• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0426122138a.jpg
0426121958a.jpg
#1 10 years ago

ive just discovered this one at a local amusement centre. after a few plays, i found it a lotta fun to play. great art on the backglass, and cabinet. enough toys and stuff without a cramped playfield. music, and voices were very good. any lovin' out there for this pin. not many reviews out on this currently but i was very impressed. thanks.

#2 10 years ago

Some prefer the standard to the LE version (self included), but it's personal taste, and minor in my opinion. Both look great and play the same.

#3 10 years ago

I would love to get my hands on a HUO LE. I absolutely love this game!!

#4 10 years ago

Hey,

I have one. I like the game, but had one not more or less dropped into my lap, I wouldn't have pursued it over the standard one. The plating on the armor is not what I'd call great. Mine came with a brand new lockdown bar, and that thing already started wearing after a month or two of having it on there.

Luke

#5 10 years ago

One of Stern's best, so to me it's worth having the LE version of it.

#6 10 years ago

This is a really fun game.

#7 10 years ago

I have a pristine HUO standard, and I've never regretted not having the LE. I think condition of the game is the most important thing, not whether or not it's an LE.

#8 10 years ago

I purchased LOTR LE the timing was right for me at the time it was produced. I like the all glass back glass .Newer board system,PAL chip to exclusive to the LE to integrate full shaker motor support . Playfield was clear coated X2 reduces wear. Gold/Brass trim allaround. No Play along figures but I purchased all of them off Ebay and added. Only 500 made ever. Go for it.

0426121958a.jpg0426121958a.jpg 0426122138a.jpg0426122138a.jpg
#9 10 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

I have a pristine HUO standard, and I've never regretted not having the LE. I think condition of the game is the most important thing, not whether or not it's an LE.

definately. i havent seen a standard version, and im not even sure what differences there are between them... id be happy with either sitting in my house somewhere.

#10 10 years ago

I just bought a one owner HUO LoTR LE. Awesome game. Every time I play I discover something new. Flow is great. Super wire forms and nice music and call outs. The gameplay is epic like the movie. It is a top 10 pin one that will go in any collection. I have matched it with a fast pin, Spider-Man
I like the contrast.
Good luck.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

. i havent seen a standard version, and im not even sure what differences there are between them... id be happy with either sitting in my house somewhere

Reread my post above. I described the differences

#12 10 years ago

Standard or LE doesn't even matter. You can't go wrong with LOTR

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Reread my post above. I described the differences

thanks, sorry, must be tired.

#14 10 years ago

The only thing the LE has over the standard is the double clearcoat...I'd want it over the regular just for that fact, even if it means living with the beardcock.

#15 10 years ago

havent found an LE yet, interested in my Next Purchase of a pro model + mods-work to make it similar to A LE!!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The only thing the LE has over the standard is the double clearcoat

They did a good job on the clear with the LE, my play field looks like the day it slid out of the box 3 years ago!

Great pin.

#17 10 years ago

Is the double clear coat standard on all LOTR LE's?

#18 10 years ago

Had both.. LE is gone.. Standard still here.

#19 10 years ago

LOTR has been Stern's flagship elite pin for a long time. Still the best game they made. Going to be hard to top it. I also prefer the regular over the LE any day. I wouldn't trade my perfect HUO one for an LE even if they threw cash on top.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Is the double clear coat standard on all LOTR LE's?

YES!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 7.50
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.50
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.