Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is closed.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I am possibly selling my HUO LOTR-LE. Here is the kicker...I am pricing it at a premium as it is in fantastic condition and I don't really care if it sells or not. The main reason to sell would be to get a 2-3 other games in my gameroom which is pretty sparse. I have a Hobbit LE coming additionally which makes me even more reluctant to sell. If someone were to pry this out of my collection, it will have to be for something which would benefit me greatly. I simply mention this as I 'm sure price police will jump on this thread.

I mentioned to my wife about doing this and she was pretty against it as she likes having this even though she doesn't really play.

Price is $9500 or trade values north of that. You can see my wishlist to see what I may be interested in although I'm open to suggestions.

Mods off the top of my head:

Figures installed
Shaker
LED inserts with standard and colored incandescent GI
Path of the Dead mod (installed but the figure lights not currently connected)
Cliffy's
Gold mirror blades
anyPin NVRAM
Speaker grill inserts
Upgraded flipper coils
Palantir mod
Arwen plastic protector
Path of the Dead diverter plastic (not currently installed)
Gold ball shooter rod (not sure if this was standard or not...see the photo)

Photos can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/rMUMf

Enjoy the slideshow. If nothing else, perhaps this thread will open some interesting discussion. I'm guessing it will only take a few posts before a vault comment is made. Therefore, I just made it.

And, by the way, if you think I'm crazy for selling, let me know. I bought this pin with the idea of never selling and I'm quite concerned that this is one pin I certainly may regret moving if something actually came out of this post.

Thanks for looking.

Darin

#2 9 years ago

At that price I don't think you need to worry about selling it

#3 9 years ago

Very possible. But, hey, ya never know. Mr. Pinball as a couple north of $10k the other day when I looked. And for the record, I turned down a new 'out of box' RR WOZ with only about 25 plays on it. If I do move this, I'd want at least a couple of pins to replace it with.

Part of this is for fun and also because I've received numerous questions about the pin when it has been seen in the background of other photos I've posted in the past.

#4 9 years ago

Only $9500?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Very possible. But, hey, ya never know. Mr. Pinball as a couple north of $10k the other day when I looked. And for the record, I turned down a new 'out of box' RR WOZ with only about 25 plays on it. If I do move this, I'd want at least a couple of pins to replace it with.
Part of this is for fun and also because I've received numerous questions about the pin when it has been seen in the background of other photos I've posted in the past.

GLWTS I would love to own this game but not at that price. Like on Mr. Pinball you can ask for anything but getting is another story. I see things over priced on e-bay all the time but I do not buy them. I think you should just enjoy her. However, that being said "Theirs always someone out there with the cash just burning a hole in their pocket". Never know until you ask.

#6 9 years ago

I mentioned to my wife about doing this and she was pretty against it as she likes having this even though she doesn't really play.
Price is $9500 or trade values north of that.

The good news is your wife has nothing to worry about.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

GLWTS I would love to own this game but not at that price. Like on Mr. Pinball you can ask for anything but getting is another story. I see things over priced on e-bay all the time but I do not buy them. I think you should just enjoy her. However, that being said "Theirs always someone out there with the cash just burning a hole in their pocket". Never know until you ask.

This is exactly my thought. There is no way I'd move this pin at a 'market' price. This is a 'pry it out of my hands' type price and I know that and am being very up front about it. It would need to be for me a really good deal.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Only $9500?</blockquote

I am possibly selling my HUO LOTR-LE. Here is the kicker...I am pricing it at a premium as it is in fantastic condition and I don't really care if it sells or not. The main reason to sell would be to get a 2-3 other games in my gameroom which is pretty sparse. I have a Hobbit LE coming additionally which makes me even more reluctant to sell. If someone were to pry this out of my collection, it will have to be for something which would benefit me greatly. I simply mention this as I 'm sure price police will jump on this thread.
Price is $9500 or trade values north of that. You can see my wishlist to see what I may be interested in although I'm open to suggestions.
Mods off the top of my head:
Figures installed
Shaker
LED inserts with standard and colored incandescent GI
Path of the Dead mod (installed but the figure lights not currently connected)
Cliffy's
Gold mirror blades
anyPin NVRAM
Speaker grill inserts
Upgraded flipper coils
Palantir mod
Arwen plastic protector
Path of the Dead diverter plastic (not currently installed)
Gold ball shooter rod (not sure if this was standard or not...see the photo)
Photos can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/rMUMf
Enjoy the slideshow. If nothing else, perhaps this thread will open some interesting discussion. I'm guessing it will only take a few posts before a vault comment is made. Therefore, I just made it.
And, by the way, if you think I'm crazy for selling, let me know. I bought this pin with the idea of never selling and I'm quite concerned that this is one pin I certainly may regret moving if something actually came out of this post.
Thanks for looking.
Darin

Here's the kicker.....it's too much. No I'm just kidding. If someone wants to buy it, good for you. Sounds like you still have a lot of emotional attachment. I wouldn't sell it. No vault edition will ever compare to this pin. GLWTS!

#9 9 years ago

It seems like you truly don't want to sell this machine. If it's in that great of condition, and means that much to you, then just keep it! If I had it, it wouldn't leave my collection! I have owned one once and made the mistake of selling it, and immediately regretted it. The grass isn't always greener on the other side! And pricing it that high makes me think that you, deep down, really don't want it to sell. In any case, you will have a fun time reading all the comments that people are going to leave you!

#10 9 years ago

^^^^^^^^

What he said.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

It seems like you truly don't want to sell this machine. If it's in that great of condition, and means that much to you, then just keep it! If I had it, it wouldn't leave my collection! I have owned one once and made the mistake of selling it, and immediately regretted it. The grass isn't always greener on the other side! And pricing it that high makes me think that you, deep down, really don't want it to sell. In any case, you will have a fun time reading all the comments that people are going to leave you!

A lot of truth here. My motivation is pretty low but I thought it would be fun to post and, heck, one never knows what would happen. Now if I got a real offer, I would be left with some real considerations. As it stands, I think I'm safe and won't have to do much thinking.

#12 9 years ago

I would like to also sell my entire collection as a whole for 100k firm which includes a LOTR and all with free shipping, any takers and you never now. Thanks VP for the idea! As a bonus I will throw in a MMR LE gold when ever I receive it! TOM is all gold and HUO and TZ is HUO. Just think how long it would take to acquire them and reason for the price.

#13 9 years ago

I just sold one identical to yours here in Canada. I was asking 7500 cnd which works out to about 4 k in real US money and it sat for awhile. Good luck getting 9500 US which is about 15000 in cnd money. . Glwts

#14 9 years ago

That would be the last pin in your collection that I would sell.

#15 9 years ago

I'll sell my Tron pro HUO all 3 translites like new with tons of mods for $8000.

#16 9 years ago

#17 9 years ago

Now, this is getting fun.

#18 9 years ago

"Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine"

#19 9 years ago

Regardless of the price point, this machine is gorgeous.

It is the nicest example I've seen the Palantir mod installed on...

-Jay

#20 9 years ago

I've got a reimported BSD. First 6k takes it. PM box will be flooded, I'll try to respond to as many as I can tonight.

#21 9 years ago

This is exactly my thought. There is no way I'd move this pin at a 'market' price. This is a 'pry it out of my hands' type price and I know that and am being very up front about it. It would need to be for me a really good deal.

Or a deal by someone who is in need of intensive psychotherapy.

#22 9 years ago

And, by the way, if you think I'm crazy for selling, let me know.

You are definitely crazy

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

I just sold one identical to yours here in Canada. I was asking 7500 cnd which works out to about 4 k in real US money and it sat for awhile. Good luck getting 9500 US which is about 15000 in cnd money. . Glwts

7500 CAD is 6,021 usd before 3% conversion fee so about 5,800 after conversion fees in TODAYS dollar.

9,500 american is 11,833 in today's conversion rate, or 11,478 after 3% conversion fee....

Where are you converting your money? Highway robbery. A dollar us is giving back 1.245 dollars canadian before the 3% conversion fee.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You are definitely crazy

In more ways than one, for sure.

Quoted from stretch2:

Or a deal by someone who is in need of intensive psychotherapy.

And just for the record, I've already referred one person to the LOTR for sale in the marketplace as the real LOTR to buy.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from ElectricCircuit:

7500 CAD is 6,021 usd before 3% conversion fee so about 5,800 after conversion fees in TODAYS dollar.
9,500 american is 11,833 in today's conversion rate, or 11,478 after 3% conversion fee....
Where are you converting your money? Highway robbery. A dollar us is giving back 1.245 dollars canadian before the 3% conversion fee.

It's called sarcasm....

#26 9 years ago

VP I mean no offense but I have never seen a advertisement try so hard not to make a sale. Yes my price is too high yes I don't care if it sells, yes my wife does not want me to sell it.

Not sure what your intentions are but you are not a very motivated seller.

#27 9 years ago

You take a person check that may or may not clear? If so, I'll buy it

#28 9 years ago

LOTRVE is likely to be next, maybe released with Sterns new system, and WWELE armor . Sell now!

#29 9 years ago

If the title was changed to ACDC BIBLE, not sure it would even move at $9500.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

If the title was changed to ACDC BIBLE, not sure it would even move at $9500.

Unfortunately so true...

#31 9 years ago

#32 9 years ago

#33 9 years ago

I will sell mine for $9499

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That would be the last pin in your collection that I would sell.

If some dork is stupid enough to pay his absurd asking price, it should be the first one he sells, as he can turn right around a buy another one for $3k less and pocket the change.

#35 9 years ago

For 9.5k it would want to pour you a bourbon and turn into Arwen for free lap dances every time you power it up.

#36 9 years ago

Hey pinsiders I want to rip one of you off badly!!!

This ad is insulting to everyone here. Either trying to take advantage of a noob or just stick it to someone. No class.

#37 9 years ago

Yea in0m a bit confused by the point of this thread and this usually isnt like op

#38 9 years ago

Fine....I will let shrek go for 7k flat.

#39 9 years ago

Maybe ~$5500 tops?

#40 9 years ago

The game is sold.

#41 9 years ago

I went hunting down here for a mint LE and found a seller with the same idea as this sitting at the AUD 13.5k level. =US 10.5. Yeah I want one bad, but I'm not a damn fool. All just a bit of a waste of time really. Ebay maybe, but not here.

#42 9 years ago

Waste of Pinside space and everyone's time!

#43 9 years ago

This one has the shaker motor already installed. No need for 10.02 chips.

#44 9 years ago

Wow. I didn't think this thread would evoke such impassioned replies.

I'm sorry I offended folks. My real life has too much drama in it. I certainly don't intend to stir more up. I promise you, it is the last thing I need. Let's just get back to life and playing pinball.

Moderator, can you please close this thread? Thanks.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Waste of Pinside space and everyone's time!

theres been a whole lot of pinside space wasted on more ridiculous stuff...

the way of pinside i guess.

Beautiful pin.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I went hunting down here for a mint LE and found a seller with the same idea as this sitting at the AUD 13.5k level. =US 10.5. Yeah I want one bad, but I'm not a damn fool. All just a bit of a waste of time really. Ebay maybe, but not here.

how much exactly do u think you'll get a nice one here for ? honestly....

good luck.

#47 9 years ago

Damn time zone, they need a mod on this side of the world,

Nice machine

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

how much exactly do u think you'll get a nice one here for ? honestly....
good luck.

For 13.5k AU?

I'll have mine packed and ready by the end of the week for anyone crazy enough to pay that. I'll even throw in free shipping from ADL to SYD.....

The pool of available buyers down here in Australia is shallow enough at the $10k price point let alone nudging close to 14kAU.

Stern are going to find this out the hard way.

#49 9 years ago

She is beautiful darin pin id love to own one day to everyone else what do these usually sell for in this condition ?

#50 9 years ago

My guess is $6500-7k. I have a little over $7k into this. I'm still good with the moderator closing this thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
$ 39.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 7.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-le-high-priced-and-beautiful and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.