, TWD can be very tough - so if you're not very good you might get frustrated with it.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

You are entitled to your opinion, but last I checked the general population of pinside doesn't share that opinion.
Also, historically speaking games start at the top of the 100 and work their way down after a few years. TWD LE is 30 and heading downward. Like I said, not a bad game, not great.

TWD is a great game, but it was bashed hard on release by a lot of pinsiders that were clueless to what the game had to offer. TWD is a game that you HAVE to learn and get into (more than other games) before you can appreciate it. IMO it's one of the best games Stern has ever done, and many people are just recently giving the game a second chance and discovering the same. TWD is doing the opposite of your historic example, it was rated low initially due to a lot of early haters and has moved up. Although, I don't care what the ratings say, as I know how great/fun the game is -> which is all that matters. TWD is like Twilight Zone, as TZ was not very popular in arcades because it was too complicated - but now is considered by many to be one of the best.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,799 (OBO)
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-le-or-twd-le?tu=t7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.