Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LOTR sling Kevin DArras.jpg
LOTR SLINGS KEVIND DARRAS.jpg
rimshot.gif
plastic.png
image (1).jpeg
image (2).jpeg
image.jpeg
image (3).jpeg

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

Just closing the loop. Thanks to everyone over the past few months for helping me make a wise decision. This game is absolutely amazing, looks beautiful, and is just so much fun to play. One question: does anyone know where I can buy playfield plastics? I just have one little piece that's broken (part number 51) and trying to avoid paying $300 for a full plastic set. And most of all, thank you to the nice man from Kentucky who sold me an incredibly mint machine. Be good everyone.

image (3).jpeg
image.jpeg
image (2).jpeg
image (1).jpeg

#2 5 years ago

If you like those wood floors you may want some protection for those back feet.

#3 5 years ago

Damn, that thing is mint.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

If you like those wood floors you may want some protection for those back feet.

Which ones do you recommend? I'll order now.

#5 5 years ago

Look at that Fix it Felix haunting in the mirror.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I'd go with the black rubber ones. You can find them at any hardware store.

#7 5 years ago

Even goes with your d├ęcor...

#8 5 years ago

What does the plastic 51 look like? As far as floor protection - got some at Home depot not expensive just normal rubber feet protectors.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

What does the plastic 51 look like? As far as floor protection - got some at Home depot not expensive just normal rubber feet protectors.

plastic.png
#10 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I use these and they work great! And they're CHEAP! So pick up a few sets since you know you'll end up with more pins

amazon.com link »

#11 5 years ago

Leg caster rubber - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=564

May want to think about it being by that window. The sun will cause fade.

#12 5 years ago

what is going on with the flipper button protectors?

#13 5 years ago

Game looks really good but wtf is going on with the keyboard on your computer?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Check this thread for advice on window treatments to minimize fade (or just keep it under a blanket when you're not playing): http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-pins-from-uv-sunlight-fade

#15 5 years ago

Looks great. I recommend a full set of Cliffy protectors for the playfield. Visit www.passionforpinball.com

#16 5 years ago

Does it have the original Stern pinballs? I would upgrade those if they are factory pinballs.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

where I can buy playfield plastics? I just have one little piece that's broken (part number 51)

I just looked at my LOTR LE and from the angle of your photo it has a plastic protector over it and does not appear to be broken. Were is the chip ?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Leg caster rubber - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=564

I use the rubber ones above for the front legs and I put teflon ones like these (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Shepherd-1-3-4-in-ID-Cup-Slide-Glides-4-Pack-9221/202531720) on the back legs.

This way the machine doesn't slide around, but I can still move it by just lifting the front legs.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I just looked at my LOTR LE and from the angle of your photo it has a plastic protector over it and does not appear to be broken. Were is the chip ?

That's not mine, that's the piece I need. Mine is broken.

#20 5 years ago

The LOTR LE has X2 the clearcoat . I like the look of the art work and wood grain with out cliffy's on this title. But I bought NIB 2 years ago and do not put much play on my pinball machines .

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

+1. What kind of flipper protectors are those? Never seen anything like them before.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

+1. What kind of flipper protectors are those? Never seen anything like them before.

Paint or tape would be my guess.

#23 5 years ago

I think that piece and one just above it overlap and look broken but are two different part numbers.
If you don't have the shaker motor I recommend installing it. Very easy on the LE, was a little more involved on the non-LE. Also maybe try to tuck in an external sub back in the corner there.

#24 5 years ago

Cool I just picked up a very nice LOTR LE also ,great game all around loving it

#25 5 years ago

My sources came up empty for a replacement plastic. It might actually be worth getting the full set. Not just for that one piece, but while they're still available.

#26 5 years ago

Nice shot of the backglass. The glare perfectly hides that hair d*ck!

Congrats on the best title ever!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from micro:

Once seen.... it can never be unseen.

#28 5 years ago

Nice furniture .

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was thinking this same thing too ... I haven't seen a LE with bad flipper button wear.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from micro:

LOL! That's a genius pic to hide that beardcock!

#31 5 years ago

I can't believe you actually bought a machine. I'm glad for you, I just can't believe you actually pulled the trigger.

#32 5 years ago

Damn... more looking past the eyegina due to penis envy!

Best looking pin eva. Congrats

#33 5 years ago

Not that it looks bad in that room, because it doesn't, I just find it kind of amusing that you spammed the game room thread over and over with your space, even though it had no pins, and then when you finally do get a pin you don't actually put it in your game room.

Also the penis backglass thing is so overblown. People see what they want to I guess!

#34 5 years ago

Hope you like it!!

I want one too, but I'm out of room (maybe). Careful once you get one they start to multiply.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not that it looks bad in that room, because it doesn't, I just find it kind of amusing that you spammed the game room thread over and over with your space, even though it had no pins, and then when you finally do get a pin you don't actually put it in your game room.
Also the penis backglass thing is so overblown. People see what they want to I guess!

No pun intended

#36 5 years ago

Pinside really needs a rimshot smiley. rimshot.gif

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There was no room in the gameroom. Plus the LOTR with it's warm colors and gold accents goes much better in my living room since the furniture is all dark wood and I have lots of gold mirrors, lamps and other stuff.

#38 5 years ago

It looks appropriate, but I second the motion to move it away from the window. If you can't, be thankful it's on the blue side and not the red.

#39 5 years ago

One other question...does anyone know where I can get a Saruman figure for the play field? Or just his staff. I have one and the damn staff fell off and after searching for an hour, I just give up. No idea where it might have got lodged. Going to glue the next one on. Thanks. Also, those with the POTD mod, is it work it? About to pull the trigger on one.

#40 5 years ago

Please take that thing away from the window! I would be really worried about fading that beautiful pin.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

It looks appropriate, but I second the motion to move it away from the window. If you can't, be thankful it's on the blue side and not the red.

I keep the window closed during the day with shades and a curtain. Also, I'm not going to be anal about this thing like I was with all of my vids. I'm going to have friends over, play the hell out of it, then when I get tired of it, sell it. Life is too short to try and be so over protective over these things. People can get so OCD and one little knick on a play field destroys their enjoyment. It's just a toy.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Please take that thing away from the window! I would be really worried about fading that beautiful pin.

I don't get direct sunlight through that window.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I keep the window closed during the day with shades and a curtain. Also, I'm not going to be anal about this thing like I was with all of my vids. I'm going to have friends over, play the hell out of it, then when I get tired of it, sell it. Life is too short to try and be so over protective over these things. People can get so OCD and one little knick on a play field destroys their enjoyment. It's just a toy.

Agreed. Also, I'm curious about that mirror. It looks cool as hell.

#44 5 years ago

So everyone can sleep better tonight, I just ordered some UV film for the window it's in front of. Any help on the Saruman figures for the play field? Anyone with the POTD mod? Worth it?

#45 5 years ago

POTD mod is amazing. Love the pulsing of the figures.
Just bought a LOTR with the LE software upgraded in it, and I couldn't be happier.
Game is so much fun.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

POTD mod is amazing. Love the pulsing of the figures.
Just bought a LOTR with the LE software upgraded in it, and I couldn't be happier.
Game is so much fun.

Right? I've never had so much fun playing a pin. Such a great theme, so many things to shoot for, and the pacing of this game is just perfect.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

No offense, then why did you buy an LE?

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

So everyone can sleep better tonight, I just ordered some UV film for the window it's in front of. Any help on the Saruman figures for the play field? Anyone with the POTD mod? Worth it?

Yes POTD mod is cool I have it on my LE

#49 5 years ago

This is why I love pinball

#50 5 years ago

Way to go kaneda! Good choice, and in excellent condition.
I'm sure you will be happy with that one for quite a while.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside