Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by beelzeboob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I've had the ball get trapped under the ring ramp spinner twice in the last week. Really annoying since you can't jar it loose without tilting, so the glass has to come off.

Essentially, it occurs when you hit the ball just hard enough to make it to the top of the ramp, where it rolls back down and gets trapped by the spinner which wedges itself on a angle against the ball.

Is this a normal annoying part of the game, or is there a fix for this that anybody has come across?

Thanks in advance!

#2 7 years ago

Is the bottom edge of the spinner mushroomed across it's width ? If so get a new spinner.

Next up be sure the wire axles sticking out the sides aren't bent out of shape. And a tiny drop of oil on each pivot point.

LTG : )™

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is the bottom edge of the spinner mushroomed across it's width ? If so get a new spinner.
Next up be sure the wire axles sticking out the sides aren't bent out of shape. And a tiny drop of oil on each pivot point.
LTG : )™

Just looked at mine to see how it is mounted . LTG is right on the money

#4 7 years ago

Here is the link for a new spinner with the decals on it:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1357

#5 7 years ago

I didn't have any of the problems LTG described. Put some oil on the shaft ends (in the hole) with a Q-Tip. I hope that solves it. Thanks for the link to the new spinner...no biggie if I have to buy a new one!

#6 7 years ago

I find I have to bend the spinner a little every so often, when at rest it should be pretty vertical. If the bottom edge is protruding that vertical plane it needs a little tweak.

#7 7 years ago

Another problem you can run into is the holes in the ramp for the spinner can get elongated. I've seen them where they look more like slots than holes....

3 weeks later
#8 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I've had the ball get trapped under the ring ramp spinner twice in the last week. Really annoying since you can't jar it loose without tilting, so the glass has to come off.
Essentially, it occurs when you hit the ball just hard enough to make it to the top of the ramp, where it rolls back down and gets trapped by the spinner which wedges itself on a angle against the ball.
Is this a normal annoying part of the game, or is there a fix for this that anybody has come across?
Thanks in advance!

This happens to me occasionally (OK, 3 times out of about 100 games). After nearly tilting the first time, I waited for the ball search and Balrog knocked it loose when he swiveled out. You might lose a ring mode or other timed event, but it should get knocked free. Mine sticks in a weird way where the ball is exactly against the flat edge of the spinner, so it's pretty stable. I don't think it has anything to do with how freely the spinner turns, but it may have something to do with the straightness of the pins on the spinner sides. I'll tackle it if it becomes an actual problem.

#9 7 years ago

I had to bend the spinner back to straight up and down position, as per CenterFlank's suggestion. Everything works well now...thanks to all for your input!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside