Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by fattrain
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have a beautiful LOTR LE...pretty much perfect with only a minor scratch on the right cab. Has a brass coin door, McKee topper, shaker installed, cliffy's throughout, target decals, FF speaker kit, CT prem LEDs throughout, LED BB kit w/red eye, ring shooter rod. I am thinking of trading this for a SM (would have to be nice). I am wondering how much of a gap there is in price either way and if anyone in the OH area is interested.

Thanks!

Justin

#2 11 years ago

I'd trade my SM directly for it. However, the distance would kill that deal. Personally, I'd say yours is worth more.

#3 11 years ago

Seems like a fair trade for an equally equipped SM, but what do I know.

#4 11 years ago

They are very close in value. If one person was going to travel, maybe pay that persons fuel.

#5 11 years ago

Thanks, I am definitely not in any rush...would like to see if anyone is interested in this trade though.

Let me know.

Justin

#6 11 years ago

I would do it but I'm not driving to Ohio. Sorry

I still think that your game should be worth more than SM. That's just my opinion though.

#7 11 years ago

I'll give you my first born for it!

#8 11 years ago

I'd trade a great condition Red SM, leds, recent shopped, excellent condition, however pin is on the west coast. I'd like to see a picture of the scratch. Shipping would be involved. PM if interested.

#9 11 years ago

Thanks docscott for the reply - PM sent.

#10 11 years ago

I would say LOTR LE is worth a lot more than SM red. But I've owned both and I thought SM was boring and kind of annoying at times. I don't understand all the hype it gets. LOTR on the other hand is awesome and imho Sterns best machine to date. Anyways good luck with your trade I'm sure you won't have a problem getting what you want.

#11 11 years ago

I'd say the prices are pretty close....

They are both in the 4500-5500 range.

#12 11 years ago

Thanks for the replies. Based on the responses it seems as though the LOTR LE and SM Red are around the same price (assuming they are equal in condition). Given some of the mods on the LOTR LE, this should push it a bit higher on price IMO...sound reasonable?

Also toying around with the possibility of trading for a Tron LE, but these seem to be blowing up in price lately. I like the game/flow, but feel as though the Pro version may be a bit bare, so would lean towards the LE. How far apart are LOTR LE and Tron LE?

Thanks!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Also toying around with the possibility of trading for a TRON LE, but these seem to be blowing up in price lately. I like the game/flow, but feel as though the Pro version may be a bit bare, so would lean towards the LE. How far apart are LOTR LE and TRON LE?

Lately? Tron LE blew up in price quite some time ago.

You are looking at a $2500.00 (or so) gap between your LOTR LE and Tron LE.

#14 11 years ago

Interesting - what is a NIB Tron Pro going for these days?

#15 11 years ago

Nevermind - Seem to be in the 5k range.

Thanks!

#16 11 years ago

Ya. And someone on here was selling a HUO Tron Pro for like 4800(ish) ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 39.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
€ 7.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-le-for-sm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.