• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by bsbdmd83
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LOTR Switches (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrDrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi dear fellow Pinsiders,

I may have a problem on my #Lord of the Rings.

Sometimes, when a lock on the right ramp (for The Two Towers Multiball) is lit and the ball comes down from the VUK or the one ring to the sword-ramp the game will lock the ball. First of all I thought the switch on the ramp close to the VUK (switch 22) would be bad, but after some time I figured out, that the game releases a ball from the ramp when the switch (22) gets hit and then it will lock it. Like I said, just sometimes and I just watched this, when at least 1 ball was already locked up. I am a bit confused.
Is the game acting normal or is there a bad switch?

Do you have any idea, what could cause that to happen?

I am thankful for every one of your suggestions

LOTR Switches (resized).JPGLOTR Switches (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Maybe, it could also be, that the switches 17, 18 and 19 aren't alright.

What do you think about that?

#6 7 years ago

Thanks a lot!
And thanks for your advice to use a ball, otherwise I couldn't have detected the error.

It seems so, that switch 17 isn't working alright.

When hitting the right ramp all the 3 switches (17, 18 and 19) are working, but when the ball comes down from the one ring or the VUK the game just shows me, that switches 18 and 19 are working.

I tried to bend the switch a bit it didn't work.
Do you have any advice how I can bend that switch better? I don't want to break it.

#7 7 years ago

Or would you advise me to replace the switch. And if, do I have to disassemble the whole right ramp?

#10 7 years ago

Sorry for the late reply, I had a different problem on my LOTR with the flipper coil, to take care of first, which is fixed now.

Thanks, I first thought of that too, but how can it happen, that the game releases one ball and after that it locks it? Is that caused by the switch 22 not registering properly? I had that once with the snake switch on my Metallica. It would kick out the ball, but it wouldn't register a hit. Tomorrow I am going to take a look at switch 22, maybe I try to bend it a bit, I hope that gives me progress towards saving the issue. After that I'll post here, with which conclusion I came up.

#12 7 years ago

Thanks for your suggestion, but recognizing what HighVoltage says it is actually the opposite.

Quoted from HighVoltage:

I thought the default would be to bypass the lock unless the ramp shot was made. But it's actually the opposite, the default is to lock, and if switch 22 is triggered, the lock is bypassed.

And that would actually make sense. It is a way how I can imagine, that whole issue being able to happen.

#13 7 years ago

I did a few more tests with the game, and found out, that switch 22 is working just fine, whether I move the ball fast or slow through the gate.

I have bend switch 22 a bit and the error sometimes still occurs. Though the switch is, in my opinion registering properly.

So I came up with the solution, that the cause must be switch 17. It is the only switch the game doesn't register properly. I ordered a new one, because it isn't working alright anyways. I'll maybe get the new switch on Wednesday and then I'll write, if that fixed the issue. If that isn't the solution I am going to follow HighVoltage's advice to concentrate on switch 22 and maybe I'll have to replace it too then. I really appreciate all of your help. You are a great community!

2 weeks later
#14 6 years ago

I have bend switch 22 some more, before I wanted to replace switch 17, and now the game seems to work well.
Thanks for all your advice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrDrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-bug?tu=DrDrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.