620.JPG
621.JPG
618.JPG
616.JPG
615.JPG
617.JPG
611.JPG
607.JPG
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

2005 run

Probably the closest to NIB you can get

very very low plays

No leds, no mods, 100% original

Has everything that came with it new. manual still stapled to inside of cabinet

open to trades up/down $5200 shipping ok, slightly negotiable with local cash

I will not be able to meet anyone at the Canadian border

613.JPG613.JPG
612.JPG612.JPG
611.JPG611.JPG
610.JPG610.JPG
609.JPG609.JPG
607.JPG607.JPG
617.JPG617.JPG

#2 9 years ago

more

615.JPG615.JPG 616.JPG616.JPG 618.JPG618.JPG 619.JPG619.JPG 620.JPG620.JPG 621.JPG621.JPG 622.JPG622.JPG 623.JPG623.JPG 624.JPG624.JPG
#3 9 years ago

couple more

625.JPG625.JPG 626.JPG626.JPG 631.JPG631.JPG
#4 9 years ago

Beautiful game. Great seller

#5 9 years ago

Game looks fantastic! Should go fast...good luck with the sale!

#6 9 years ago

oooh, whats the ramp on the floor, last picture?

#7 9 years ago

Damnit NO!!!! I am selling RFM soon, and if I sell it with my T3 already sold, I can buy this. No one buy it please D:.....

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

oooh, whats the ramp on the floor, last picture?

taf clear ramp why ?

#9 9 years ago

I didnt recognize it, looked interesting on the floor near the game

#10 9 years ago

Nice looking game.

#11 9 years ago

now THAT is a sexy shooter lane pic

#12 9 years ago

Damn that looks nice. Should go quick!

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Gwaxt72:

I will not be able to meet anyone at the Canadian border

Damnit!!!!

#14 9 years ago

quite a few pm's still available, will trade up or down

#15 9 years ago

Rob no MET yet?

#16 9 years ago

Rob is a great guy. GLWTS!

#17 9 years ago

Just wanna say that this game looks like it has a VERY nice playfield. LOTR playfield colors and registration are all over the map….this looks like one of the best I've seen. The fleshtones, rosy cheeks and blue eyes on Frodo are an indicator of a nice playfield!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just wanna say that this game looks like it has a VERY nice playfield. LOTR playfield colors and registration are all over the map….this looks like one of the best I've seen. The fleshtones, rosy cheeks and blue eyes on Frodo are an indicator of a nice playfield!

So it's rare that the hero's face looks that good?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

cool thanks, with that I will lower the price to 5K

#20 9 years ago

Great price on what appears to be a game in outstanding condition! With all the supposed demand for a LOTR VE I'm surprised someone hasn't jumped all over this.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So it's rare that the hero's face looks that good?

Yeah, I've seen ones where the people look less vibrant…sometimes even greenish in tone - like the printer was running out of red. Mine has good color, but the registration is slightly off - so Frodo's eyes are a bit reddish and it looks like he's stoned.

Quoted from Gwaxt72:

cool thanks, with that I will lower the price to 5K

Nah, you should raise it lol

#22 9 years ago

If I didn't already have a HUO I'd jump all over this. Here is a great chance for someone to upgrade their players condition routed machine.

#23 9 years ago

Sweet LOTR! If I had enough cash right now this is the one I'd buy. GLWYS.

#24 9 years ago

You have a PM good sir

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, I've seen ones where the people look less vibrant…sometimes even greenish in tone - like the printer was running out of red. Mine has good color, but the registration is slightly off - so Frodo's eyes are a bit reddish and it looks like he's stoned.

Nah, you should raise it lol

The LOTR I had had good color but sketchy registration too. Everything was blurry. You can usually look at the borders around the movie inserts to tell too. I complained to Stern and got a hand selected playfield shipped to me (sheet they had on hand) and it STILL had registration issues! This one looks nice.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The LOTR I had had good color but sketchy registration too. Everything was blurry. You can usually look at the borders around the movie inserts to tell too. I complained to Stern and got a hand selected playfield shipped to me (sheet they had on hand) and it STILL had registration issues! This one looks nice.

Yup. Mine has good color but registration is a bit off. I have a spare CC'd playfield that has perfect registration but the color isn't as vibrant. Ya win some ya lose some!

#27 9 years ago

I'm not familiar with the term. What is registration?

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from robbo105:

I'm not familiar with the term. What is registration?

If you look close on a playfield & you can see errant red and blue lines, it has poor registration. For instance on my LOTR, Frodo's eyes look blood shot because the red pass that should have been registered with his pupil ended up a tad low…so his eyes are a bit red. If you look really closely at the character names, you can see the red and blue is a bit off. It's subtle, but it can give one game a "blurry" look and others a "crisper" look. I had a Spidey with really bad registration…I didn't really notice it until I saw a friend's Spider-Man and the playfield looked "HD" compared to mine…then I looked close and saw the blue and red effect everywhere - like an old 3D comic book.

I'll try to take some pics later so you can see what I'm talking about.

#29 9 years ago

Here's a picture of my old LOTR. Playfield registration is perfect! A lot of others that I saw were either green or misaligned.

lotr.jpglotr.jpg
#30 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Here's a picture of my old LOTR. Playfield registration is perfect! A lot of others that I saw were either green or misaligned.

lotr.jpg 60 KB

That game looks familiar...

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you look close on a playfield & you can see errant red and blue lines, it has poor registration. For instance on my LOTR, Frodo's eyes look blood shot because the red pass that should have been registered with his pupil ended up a tad low…so his eyes are a bit red. If you look really closely at the character names, you can see the red and blue is a bit off. It's subtle, but it can give one game a "blurry" look and others a "crisper" look. I had a Spidey with really bad registration…I didn't really notice it until I saw a friend's Spider-Man and the playfield looked "HD" compared to mine…then I looked close and saw the blue and red effect everywhere - like an old 3D comic book.
I'll try to take some pics later so you can see what I'm talking about.

Ok, so it's silkscreen printed in multiple passes, one for each color, and the starting reference point is off for one or more colors, causing a shift in the location for the color, causing a fuzzy/blurry look, correct?

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

That game looks familiar...

And I feel kinda dumb for selling it... Still probably my all time favorite game!

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

And I feel kinda dumb for selling it... Still probably my all time favorite game!

Its not for sale, but if you ever did seriously want it back I'd talk about the idea. I figure if I was in the same boat I'd like the idea of having that option.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from robbo105:

Ok, so it's silkscreen printed in multiple passes, one for each color, and the starting reference point is off for one or more colors, causing a shift in the location for the color, causing a fuzzy/blurry look, correct?

Yup. Four passes, CMYK, and the registration is key to keeping it all sharp.

#35 9 years ago

Nice game bump!

#36 9 years ago

look at most Gandolphs on the top part of the playfield and it looks like he has red lipstick

#38 9 years ago

game is sold

#39 9 years ago

game is back on the market. My fault for not taking a deposit....

#40 9 years ago

ill trade Ya a nice WCS94

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Gwaxt72:

game is back on the market. My fault for not taking a deposit....

Not your fault you did exactly what most would do a gentlemen's agreement.

Shame on them for not keeping their end of the agreement. Unless of course a sudden emergency situation arose which would take precedence by all means in which I hope they at least notified you as such.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Not your fault you did exactly what most would do a gentlemen's agreement.
Shame on them for not keeping their end of the agreement. Unless of course a sudden emergency situation arose which would take precedence by all means in which I hope they at least notified you as such.

somewhere in the middle of that but once again the game is sold

2 months later
#43 9 years ago

Was just looking at this thread for reference as I'm trying to sell my LOTR. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lord-of-the-rings2003lotr-sf-bay-area-fs

Just had to turn down an offer for $4k. They were going to have it shipped so it would have cost them $4.5 total, but that's NMP. I'm not off in refusing that for this machine, right?

Was getting fed a lot of other whooha about wholesale versus retail and whatnot. I don't know what that's about, these are all used and private owners/collectors items, there is no retail. It's whatever the market bears. Then he mentioned something about a LORT VE coming out at the end of the year. First I heard about that. I know there's The Hobbit, but was that some grade A BS right there?

#44 9 years ago

I would say your game is somewhere in the middle of 4k and 5k. The one in this thread is truly HUO. Yours I am thinking not and I don't believe you are advertising it to be. The side rails and the touch ups in the gold around the coindoor would indicate a routed game. Although routed it looks very nice.

#45 9 years ago

I think between 4500 and 5000 depending on condition and add ons is very fair and the going rate

#46 9 years ago

Hold out for what you want. If you need to adjust down later for the market, then do it. I recently had a STTNG that I listed for the market average and eventually sold for less because the market seems to have gone soft on it. 4K is probably a good number for an average LOTR.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

now THAT is a sexy shooter lane pic

Maybe if you saw a photo of the whole shooter lane.

#48 9 years ago

I've been looking to buy a HUO LOTR so have been watching sold prices pretty close. I'd say your game is $4000-$4500. Probably closer to $4k to a Pinsider because it's stock with some cabinet wear. HUO games in great condition with some mods are going for high $4's or low $5's.

#49 9 years ago

Ok, thanks for the feedback! I'm willing to be flexible for sure. It was just a lot lower than I was willing to let it go for and I'd be taking a pretty big loss on it. LOTR is far too good a game to let that happen.

For the record(and probably not in my best interest) I was willing to let it go for $4500, but it didn't work out. I thought that was very fair for this machine and lower than I wanted to go. Since I made that offer, I will stand by that if anyone wants to take me up on it and mentions this post.

#50 9 years ago

Looks like $4.5k to $4.9k to me. Anyone waiting for Stern to announce LOTRve would be crazy not to snap this one up. Plus that one isn't going to happen and this one is for real. GLWTS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 7.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-fs-lord-of-the-rings-like-new-condition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.