Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lotr_panels-4.jpg
lotr_panels-3.jpg
lotr_panels-2.jpg
lotr_panels-1.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hi All
I designed some Interior Side panels for LOTR if anyone is interested.

You can check them out and purchase them directly from Pinball life here: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2917

These are HOT!
LITERALLY!

Thanks
Joe

#2 11 years ago

Nice! Do you have any pictures of them installed?

#3 11 years ago

I think they look great, but am uncomfortable with there being two volcanoes.... Wasn't there only one at the end of the movie? So you'd have 4 volcanoes altogether between both sides.

Really like the work you did though, they look great! What would be neat is one volcano for the right side, and maybe a shire area at the front of the left fading into a mountain/cave area where the Army of the Dead were hanging out.

#4 11 years ago

Those are really neat, but I agree with muttonboy a little bit.

It'd be cool if it started as the shire at the front...rolling green hills and all that, then progressed to some more harsh terrain in the middle, then tied into the mountains and Mt. Doom at the top. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Or, the art could match the scenes...so, Shire at the bottom-left, spooky catacombes at the top-left, forest at the right, etc.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

I think they look great, but am uncomfortable with there being two volcanoes.... Wasn't there only one at the end of the movie? So you'd have 4 volcanoes altogether between both sides.
Really like the work you did though, they look great! What would be neat is one volcano for the right side, and maybe a shire area at the front of the left fading into a mountain/cave area where the Army of the Dead were hanging out.

Same here. I would prefer a scene from the Shire and one from Rivendale or Helms Deep.

#6 11 years ago

I think these could be better. But the effort is appreciated.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hi AllI designed some Interior Side panels for LOTR if anyone is interested.
You can check them out and purchase them directly from Pinball life here: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2917
These are HOT!LITERALLY!

ThanksJoe

Actually, I think they look great. Can you provide detail/insight on how they are applied?

#8 11 years ago

Thanks all for the invaluable input!

I really appreciate the critique. So i know where peoples heads are at.

That is what really makes this site great.

I though it was aesthetically pleasing to put the second volcano rather then follow script.

Unfortunately, The picture on the site doesn't really do them justice. So I will upload a better one tomorrow.. I am actually on the road today.

One thing I would like to note: There isn't one image from the movie in there. It was created from various different mediums and assembled in photoshop. Most of those mountains in the background were airbrushed in Photoshop. I actually spent a lot of time on these and it was also my third attempt. It was a tough one.

They are adhesive backed vinyl and the back peels off. Like a big sticker. You should have a friend help you install as one hold sin place while the other peels. a squeegee is also helpful

Thanks

-Joe

#9 11 years ago

Nice work Joe! I' haven't forgotten about those tee shirts, btw. I'll get those made and sent to you.

Todd

#10 11 years ago

The multiple volcanoes ruin it for me, sorry.
It would look really cool if you were able to make the POTD area look like a cavern and the Shire area look Shirey. One Volcano back near the Tower and maybe just dead mountains toward the front.

#11 11 years ago

This is what they look like installed.

-Joe

lotr_panels-1.jpglotr_panels-1.jpg lotr_panels-2.jpglotr_panels-2.jpg lotr_panels-3.jpglotr_panels-3.jpg lotr_panels-4.jpglotr_panels-4.jpg

#12 11 years ago

However, this would be fantastic in a Gottlieb Volcano.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

The multiple volcanoes ruin it for me, sorry.
It would look really cool if you were able to make the POTD area look like a cavern and the Shire area look Shirey. One Volcano back near the Tower and maybe just dead mountains toward the front.

I agree. These decals make the machine seem very dark and in my opinion take away some of its charm.

#14 11 years ago

Its got potential. I guess you want to stay clear of any copyright infringement. But the best design would just be the map of middle earth. Light background, instantly recognizable.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

However, this would be fantastic in a Gottlieb Volcano.

Beat me to it

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

Its got potential. I guess you want to stay clear of any copyright infringement. But the best design would just be the map of middle earth. Light background, instantly recognizable.

The map is already on parts of the playfield. You can do a meadow for the shire area without copyright infringement. A forest in the lower right. A cave or catacombs for the upper left. A rocky battlefield for the upper right. THAT I would buy.

#17 11 years ago

I agree with most people here, I really like the effort and think you did a great job with these. However, they would look even better when they have movie backgrounds and they would look superb if the backgrounds matches the playfield areas.

#18 11 years ago

I'm glad someone is doing mods for this game still, I like them and may add a set down the road.

#19 11 years ago

To echo some other sentiments, I LOVE and appreciate the effort. Unfortunately, these don't quite do it for me.

Then again, mirror blades don't quite do it for me as much as it does for others.

Either way, excellent work!

#20 11 years ago

Very interesting. Like others on this thread, I would prefer to see a Shire-like environment transitioning to dwarven mines, and then Mount Doom near the top (back).

With that said, I don't want that to take away from your efforts on this! I appreciate any and all pinball mods.

#21 11 years ago

I think they look great! Nice job. Will order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-interior-panels-now-available-from-pinballlife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.