(Topic ID: 221556)

LOTR DMD problem

By fly

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180720_183142 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Today I turned on the pinball after a longer break and the display works badly, like in the picture.
    I have checked the cables, they are good.
    What could be the reason ??

20180720_183142 (resized).jpg20180720_183142 (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Corrupted display rom, try reseating it. Also, reseat all the ribbon cables.

#3 5 years ago

still the same :/

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from fly:

still the same :/

Are you sure all the pins on all the cables are straight and not bent and everything is aligned? Does the game play?

#5 5 years ago

yes, the game normally works, only there is a problem with the display.

the second strange thing, I'm programming a new rom and there is nothing on the display, I put the old one and display it with an error (as in the picture)

#6 5 years ago

Measure the voltages at the DMD power cable, -112v, -100v, 12v, 5v, and 62v.

#7 5 years ago

there is no 12V voltage (BLU)

#8 5 years ago

Ok. that is normal for Whitestar then. Can you post the voltages you measured?

#9 5 years ago

-113,5V, -102,5V, ... 5,02V, 73,2V.

#10 5 years ago

any ideas?

#11 5 years ago

The 73v is a bit higher than I had seen before, bit it still may be ok. Maybe try your DMD out of your Demo Man in LOTR. You should be able to make the 2 connections without physically taking the old DMD out of LOTR to test, just you need to hold the DMD by the edges to prevent shocking yourself.

#12 5 years ago

so I can connect Williams's display to check?

#13 5 years ago

Yes. Same type of orange plasma DMD, even if it is a different brand/manufacturer.

#14 5 years ago

everything is clear, the display is damaged.
    Thank you very much for the tips.

#15 5 years ago

No problem.

Good time to uprgade to a ColorDMD, if you like that sort of thing like I do. Lots of good color animations in LOTR.
    http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-lord-of-the-rings-pinball-machine/

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

No problem.
    Good time to uprgade to a ColorDMD, if you like that sort of thing like I do. Lots of good color animations in LOTR.
    http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-lord-of-the-rings-pinball-machine/

I will have to think about it, for now I will install a spare display from williams.
    Thank you

#17 5 years ago

Glad you have a spare DMD.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-dmd-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.