• 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ezeltmann
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Only specifically after the final code update. Wasn't well liked before then. So the process to get to such love seems reasonable.

Yea I actually didn't care for it to much when first released but its gotten so much better that I decided to buy one nib which I said id never do again after met but I really enjoy it more than most pins .

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Don't be silly. Just take a look a round on here, nearly everyone blows it like it's the second coming.

Well thats a good thing and it must be a good pin then? U think people just buy a nib premium for the hell of it lol? It was never bad but needed good code to get its full potential which is the case with most new pins ,I remember met was the same way which y I wait a year before buying a nib. Luckily GOT was in development for so long that it came out with very solid code and it didn't have a year of bad rap. In the end they are only opinions but I think the resent serge in people buying/wanting a nib twd prem/pro speaks volumes which is y theh are getting run again by stern.

#103 8 years ago

Passed on buying a TWDLE after the official release, played a pro last year and througt I was right.. I was not ..

Bought one last november after I heard code was much improved , enjoyed it, then hated it, wanted to sell it, and now i've learnt to love it, but frustratingly brutal if you cant control the ball, buy it if you find one!

#104 8 years ago

All you need to know about TWD pinball frustrating gameplay.

If you don't fight for survival , you will die.

If you sit back waiting for the pop bumper feed to dish you a crap load of drains , it will.

Sometimes you will fight and die .

When you do survive, you will be presented with a mind-numbingly fast paced group of decisions during frantic multiballs on your way to Multiple modes, increasing shot multipliers (that take skill not to cash in at the wrong moment) and Wizard / mini wizard modes. The mood lighting is 2nd to none. With shaker, HORDE mode alone will have your skin tingling when u start it.

There are no less than 4 different sound package replacements.

LOTR is a classic game and one of the best for sure. Setting LOTR up to be more challenging almost insures that you will never get to the Wizard. TWD has one nearly unobtainable goal (Last Man Standing, as of now) and HORDE/SIEGE/Escape Terminus as mini wizards.

EDIT : Fighting means NUDGING

#105 8 years ago

Over time, I've come to realize that I simply enjoy Lyman's rulesets more than Keith's. Don't get me wrong, I think Keith's games are brilliantly coded, but for some reason I tend to gravitate more towards Lyman's. I had a LOTR and sold it because it was mostly sitting around collecting dust. Same with WOZ. It was a gorgeous game with a terrifically deep ruleset, but I never played it. I will soon be selling my TSPP to fund a MET.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

There are no less than 4 different sound package replacements.

Cleand's....

Milhouse's....

Who are the other two? Are you counting the Evil Dead 2 sound package?

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Cleand's....
Milhouse's....

From what I remember

Millhouse
Cleland
Ezeltmann, ED
Eskaybee
OEM

#108 8 years ago

don't go with an LE LOTR. there is no reason. I prefer the regular version because I would be afraid of the backglass bursting. If it breaks. you are screwed and will never find a replacement. You want to pay more for more risk? No need.

That being said. If you like insanely deep rules. Go with LOTR, but I highly suggest watching the movies, to enjoy the game more and know what the hell they are talking about. Fan pattern layout is lame and been overdone 100's of times, but the rules make up for it 10 fold.

TWD is a good game overall. Unique layout, some good ideas. I think it could have been done better. Something just seems uneventful on this game. I wanted to like, and just can't get into it.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

don't go with an LE LOTR. there is no reason. I prefer the regular version because I would be afraid of the backglass bursting. If it breaks. you are screwed and will never find a replacement. You want to pay more for more risk? No need.
That being said. If you like insanely deep rules. Go with LOTR, but I highly suggest watching the movies, to enjoy the game more and know what the hell they are talking about. Fan pattern layout is lame and been overdone 100's of times, but the rules make up for it 10 fold.
TWD is a good game overall. Unique layout, some good ideas. I think it could have been done better. Something just seems uneventful on this game. I wanted to like, and just can't get into it.

I know well LOTR and i decided to buy (again!) a regular edition ( as The financial gap with limited pin is not justified to my eyes) later. Priority to novelties.

However, we know both that we already own the best pin ever.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Cleand's....
Milhouse's....

Yes i was counting Evil Dead ..seems like there is more .... i also do a show voices version

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 7.50
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,999 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 8.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-le-or-twd-le/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.