You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lotr.JPG
image.jpg
image-934.jpg
dark_death_unicorn_by_qamil18-d2ypceq.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KLR2014.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Now that I have my 2 pins (ST Premium and IM VE) I'm looking for a 3rd pin (no more room then for 3). I would really like a LOTR because I think it's a good mix between the 2 I already own. Problem is I'm really reserved to buy a HUO LOTR because there is a change Stern will release a VE editon. I think price wise it's also not smart to buy a HUO for say 5000 Euro....

Am I the only one in this situation ? I assume same goes for people wanting a TRON for example. The whole VE thing makes me cautious

#31 9 years ago

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm in no rush so a little waiting is no problem. Thing is here in Europe a good LOTR HUO will cost close to Euro 5000 (say $5700). I bought my NIB IMVE for Euro 5100.

good thing is I scored a mint set of the "Army of the Death" figures already Anyone know if you can buy a complete light set for these figures somewhere ?

#122 9 years ago

As the OP I want to give some more info why I want to wait for a LOTR VE (if it will ever be releases).

First of all I'm in no rush, I have my 2 new pins that I really enjoy. second is the fact that Stern itself told us they will release more vaults in the future. I think the new Spike system will make it cheaper for them to re-release. No design cost of the theme, no sound, software etc all just of the shelf (well at least most of the work). And ofcourse finished code so no need for programmers.

Maybe in the US is't different but here in Europe it's quit difficult to find a nice HUO for a normal price. Besides the fact LOTR are not offered much at all.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Makes sense.

How about this one in NL:
http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/verzamelen/automaten-flipperkasten/m889374190-lord-of-the-rings-home-use-only.html?c=8c285449651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr
A Stern Premium is currently priced at 7.800EUR in EU, so 5KEUR for a HUO is not a bad price.

that one I have seen but it's no longer available.

#197 9 years ago

I would not mind spending 7000 Euro on a LOTR VE. why would I ? payed more for my ST Premium.

#207 9 years ago

Little update: today I visited a café who had a lotr. pin was in average shape but man what a great game!! wife and daughtger are also in love. So I have decided to hunt for a HUO or almost mint one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 18.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KLR2014.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-huo-or-wait-for-possible-ve?tu=KLR2014 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.