IMG_1158.jpg
IMG_1158.jpg
DSC_0073.JPG
DSC_0072.JPG
DSC_0071.JPG
DSC_0070.JPG
IMG_6578.jpg
IMG_5398.JPG
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

I can live without them, but wondered if anyone had spares of the plastics in the two pictures.

One if the Shire VUK one that is riveted on. Mine was cracked from taking too many hits from balls jumping off the track and cracked around the lower rivet. My friend and I added a plastic on the inside of the metal VUK to protect it from further hits.

The other one is the plastic behind Gandalf that sits horizontally. This has a bit missing probably from balls ricochets off the ring.

Maybe someone has a spare of the plastic that sits below the Gandalf one (you can see it in the second pic). Someone in the past added posts to it (maybe to prevent balls from getting stuck). Anyone seen this done before?

I don't want to buy a full set, so looking to see if anyone has spares.

Thanks,

Jeremy

IMG_5398.JPGIMG_5398.JPG IMG_6578.jpgIMG_6578.jpg

Post edited by judremy : Added third plastic

#2 12 years ago

if it's just a clear piece you could always use what you have as a template (fill in the missing part) you may be able to tell what or how much of it is gone... and make one out of lexan... if you can't find one that is...
I found an nos set for my a13 and made protectors out of lexan
just a though...
hope that helps.

#3 12 years ago

Umm.. I have a whole new plastics kit coming for one we are shopping due to Warping.. Not sure if it will include the ones you want or not.. if it does I could grab the old ones for you and send them to you.. hit me up next week and remind me to look

#4 12 years ago

i made it myself with plexiglass, cheap and easy to do.

in your first pic (if it's the one above the wired ramp) i made one in 10 min.
take the old one off, cut a new piece, mesure the screw hole, drill it.
i used a jigsaw with a blade for plastic, dremel for the round part and to smooth the edge.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Umm.. I have a whole new plastics kit coming for one we are shopping due to Warping.. Not sure if it will include the ones you want or not.. if it does I could grab the old ones for you and send them to you.. hit me up next week and remind me to look

Gex, I know that you are in this for a living, but I think it is great how you are helping people out.
Is there a source that we can buy whole plastics sets for LOTR? I have been looking for other people and everybody seems to be sold out.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i made it myself with plexiglass, cheap and easy to do.
in your first pic (if it's the one above the wired ramp) i made one in 10 min.
take the old one off, cut a new piece, mesure the screw hole, drill it.
i used a jigsaw with a blade for plastic, dremel for the round part and to smooth the edge.

It is not that one. It is the one riveted to the VUK with the leaf art on it.

I really hope gex can unrivet the one from the VUK. Right now that piece is superglued on and a little bit of a mess.

Jeremy

#7 12 years ago

I just bought a LOTR all my plastics are good except arwen. The seller claims he ordered a new set but did not receive them yet... When he gets them supposed to send them to me. If this actually happens i can help you out as well. Fingers crossed

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I just bought a LOTR all my plastics are good except arwen. The seller claims he ordered a new set but did not receive them yet... When he gets them supposed to send them to me. If this actually happens i can help you out as well. Fingers crossed

I appreciate it. The two pieces are:
1. Shire VUK plastic (riveted onto metal)
2. Horizontal plastic that sits behind Gandalf.

Appreciate all the offers. Hopefully between you and Gex I can get the two pieces I need.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Gexchange said:Umm.. I have a whole new plastics kit coming for one we are shopping due to Warping.. Not sure if it will include the ones you want or not.. if it does I could grab the old ones for you and send them to you.. hit me up next week and remind me to look

Gex, I know that you are in this for a living, but I think it is great how you are helping people out.
Is there a source that we can buy whole plastics sets for LOTR? I have been looking for other people and everybody seems to be sold out.

Well now you have me worried.. I am direct with Stern so I had my parts guy order them.. Guess now I better have him make sure.. I will let you guys know.. Maybe I need to do a deal on LOTR Plastic sets!

As for drilling the Rivites thats easy =)

#10 12 years ago

Yes, it has been a few months since I last saw a set for sale.

#11 12 years ago

I would be interested in a set. always good to have on hand.

#12 12 years ago

Yea the guys I got my LOTR from said he has been waiting for a while to get them..so not sure if they really exist or not Also given they have value wouldn't be surprised if I never see them if he does get them..we will see how honest he is..What about these? Doesn't show all the plastic but says its a set? Think its just the path of the dead and a few other plastics.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5001-80

#13 12 years ago

Guys, I can get these. I Checked last night. OEM Stern Lord Of the Rings Plastic Kit $220 With Free Shipping!

Not sure what the ones listed on Marco are.. but it doesn't look like a full set and doesn't look OEM Stern

Anyone who wants a kit just shot me a PM

#14 12 years ago

Here is what an OEM plastics set should look like :

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-LOTR803-5000-80

The item/part number is: 803-5000-80

GEX, your price is very fair/reasonable for this set.

#15 12 years ago

Yep thats the part number Im offering! Great to hear!

#16 12 years ago

Ok to OP the below pics are what you need right? First pic of the one Rivitied on to VUK, Second one is pic of the plastic installed.. and removed. Just the two right?

DSC_0070.JPGDSC_0070.JPG DSC_0071.JPGDSC_0071.JPG DSC_0072.JPGDSC_0072.JPG

#17 12 years ago

Quick Question how does the cointaker LED Kit look in the LOTR?

#18 12 years ago

My LOTR has a bit of the typical LED ghosting but it's not unbearable (granted, I used the BCS kit from awhile back)....

If I had it to do over I would probably use the NoGhost from PinballLife

#19 12 years ago

Gex,

Those are two I need, but one of the original ones I needed is that one behind Gandalf (-38) if possible. On my machine, the previous owner put a bunch of posts into the lower piece and it is also cracking in the lower left corner of it.

I REALLY appreciate this as I got a bit ripped off on this machine (some agree, some don't). I just want to get it as good as I can. Now that I know about these issues in mine they are driving me nuts.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

My LOTR has a bit of the typical LED ghosting but it's not unbearable (granted, I used the BCS kit from awhile back)....
If I had it to do over I would probably use the NoGhost from PinballLife

Not To Bright? I want to do a kit so I will prob do the Super Kit from Cointaker.. Easier for my guys. This is a LOTR going to my showroom floor.

We are starting to do more with the LED kits

#21 12 years ago

Actually, I just looked at your picture and noticed your Shire VUK one seems to be cracked in the same place as mine. I would still love to have it because the decal on mine is all messed up and yours actually looks pretty good. Does it seem cracked in the lower right corner (when looking from the front of the machine)? I know it is cracked off the lower left rivet from what I can see.

#22 12 years ago

Went and got the part numbers for the plastics:

The one you already showed in the third pic is needed too but doesn't have a part number in the book unless you count that piece 830-6018-00 that looks more like a rectangle.

How is the swords ramp plastic in that one (-10)? It is the red piece that sits underneath the sword. Just curious if it has the wear spots where it sits on screw heads (bad design).

#23 12 years ago

Gex,
Those are two I need, but one of the original ones I needed is that one behind Gandalf (-38) if possible. On my machine, the previous owner put a bunch of posts into the lower piece and it is also cracking in the lower left corner of it.
I REALLY appreciate this as I got a bit ripped off on this machine (some agree, some don't). I just want to get it as good as I can. Now that I know about these issues in mine they are driving me nuts.

This one?

DSC_0073.JPGDSC_0073.JPG

#24 12 years ago

Yes sir. That is the one. Did you see the crack I mentioned on the Shire VUK? I'd still love to have it (both pieces) as I will fix the crack and I made a plastic piece to sit on the inside of the machine so it never will get hit by balls jumping off the wireframe (which I fixed) or from bouncing down into the hole.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Yes sir. That is the one. Did you see the crack I mentioned on the Shire VUK? I'd still love to have it (both pieces) as I will fix the crack and I made a plastic piece to sit on the inside of the machine so it never will get hit by balls jumping off the wireframe (which I fixed) or from bouncing down into the hole.

I looked.. Dosn't Look cracked.. Looks like its cut that way factory.. Mines smooth looks like to give room for the ball not to snag on it from the rubber in front of it.

I think you might have found 3 of the 5 good looking plastics in this game!

#26 12 years ago

Mine has LED's from pinball life I didn't put them in..but pretty sure they are using the ghostbusters for most of the inserts and I have no ghosting looks lice. To be honest the Supers might be little to bright for this pin and theme. If you go coin taker I would suggest maybe the mini's for the smaller white inserts and if you are going to to GI maybe the retro ones that look like bulbs in warm white. I love LED's but I think in this game it could be overdone. I did see someone use a different color for every member of the fellowship which looked kinda cool.

In regards to plastics too bad we can't just get a Arwen(though as I understand it, its a tree now). What kinda shape is your Arween in? I am getting the pin bits protectors for mine, its cracked but may look better with the pin bit on top. Hopefully I get the plastics the seller promised me, he stated that they cost him over $200 and he already paid so lets hope he comes though. He is an operator not a collector so I am not counting any chickens

Here is a pic of mine with LED's most of the GI is still bulbs.

IMG_1158.jpgIMG_1158.jpg

#27 12 years ago

Mine has LED's from pinball life I didn't put them in..but pretty sure they are using the ghostbusters for most of the inserts and I have no ghosting looks lice. To be honest the Supers might be little to bright for this pin and theme. If you go coin taker I would suggest maybe the mini's for the smaller white inserts and if you are going to to GI maybe the retro ones that look like bulbs in warm white. I love LED's but I think in this game it could be overdone. I did see someone use a different color for every member of the fellowship which looked kinda cool.

In regards to plastics too bad we can't just get a Arwen(though as I understand it, its a tree now). What kinda shape is your Arween in? I am getting the pin bits protectors for mine, its cracked but may look better with the pin bit on top. Hopefully I get the plastics the seller promised me, he stated that they cost him over $200 and he already paid so lets hope he comes though. He is an operator not a collector so I am not counting any chickens

Here is a pic of mine with LED's most of the GI is still bulbs.

IMG_1158.jpgIMG_1158.jpg

#28 12 years ago

Gex,

I made a drawing on your pic of where the third rivet is and where it is probably cracked. The lower-left corner of the shire vuk plastic should be a 90 degree angle. I still want it, but I will need both pieces that are there if it is broken.

DSC_0070.JPGDSC_0070.JPG

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Gex,
I made a drawing on your pic of where the third rivet is and where it is probably cracked. The lower-left corner of the shire vuk plastic should be a 90 degree angle. I still want it, but I will need both pieces that are there if it is broken.

Attachments
DSC_0070.JPG (120.3 KB, 0 downloads) 44 minutes old

Yes, that does appear to be a broken off area. I just checked mine and it should be a continuous piece that is 90 degree cut.
The one flaw with LOTR is that there are so many vulnerable plastic pieces. Many of the one's that are in dangerous spots can be covered with the pinbits kit, but there are still quite a few that are left exposed to the random ball impact. Fortunately I have not had any broken one's yet.

#30 12 years ago

Yep you are right! I just looked and it is split at the 3rd rivet.. Still yours if you want it thought!

Ive already got two of them off the machine, just need to drill the rivets or make one of my guys do it.

#31 12 years ago

Gex...you are really good for this hobby. Hope your business thrives!

#32 12 years ago

Well mine is cracked there too guess its pretty common oh well hopefully I get the new ones.

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Not good. I've got them in mine and they will be removed in the not-too-distant future. They ghost horribly and are way too bright for playing in low light conditions. Think I'm going to go with color matched incandescents instead.

I wouldn't recommend the Cointaker kit for LOTR.

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Gex...you are really good for this hobby. Hope your business thrives!

Thanks, I do what I can to help.. My Goal it to prove A good B&M Distro has a place in this world =)

#35 12 years ago

How hard is to remove and replace rivets ? If I get this plastic I think replacing it would be a pain? It's barely noticeable thanks a million for pointing it out judremy LOL!!

The LEDs on mine look great again pretty sure they are the pinball life ones. Or go with the non ghosting cointakers but those are gonna be bright!!

#36 12 years ago

Rivet

Quoted from Mando:How hard is to remove and replace rivets ? If I get this plastic I think replacing it would be a pain? It's barely noticeable thanks a million for pointing it out judremy LOL!!
The LEDs on mine look great again pretty sure they are the pinball life ones. Or go with the non ghosting cointakers but those are gonna be bright!!

Went with the Cointaker Super Kit so I hope its ok.

Rivets arnt hard if you have a rivet gun.. drill the Rivets pop them out. Put new ones in and Crimp using rivet gun

#38 12 years ago

Cool...if they didn't ship just get the non ghosters and you will be good to go

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Yep you are right! I just looked and it is split at the 3rd rivet.. Still yours if you want it thought!
Ive already got two of them off the machine, just need to drill the rivets or make one of my guys do it.

Yup. I still want it if you have both pieces. I am going to fix it and then rivet it back on.

The way to avoid this plastic breaking is to add a second plastic piece on the inside of the VUK metal. Use the outside piece as a template with minor modifications so it will fit and glue it into place.

Gex, please let me know what you need from me for these pieces and thanks again!

Jeremy

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Went with the Cointaker Super Kit so I hope its ok.

I'd contact them and switch your order out for the ghostbusters if you can. Trust me. The regular kit ghosts bad in LOTR. I know from experience.

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Gexchange said:Went with the Cointaker Super Kit so I hope its ok.
I'd contact them and switch your order out for the ghostbusters if you can. Trust me. The regular kit ghosts bad in LOTR. I know from experience.

Sent Email.. Thanks

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Gexchange said:Yep you are right! I just looked and it is split at the 3rd rivet.. Still yours if you want it thought!
Yup. I still want it if you have both pieces. I am going to fix it and then rivet it back on.
The way to avoid this plastic breaking is to add a second plastic piece on the inside of the VUK metal. Use the outside piece as a template with minor modifications so it will fit and glue it into place.
Gex, please let me know what you need from me for these pieces and thanks again!
Jeremy

Just 6 bucks for shipping, I still gotta drill the rivets for the 3rd one. I will make sure I include the broken off piece too..

#43 12 years ago

I see ghosting in mine now... The KEEP lights for one. And a couple others I will swap the ones that have issues out for ghostbusters soon.

#44 12 years ago

Damn you guys! Of course I go home to do some work on my LOTR and of course I take a deep look at mine and mine is of course cracked off at the bottom rivet as well!

now it will just bug me

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I got the full LED kit from Chris and there is a ghosting but they do look great in my LOTR. After a while i dont even notice the ghosting anymore...well yes i do but i dont mind it. He told me he has the non ghosting LED's and that I could send the problem ones back but i never got around to it.

#46 12 years ago

I'm going to be building a piece of plexiglass for the inside of the VUK. I will remove the rivets and replace with screws with nuts that will go through both pieces of plastic. I can post the template after I have a chance to make it if others are interested. All you will need to do is buy a piece of plexiglass and cut the template out.

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I'm going to be building a piece on the inside that I will remove the rivets and replace with screws with nuts. I can post the template after I have a chance to make it if others are interested. All you will need to do is buy a piece of plexiglass and cut the template out.

Make sure you locktight the nuts or use nyloc nuts. Your plastics went out US Mail yesterday.

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I can post the template after I have a chance to make it if others are interested.

yes please, trying to sort all my plastics out at the moment, and anything that will help avoid breaking them again is going to be welcomed.

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

The CoinTaker LED kit is excellent on LOTR. The only change you will want to make is replacing the Yellow Superbrites with Warm White Superbrites. The yellow looks orange and weak. On newer kits they changed to Warm White to correct this. On tuesday when your guys drop off my Transformers LE, I will give them the Warm White bulbs needed to finish yours out....
Thanks for hooking up the new pin,
Andrew

#50 12 years ago

I received the plastics from Gex and they are perfect! Thank you so much for helping me out. I installed the back two, but will wait to work on the VUK one until this weekend. I discovered another spot that gets hit on the VUK plastic. It is the spot where it almost makes contact with the rubber on the right. This spot got hit by a ball and caused my outer plastic to come off at the bottom again. Even with all the superglue. Any suggestions for something to glue plastic together and maybe even to metal without leaving behind a residue or fogging of the plastic?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-i-need-these-two-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.