(Topic ID: 50877)

LOTR for a POTC. comparable in a trade? Gameplay differences?

By vader1979

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by robm
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0007.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vader1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Have an opportunity to trade my LOTR for a POTC. For argument sake lets assume that the games are equal in condition. As it seems as they are based on pics. A straight up trade, one for the other, is the deal that would be made. Want to know how they stack up against each other. Would you trade a LOTR for a POTC straight up? How do they compare gameplay wise? Does POTC compare in price for a LOTR? Is POTC just as fun? I love my LOTR, but with my small gameroom, its time to mix it up, and my son is a huge pirates fan, so I know he would love it. I have only played this game once and it was at Disney world. Any advice on how they compare in gameplay, price wise would be appreciated! Thanks!!

#11 10 years ago

I do have more than one. I also have a TRON from the February release. Thats not going anywhere any time soon. Have played my LOTR enough to where I am ready for a new one. To mix it up a bit. I don't have the funds to purchase another machine...so one has to go...and its gotta be LOTR, cause TRON is just awesome! I was planning on getting rid of it anyway soon to fund the new star trek... but that's awhile out yet.

#12 10 years ago

Could u explain what u mean? Is it just not as fun? Not as deep? I understand the depth of LOTR... but I like that my son plays my pins too, and LOTR has been played enough by us that I just feel its time to mix it up a bit. Something fresh. We have pretty much stopped playing it. I play it maybe 2 times a week now? My son loves pirates...and I know he would love it. I only have room for 2 pins, so the LOTR has just been played out by both of us. So basically looking for a comparable, fin game that has a good theme

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Good lord do not trade LOTR for POTC. TOTAL downgrade in gameplay.

#18 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for their advice. It is much appreciated!

#19 10 years ago

Lastly...as for price. I had estimated my LOTR based on condition and mods added at 5000$. The guy that has the Potc says its in awesome shape...huo...just shopped out...etc. I have seen pics and have no reason to doubt it. and he values it at 5000 as well. That is why we are wanting to do a trade straight up. Without pics and info above...is 5000 fair value for Potc?

#29 10 years ago

His Potc has recently been thoroughly shopped.. new rubber...waxed...etc. has new compass decal and black pearl cannon mod. Nothing else done to it. Pics of it are very clean and solid. One edge of the right outlane plastic is broke off...but everything else is solid. No pf wear...no cab damage at all.

My LOTR is not huo I am guessing as it has a carriage bolt on front by coin door. Has normal wear on metal ramps, couple cracked plastics but not noticeable. I have added fro do shooter rod...plastic protectors... gold flipper buttons...upgraded flipper coils...crystal ball palantir mod with color change led...potd mod...target decals...speaker light kit with one ring gold inserts...Arwen diverted plastic..cliffy protectors...orthsnc rebound protector...colored incandescent lights in key areas..mirror blades (but thinking of keeping these to put on Potc )
Had some wear spots on cab but was able to mostly cover using gold and black paint pen.

All in all, my LOTR has more mods...but his Potc is in general better overall condition.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vader1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-for-a-potc-comparable-in-a-trade-gameplay-differences?tu=vader1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.