Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by T2F14
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled-1.jpg
    LOTR_right_side_wear.jpg
    LOTR_left_side_wear.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I've got some wear on the cabinet by the flipper buttons.

LOTR_left_side_wear.jpgLOTR_left_side_wear.jpg LOTR_right_side_wear.jpgLOTR_right_side_wear.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Any thoughts on how to repair this?

#3 11 years ago

Ouch! Not sure how to repair but these may work:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747&parent=0

#4 11 years ago

You could always get a scan of that area of the cabinet, get it printed on vinyl, and overlay it. But it will do the same thing. I would just buy the Stern flipper armor and call it a day.

#5 11 years ago

Some? That is a LOT. Stern and that stupid quality of their printing. Ugh, didn't they know people were going to actually PLAY the pin?

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the side armor info, they've been ordered.

#7 11 years ago

Unless they come with them you will need to get 2 (maybe 3) of those security screws for each side. (there are 2 or 3 more holes for screws on each side of the armor <around the flipper button>, the same type of screws that your rails are being held in with now)

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from charles4400:

Unless they come with them you will need to get 2 (maybe 3) of those security screws for each side. (there are 2 or 3 more holes for screws on each side of the armor <around the flipper button>, the same type of screws that your rails are being held in with now)

Thanks.

#9 11 years ago

while there are holes there, you don't really need them. the two bolts (top and bottom) and the two wood screws in the side of the rail are more than enough. i put these armor guards on all my sterns that didn't come with them. they should (but don't hold me to this) fit any sega pin too. for what they cost they really help to make the machine look better.

#10 11 years ago

I have a HUO LOTR with zero flipper wear & I am still buying the side rails.

Why?

Because 2 years ago @ Expo I saw custom hardware from Back Alley.

http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20lord%20of%20the%20rings%20pinball%20addons.html

Dope!

Should look great with gold buttons!

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

. they should (but don't hold me to this) fit any sega pin too. for what they cost they really help to make the machine look better.

I tried them on my SouthPark....they did not work

#12 11 years ago

Those screws are actually optional. You can install them using only the two screws that hold it onto the sides just fine. I put those armor guard side rails on all my games.

Quoted from Malibu-SS:

I tried them on my SouthPark....they did not work

You can get some arcade overlay material and just cut some semicircles and stick them on then cut out the buttons. It looks almost the same and has a pretty decent feel.

http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=219_223&products_id=513

#13 11 years ago

Probably a bit late now but I make and sell these cab protectors.

If you want some LMK, $42 shipped anywhere in the world

Cheers,
    Spacies

Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-1.jpg

#14 11 years ago

Those are clear acrylic though, right? So the wear would show through in his case?

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Those are clear acrylic though, right? So the wear would show through in his case?

Stainless.

But the wear would probably extend below the stainless.

#16 11 years ago

I tried both, now the new ones have a decal behind acrylic

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Dope!

Should look great with gold buttons!

Dope Indeed!

4 years later
    #18 6 years ago

How did that flipper armor work for you? I am looking to buy a lotr with this same type wear.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-cabinet-wear-advicehelp-requested and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.