New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 88181)

Lotr Army of the Dead Figures??

By pinsrus

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by HighVoltage
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
0427120011a.jpg
0426122138a.jpg
0426121958a.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Anyone know where I could possibly get the figures? Thank you!

#2 6 years ago

A month or so ago, you could find many sets on Amazon for $39. I am not seeing any now. Somebody must have bought them all up.

#3 6 years ago

Ya I can't find them, but of course I'm a month late lol ..thanks

#4 6 years ago

I have all the Play-a-long figures never installed . I will sleep on it.

#5 6 years ago

Armies of Middle Earth are not the same as the Play-along ones.

#6 6 years ago

I'm basically just looking for 3 set of, Army of the dead.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Armies of Middle Earth are not the same as the Play-along ones

Quoted from judremy:

Armies of Middle Earth are not the same as the Play-along ones.

Yes they are the same all Army of Middle Earth were made by Play-along At least all the ones I purchased it has the Play-Along logo on the Army of the Dead box

#8 6 years ago

Ya I looked up the play along versions, I seem to find all of them except that one. Well if anyone comes across any sometime shoot me a msg. TY!

#9 6 years ago

Rob did you not put them because you dont like them or just haven't gotten to it?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsrus:

Rob did you not put them because you dont like them or just haven't gotten to it?

I have the LOTR LE . And it is quite involved to install the way I was doing it . The Path of the Dead Mod looks graet but kind of a PITA .

0426121958a.jpg 0426122138a.jpg 0427120011a.jpg
#11 6 years ago

Ahh gotcha, loving Sauron back there.

#12 6 years ago

This is what I did. I bought the guy with the cape (not the king) twice, removed the cape and added different weapons, makes him look like another different figure. I installed them with the pinbits base over the actual switches, and mounted flat LEDs under the figures, and tied these into the back panel lights.

Many people here have tried to do the same after seeing what I did, which I believe it the best use of the figures and base back there, as it's interactive and not just pure esthetic, but it's not easy to do, and it took me a LOT of planning.

I've spent more time on custom mods with this machine alone then all my other 27 in total, between the eye flasher, Balrog votive topper, and this.

IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG
#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

This is what I did. I bought the guy with the cape (not the king) twice,.....
Are these readily available as I'm not sure I've come across these either..

#14 6 years ago

Rob,

Sorry about my confusion. Someone once posted some other type of LOTR figures and I thought I recalled them being play along. I am looking for Gimli to add to my machine if anyone has one.

#15 6 years ago

No idea what is available, but just showing what you can do with them. There was a guy online until a couple years ago that supplied like 90% of the ebay LOTR figures, and wold make sets for the LE people for the missing figures, but I guess he sold his rooms and rooms of figures, as he is no longer there. I got everything from him.

I did the Sauron in the same spot as well, but removed the base I believe. I've got the ringwraiths, but can't figure out how to tastefully implement them.

#16 6 years ago

I actually think I should sent the guy your talking about a pm earlier so guess we'll see what happens..the search continues! Thanks guys

#17 6 years ago

I did not "should" lol

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Rob,
Sorry about my confusion. Someone once posted some other type of LOTR figures and I thought I recalled them being play along. I am looking for Gimli to add to my machine if anyone has one.

For Gimli, what you want is the Play Along set called "Fighting Fellowship":

ebay.com link » Lord Of The Rings Armies Of Middle Earth Soldiers And Scenes Fighting Fellowship

ebay.com link » The Lord Of The Rings Armies Of Middle Earth Battle Scale Fighting Fellowship

#19 6 years ago

Yeah i have seen them going for great sums lately. Last one i saw was sold for around 100$ on a local salesite here.

1 year later
#20 4 years ago

Hey guys, does anyone have a 3 pack (opened or not) of the army of the dead translucent figures they want to sell me?

#22 4 years ago

Yea, I have that in my watch list, but its an auction not a buy it now so I have to make bids and hope I win it after 6 days. Be nice if the guy would just post a price he wants and sell it.

#23 4 years ago

These guys have them in the US, but seems super expensive.

http://gofigureactionfigures.com/cgi-bin/sc/ss_mb.cgi?storeid=*10aa2218a106de402f4c&ss_parm=Ad02ef2e3ad531998297433a1ec420cdc

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

These guys have them in the US, but seems super expensive.
http://gofigureactionfigures.com/cgi-bin/sc/ss_mb.cgi?storeid=*10aa2218a106de402f4c&ss_parm=Ad02ef2e3ad531998297433a1ec420cdc

Yea. I ordered those but it's possible they just don't update their stock on their website. I also found a South African based eBay type site had a set but who knows if / when that would show up.

#25 4 years ago

If you're on ebay, set up a saved search with email notification. Thanks to that, I was able to get the Army of the Dead set for $35 just a couple weeks ago.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

If you're on ebay, set up a saved search with email notification.

How do you do this? ....found it!

2 weeks later
#27 4 years ago

These things are gold now... I was lucky enough to buy 3 sets from an Ebay seller as I want to make a couple POTD 2.0 mods. I can sell you one if you want, PM me.

Didn't notice that was 15 days ago, you probably already got it...

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside