IMG_1158.jpg
IMG_1158.jpg
DSC_0073.JPG
DSC_0072.JPG
DSC_0071.JPG
DSC_0070.JPG
IMG_6578.jpg
IMG_5398.JPG

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I received the plastics from Gex and they are perfect! Thank you so much for helping me out. I installed the back two, but will wait to work on the VUK one until this weekend. I discovered another spot that gets hit on the VUK plastic. It is the spot where it almost makes contact with the rubber on the right. This spot got hit by a ball and caused my outer plastic to come off at the bottom again. Even with all the superglue. Any suggestions for something to glue plastic together and maybe even to metal without leaving behind a residue or fogging of the plastic?

Lol My Tech I had pull them off for you was funny.. These are too dirty to mail... I come back 5 min later and hes got the novus out polishing them for you. Did you try putting a thin piece of lexan behind it to protect it?

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from wescor97:

Gexchange said:Quick Question how does the cointaker LED Kit look in the LOTR?
The CoinTaker LED kit is excellent on LOTR. The only change you will want to make is replacing the Yellow Superbrites with Warm White Superbrites. The yellow looks orange and weak. On newer kits they changed to Warm White to correct this. On tuesday when your guys drop off my Transformers LE, I will give them the Warm White bulbs needed to finish yours out....
Thanks for hooking up the new pin,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew! Any chance you got a #89 led flasher red? Coin taker missed one in my package.

#53 11 years ago

I am sure that I have a #89 led in Red.... I will send it with the others...

#55 11 years ago

I will try lexan when I unrivet my old one this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion!

#56 11 years ago

I looked at mine briefly, and I think you could just cut a small piece of lexan and use a small amount of double sided tape to attach it on the VUK side of the plastic. It would not be very visible because of the plastic being screened and the metal bracket.

I can see some wear on the plastic at the VUK so it is probably just a matter of time before mine breaks at the rivet if I do not do it also.

7 months later
#57 11 years ago

I have a new pin and after reading about your shire plastic breaking, thought I should do something about it before I break mine too.
I used a Keystone right angle mounting bracket to support the bottom edge so the ball will not break it.

fix_002.jpgfix_002.jpg fix_001.jpgfix_001.jpg fix_006.jpgfix_006.jpg

#58 11 years ago

I mounted a small piece of lexan with velcro on the ball striking side and now the ball cannot hit the plastic that tends to break at the rivets.

#59 11 years ago

Here is the link to how I put in the plastic protector:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-protecting-lotr

One change I made was using velcro instead of double sided tape. The double sided tape was tearing off from the ball impacts because it has a foam like material, and velcro does not have that problem. Mine has been holding well with velcro for a few months.

#60 11 years ago

Damn, I just found out because of this thread, that this piece of plastic in my LOTR is some shoddy replacement that a previous owner must of did, since it doesn't have the decal on it, nor is it cut well. Anyone got another spare?

#61 11 years ago

I need one, too.

1 week later
#62 11 years ago

Bump, still looking for one.

1 week later
#63 11 years ago

I have my old one. While it is busted up around the third rivet, it is still in mostly one piece. Using the bracket posted by cpurola, it holds the new one in fine without the third rivet (I replaced the other two rivets with screws and bolts). I will post a pic when I have a chance later this week. I can also post a pic of my old plastic piece and you can determine if you would want it.

#64 11 years ago

Nice, thanks a lot.

#65 11 years ago

Bump.

#66 11 years ago

Here is the extra plastic I have. It is a little worse for wear as I had tried glueing it on at one point. If you are willing to pay the shipping, I am willing to send it.

Picture_39.jpgPicture_39.jpg

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-i-need-these-two-plastics/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.