You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1578 (resized).JPG
IMG_1577 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

First, I know I'm an idiot...shouldn't have done what I did. But, I'm hoping it's something simple...

I recently purchased a LOTR LE and while setting it up, I laid the backbox down without removing the DMD. And, the DMD slid out onto the main table...seemed fine. However, now my backbox light is off (everything else works completely fine), so I'm assuming a cable just got pulled out somewhere.

There is a cable running from the power board (CN2 connector) to the DMD and then a larger connector that isn't hooked to anything -- see the attached picture. I can't figure out from the wiring diagrams where this is supposed to be going. So perhaps this is my issue or maybe something completely independent.

Any suggestions?

IMG_1577 (resized).JPGIMG_1578 (resized).JPG
#2 3 years ago

Thats your DMD HV power cable, it has nothing to do with backbox lighting. If you have a color DMD installed this cable is not needed at all. When I installed my Color DMD, I removed this entire cable, and all connections for the HV Plasma Display board https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/61#post-4442968 If you are talking about the display not working, and you have the original plasma display, this connector plugs into your display.

Are you sure the backlight worked to start with?

pasted_image (resized).png
#3 3 years ago

Thanks for the confirmation on that cable. Turns out the bulb had been jarred loose/turned. Got it snapped back into place and all is well again.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside