You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
0424120958a.jpg
0426121958a.jpg
100_0024.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago

There was no shaker included in the LE, just the capability.

Gold trim, numbered LE (stern's first), two extra layers of clear (biggest benefit IMO), signed PF from Gomez, and Gary, real backglass, no figures, but no holes in plastics, so by adding figures and pinbits footie plastics, you have a cleaning look as opposed to the plastic ties holding figures down, clear plastic under gandolf that allow light up to him better, as opposed to a silkscreened one with typical art, SAM driver board, and 5-6 year newer made game.

As for the slow play comment, that was just the game you played. I have played several LOTR's, and friends have them as well, and none of them play anywhere near as fast as mine.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Some of the LEs had the shaker installed from the factory. If I remember correctly Vyzer, Iceman and I were some that bought the game with the factory pre-installed shaker from Automated Services.

Was that a distributor mod though? I have not heard of LE's having shakers from the factory.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Does the standard game take the Roms that have the troll mode before Fellowship MB or was that only the LE?

Bot have orc mb as an option before fellowship. Insane to think of why anyone would disable that too.

Quoted from someoneelse:

If I'd have to chose I'd still prefer a standard + shaker. Don't like the LE backglass at all when the machine is lit up and the brass trims do nothing for me. Plus you don't need to raid eBay for figures to get the machine "complete".

Fair enough. I like the le backglass, I like the gild trim in some areas, not in others, but like the actual backglass aspect of it, but the image is not as nice all in all.

For me, the extra clear alone would be all that is needed to push the le ahead.

Either way, lotr rocks, and you can't go wrong.

#20 8 years ago

My brass was f'ed. I went with lollipop siderails and a new lock down bar from chestnut.

1 million plays huh?

#23 8 years ago

I recall people sitting on them nib for a long time, and dumping them for under 5k, as lotr just didn't jump. It literally seemed like when they were all sold, that is when Lott took a jump and LE's started selling a lot higher.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I just can't un-see the limp tool on the BG. I actually like the brass trim on the machine though.

It's funny what the mind wants to see eh? I only see boobs and vaginas, maybe that's just me though

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You guys all forgot the most important difference on the LEs.....Gary sterns signature on the pf!!!

Quoted from Atomicboy:

signed PF from Gomez, and Gary

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-difference?tu=Atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.