You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
DSCN0413.JPG
LOTR_LE.JPG
100_0105.JPG
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Mylar squares seemed appropreate , lot of drops there. I didn't care if it does have diamondplate and 3 extra coates, And George Gomez Signiture where it should be, not, well, somewhere else,lol. sorry TFLE owners I know how you guys must feel. Glad i got My combo instead, almost got the Decepticon. But I posted this delemma, you guys said Combo. Thx to all. I don't mind selling this one. Let me put it this way. I believe LOTR LE, please forgive me but this one in particular, just might be the most beautiful pin ever made, maybe. Breaks all my rules too. I don't like pics of hollywood stars on PF unless it's comic book style. I want a lot of toys. Yet I truly believe LOTR LE is the third best pin ever made next to MM MB. I often visit PHOF so I know a little.Goin again June 3rd for a friends wedding.If JJP makes the Hobbit It will set right next to it. Don't worry, at least for now I plan on being buried in a LOTR LE just like it.

#52 11 years ago

Nice! I'd like to sell my HUO and get yours.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why would you "be all over this" when you don't know what it will sell for?

I would at least get into "the running" for it.... I love my LOTR and it's not going anywhere. I have considered upgrading to the LE a few times when they were available but just didn't want to go through the trouble of swapping a bunch of mods and then re-selling my old one....

Especially now that I am also running the LE software, the differences are minimal (Plus I don't like that they stripped the figures out of the LE, although obviously they can be replaced.)

#54 11 years ago

I agree that Pinside is not the proper place for an auction. You should either list a price, or post a link to a proper auction.

#55 11 years ago

You play with gloves on? Seriously??

#56 11 years ago

the Rush comment was just a joke >> hence the winking emoticon.

The auction thing was serious. IMHO auctions should be reserved for ebay and auction houses.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

You play with gloves on? Seriously??

For the Lord I have to. This brass finish guys isn't plated well or something because I noticed a slight variation where I rest my thumb, so Yes I play with gloves on. It's either that or buy a new lock down bar 190.00 if I'm right and it starts to wear. Skin is very oily, look at it after playing it. You can plainly see skin cells,fingerprints, when I wipe it off I can feel resistance. I could wipe it down everytime I play it but I choose gloves. I know ridiculous...But I'm convinced it eats the brass finish. Please forgive me for wearing gloves but I'm in love with my Lord. I'm an idiot by not posting in the right forum. I wasn't thinking. actually didn't know, showing my ignorance again. I will post in the correct forum so please refer all inquaries there.

#59 11 years ago

I think its a huge plus to auction here vs ebay. Savings in fees equal savings for all. Plus keep it in house : )

#60 11 years ago

In the Pinside Dysfunctional Family...so to speak...

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from rushinconcert:

Some of you wanted this list: Shaker installed at factory (code V10.02),Full cointaker color matched ultrabrights, large 13 LED flashers, spot lights, color changing LEDs (cointakers brightest thruout) Flipper Fidelity full backbox and sub kit, Michael Pupo LED backbox lighting kit, Arcadeupkeep LED flasher backbox kit, PBL eye flasher kit, 3 seperate PBL red LED underneath lighting kit flashes with sound using http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=181 Target decals, pinbit mod for Orthanic VUK diverter for POTD,Eisner protector installed, (arwen protector in goodie bag w/ extra globe,PBL post and 4 blue pads,bulbs) PBL LOTR Flipper coils, Mckee topper, Andrews knocker kit, Gold; Flippers, Flipper buttons, ( extra set of flipper buttons not installed because these installed are worn because the brass finish from Pinball decals didn't hold even though I play with those gloves shown from PDI) start button, shooter base, Coin door, balls, feet, Cliffy protectors Gimli/orthanic, 25 figurines using Pinbits kits and protectors, Roberts custom index cards and installed is another version, key fob brass ring with engraving, PDI glass ( a must for this machine), Sword shooter rod, Mylar squares on all drops, pinbits shire rail and bottom protection, DMD glare filter installs on the dmd itself,felt and plastic leg cabinet protectors, Cabinet button protection, can't see it ,mylar type don't remember where I got them from,original box and crate. 703 games and counting.....I believe that's all the mods? I'm considering Celiac502's offer, he can keep RS.. Sorry about posting a Best offer wasn't aware of value.
Post edited by ruert : forgot a comment

Just to clear up one

Quoted from rushinconcert:

Some of you wanted this list: Shaker installed at factory (code V10.02),Full cointaker color matched ultrabrights, large 13 LED flashers, spot lights, color changing LEDs (cointakers brightest thruout) Flipper Fidelity full backbox and sub kit, Michael Pupo LED backbox lighting kit, Arcadeupkeep LED flasher backbox kit, PBL eye flasher kit, 3 seperate PBL red LED underneath lighting kit flashes with sound using http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=181 Target decals, pinbit mod for Orthanic VUK diverter for POTD,Eisner protector installed, (arwen protector in goodie bag w/ extra globe,PBL post and 4 blue pads,bulbs) PBL LOTR Flipper coils, Mckee topper, Andrews knocker kit, Gold; Flippers, Flipper buttons, ( extra set of flipper buttons not installed because these installed are worn because the brass finish from Pinball decals didn't hold even though I play with those gloves shown from PDI) start button, shooter base, Coin door, balls, feet, Cliffy protectors Gimli/orthanic, 25 figurines using Pinbits kits and protectors, Roberts custom index cards and installed is another version, key fob brass ring with engraving, PDI glass ( a must for this machine), Sword shooter rod, Mylar squares on all drops, pinbits shire rail and bottom protection, DMD glare filter installs on the dmd itself,felt and plastic leg cabinet protectors, Cabinet button protection, can't see it ,mylar type don't remember where I got them from,original box and crate. 703 games and counting.....I believe that's all the mods? I'm considering Celiac502's offer, he can keep RS.. Sorry about posting a Best offer wasn't aware of value.
Post edited by rushinconcert : forgot a comment

Just to clear up one inaccurate statement. Mirror blades will fit on LOTR and LOTRLE. I have done this myself as well as on 25 other pins. No problem with install and gap no less than others.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I think its a huge plus to auction here vs ebay. Savings in fees equal savings for all. Plus keep it in house : )

I will not use ebay. This was intended for Pinside members only. It's not about saving money it's about saving you money. I could take every mod off, sell it that way. Only pinside, No one else as I thought only you people could appreciate it. But after my misplaced ad and my unusual fetish with care my stupidity,after opening my mouth,is now without doubt. I was told by him Pinball decals that they won't fit. He said he didn't put it on his. I will buy them if you say they will fit. it does look to me they will also but he assures me????

#63 11 years ago

It is also on CL.

And you haven't responded to any offers, either made here on the forum or on PM.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It is also on CL.
And you haven't responded to any offers, either made here on the forum or on PM.

I have responded to all ads, including yours. I forgot CL where I live. Out of respect I wanted wichita friends to bid. Yes I thought I mentioned that earlier

#65 11 years ago

If you want to post it here and have people make you private offers, I have no problem with that. I can also appreciate your desire to stay away from eBay. Just please don't ask Pinside members to openly bid against each other. It's not cool.

FYI, I just moved this thread to the "Market Place" sub-forum.

#66 11 years ago

Totally agree. I just thought that's how it would happen, private emails. My excuses are listed above

#67 11 years ago

Well gentlemen....you succeeded in chasing rushinconcert off the site with all the comments. Thanks....I was hoping to negotiate a price for his game. He has cancelled his membership on this site, and pulled his game off of craigslist. I have no way of contacting him back now.
He obviously has a lot of work and money into that game, and I can't blame him for playing it with the gloves on being that I have had a polished brass kit on my POTC for about 18 months now and even with minimal play it is tarnishing from the hand oil despite being cleaned at the end of any day of being used.
The one PM I did get from him before he cancelled said that he was pretty insulted by the low offers, the comments about the gloves and about playing with 5 balls. He totally understood the problem with posting the auction and apologized for it right here.
Can we please be a little bit nicer to people? I know that a lot of guys here are pretty thick skinned, and do know each other, so some of the comments are just us guys ribbing a buddy. But some people are not that way. I hate to see anybody from this hobby get bad feelings about other pinheads or a site because of a few comments. I know they were not intended to piss the guy off, but it did.
Flame away if you want....my skin is pretty thick too. Hopefully we have all learned a little bit from this. Meanwhile I'll just drink a beer and play some pinball to ease the pain of not getting my LOTR LE.

#68 11 years ago

If you have to play with gloves on, then the product is shiiiteee,....

This isn't ebay, alot of people get pissed off when someone says "make an offer"...just the way it
is..

Guaranteed he knew what he wanted for it, so just say it...

#69 11 years ago

I think he should have just put a high price on it like $7500 or best offer and go from there.

#70 11 years ago

is this thread really happening???

just wondering if i'm having a flashback from an acid trip i had in college.

-jon

#71 11 years ago

If you are that sensitive forums are the last place you should be ; )

#72 11 years ago

Also, the guy had just started posting, pretty much for the purpose of auctioning the game. Do we really want people here that don't contribute and just take advantage of the site as an opportunity to profit.

#73 11 years ago

I don't know what his past is etc, so I can't speak for that. Maybe he did join up for that purpose, but if he is offering a nice game to guys on the site who cares why he joined? I'm new on this site too, but have been on the other sites for a long time as "Detroitboy". One of the guys in my league told me about Pinside and said a lot of the guys we knew were on this site.
I'm still bummed about missing that game (burp) ....more beer please!!!! I guess I'll have to drink my way through the pain. Nothing else to do anyhow since the Wings lost last night. And yes...they did suck Nashville deserved to win.

#75 11 years ago

Oh well....back to our regular programming folks!

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Well gentlemen....you succeeded in chasing rushinconcert off the site with all the comments. Thanks....I was hoping to negotiate a price for his game. He has cancelled his membership on this site, and pulled his game off of craigslist. I have no way of contacting him back now.

If he asked for offers from here, got the offers and then walked away without selling to the highest bidder then one of two things happened: a) he sold it, b) he wasn't serious about selling it to the highest bidder.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

If he asked for offers from here, got the offers and then walked away without selling to the highest bidder then one of two things happened: a) he sold it, b) he wasn't serious about selling it to the highest bidder.

Well said Baiter.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Baiter said:If he asked for offers from here, got the offers and then walked away without selling to the highest bidder then one of two things happened: a) he sold it, b) he wasn't serious about selling it to the highest bidder.
Well said Baiter.

Yea, I considered that option too. We've all seen plenty of the phony craigslist ads, but based on the one response I did get from him before he cancelled his account I really don't think that was the case. Lets see....that would probably be the second time in my life that I was wrong...or would it be the first? Hmmm....

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Yea, I considered that option too. We've all seen plenty of the phony craigslist ads, but based on the one response I did get from him before he cancelled his account I really don't think that was the case. Lets see....that would probably be the second time in my life that I was wrong...or would it be the first? Hmmm....

If he got upset with some of the comments that were made in the thread (and I don't see anything really out of line), it still doesn't make sense to me that he would take it out on someone like you who made a legitimate offer and didn't even post in the thread!

The phrase "cut off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind..

#80 11 years ago

Ummm...he pulled it from sale? News to me. I made an offer via PM and he said that he was leaving bidding open for one month, but doubted anyone topped my bid.

Haven't heard anything since. But I wasn't going to sit for a whole month and wait on bidding. It was a screwy ordeal from the start.

No offense to anyone new, but you don't really get to tell everyone here how it is or how we should be when someone tries to auction off a pin of this site, and intends on a month long bidding war - when your karma suggests you joined about the time this silly auction started.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I made an offer via PM and he said that he was leaving bidding open for one month

Good grief.

#82 11 years ago

Good grief is right! Either sell it or don't....leaving the bidding open for a month? That's not someone I would want to have a beer with! Especially the glove action.....(JK, let's not get our panties in a wad tonight!)

Stay thirsty my friends....let's try and keep the controversy to a minimum tonight!

And btw, WOZ is going to be the greatest pin in the history of pindom right out of the box!!!

Ok, just kidding, giving you guys something to laugh about or at....

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

gambit3113 said:I made an offer via PM and he said that he was leaving bidding open for one month
Good grief.

Lame.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#85 11 years ago

Haha! Ok new dude. Thick skin. Let it go. The beer Is talking now. Take it from someone who knows! Bitter beer Posting is never good.

#86 11 years ago

I predict a new forum rule very soon...

#87 11 years ago

I can't remember if I have already posted in this thread but just in case I haven't....

IBTL

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Ummm...he pulled it from sale? News to me. I made an offer via PM and he said that he was leaving bidding open for one month, but doubted anyone topped my bid.
Haven't heard anything since. But I wasn't going to sit for a whole month and wait on bidding. It was a screwy ordeal from the start.
No offense to anyone new, but you don't really get to tell everyone here how it is or how we should be when someone tries to auction off a pin of this site, and intends on a month long bidding war - when your karma suggests you joined about the time this silly auction started.

Look at it this way Gambit. You were spared the hassle of having to sell another Gomez clunk fest in a few months. (:

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If he got upset with some of the comments that were made in the thread (and I don't see anything really out of line), it still doesn't make sense to me that he would take it out on someone like you who made a legitimate offer and didn't even post in the thread!

The phrase "cut off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind..

Well said,totally agree.....to be honest i couldn't see anything in the comments that were that bad or out of line??

#90 11 years ago

I do... seriously.

#91 11 years ago

Ok, I'll ask....what is IBTL...TG?....

#92 11 years ago

In before the lock

#93 11 years ago

so $5129

Gambit what say you =-)

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Look at it this way Gambit. You were spared the hassle of having to sell another Gomez clunk fest in a few months. (:

Except he has already owned the title and wants it back.......just like I do!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-le-best-offer/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.