Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lordringseye.gif
1-DSC00236.JPG
homer.jpg
20130213_212340-1.jpg
5-DSC00198.JPG
3-DSC00196.JPG
There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

That's super cool man. Nice work indeed.

#102 11 years ago

Is your projector an OLED board?

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is your projector an OLED board?

No, it is a static image. My tests with video came out poorly. There was a lot of pixelation due to the magnification of the sphere, unless I moved the board far enough back to get in the way of the Balrog and/or be sitting in the middle of the pop bumpers.

-Jay

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from jrobinso99:

My final design is complete. I created a video since the projected/3D effect isn't shown well in pictures. Sauron's eye kinda follows you around a bit as you move, which is cool : » YouTube video
The final version is a complete replacement for the original Palantir and mount that can be just dropped into place after attaching the lamp socket extension. It does not require unscrewing the old Palantir. This simplifies installation and prevents modification of the old mount. All components are heavy duty typical playfield grade. Cuts were made on a diamond wheel and all bonding and embedding is with epoxy resins. I'm sure it will show some signs of wear after enough airball hits, but it should hold up as well as anything else on a typical playfield.
I'll post some pictures of how it mounts later today.
This version is going to be $100 shipped for those that want one. The first batch of Palantirs I have now are already spoken for but I'm making 10 more which should be ready in about a week. These will be provided to those who PM me in the order in which I receive the request.
-Jay

Isn't it poor taste to post your item for sale in someone else's thread?

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Isn't it poor taste to post your item for sale in someone else's thread?

My apologies. I thought about starting a fresh thread but there was a lot of background and discussion on design throughout this one so I thought I would update here. I could redirect the old thread to this one and then mention a new separate thread here? I'm not sure what the best protocol is but I personally hate it when there are 4 threads going on the same topic and trying to follow the chronology of what happened gets confusing.

#106 11 years ago

At BoJo's suggestion, I created a separate link for the Projected Eye Palantir Mod.

Please continue the discussion of any animated Palantir here in this thread and discussion about a static projected approach here : http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-projected-eye-palantir-mod

#107 11 years ago

Any news on the animated one?

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from sneljo82:

Any news on the animated one?

+1

#109 11 years ago

Both are nice, but I am very interested in the animated one. That is some cool shite!

#110 11 years ago

Yes, I'd like to hear about it when it's done. Please keep us in the loop.

#111 11 years ago

Add me to be animated list

#112 11 years ago

I'd also like to get on the animated list.

#113 11 years ago

Ryan, are you getting close to releasing a video of your mod yet? A lot of us are anxiously awaiting...!

#114 11 years ago

I want both the eye and animated ones. I'll resell whichever one isn't staying later so add me to the list

#115 11 years ago

Perhaps you could 'lift' our PM's off of this thread and maybe send out one mass email with updates. It would be very interesting to hear about your progress. And if you developed a private email list, you wouldn't have to find this thread to retrieve all the names. It could get VERY buried on here over time.

By the way, good work!!!
Mike

1 week later
#116 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

It could get VERY buried on here over time.

Just add to your favorites

#117 11 years ago

Haven't heard anything from the OP in 2 weeks...is this still being worked on? I already decided to get the projected eye mod, which looks awesome, but still curious to see how this one turns out if it happens.

#118 11 years ago

I'm starting to do some updating work on my LOTR and am curious about this as well. I will likely go with one of them but, would like to see the projected results/price first.

2 weeks later
#119 11 years ago

Any update?

4 weeks later
#120 11 years ago

Count me in whenever its done!

2 weeks later
#121 10 years ago

I'm totally in for one if they become available.

#122 10 years ago

any progress being made here?

2 weeks later
#123 10 years ago

Any news, Ryan?
(By the way, nice Tron topper!)

#124 10 years ago

Great job! Would love to see the video and the mod when you are done!

#125 10 years ago

Update?

lordringseye.giflordringseye.gif

#126 10 years ago

waiting for some video of the animated series.

#127 10 years ago

I think I have finally got the details worked out with the supplier in China on the crystals 3 times with a 3-4 week wait time in between has been a killer. I just want it to be perfect and to show up as clear as possible so I have had to tweak the design several different times. My final sample crystal should be here in the next few days and I can finally get some videos of this put together. I can really complain to much though because it has given me time to get caught up on some other projects in between

Thanks,
Ryan

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from BlindVoyeur:

I think I have finally got the details worked out with the supplier in China on the crystals 3 times with a 3-4 week wait time in between has been a killer. I just want it to be perfect and to show up as clear as possible so I have had to tweak the design several different times. My final sample crystal should be here in the next few days and I can finally get some videos of this put together. I can really complain to much though because it has given me time to get caught up on some other projects in between
Thanks,
Ryan

Cool! If your other projects are half as cool as the Tron topper and Palantir, you've got to tell us what you've been up to...

#129 10 years ago

I would like one . I hope it turns out great. Keep me in the loop.

#130 10 years ago

I cannot wait to see the video. The mod sounds like something I would want to add to my machine.

#131 10 years ago

Please sign me up for one of these.

#132 10 years ago

add me to the list

#133 10 years ago

sign me up for one!

2 weeks later
#134 10 years ago

Ryan, did the sample crystal arrive?

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Ryan, did the sample crystal arrive?

Maybe it turned out so well he was possessed by the eye of Sauron. Right now goblins are tearing down surrounding trees to fuel the engines of war...

1 month later
#136 10 years ago

Any news Ryan? My hopes are sinking...

1 week later
#137 10 years ago

Sigh. Too bad. This mod appears to be DOA. Or MIA. Or arrested for a DUI.

#138 10 years ago

I'm still in if it is happening!!!!

#139 10 years ago

I'm in

#140 10 years ago

I got a pm from him a week ago maybe saying that he had a 4-6 week backlog.

#141 10 years ago

Zucot, are you sure that wasn't the PM I sent you for the Projected Eye version of the Palantir?

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from jrobinso99:

Zucot, are you sure that wasn't the PM I sent you for the Projected Eye version of the Palantir?

I am a schmuck! Oops.

#143 10 years ago

I'd like to order one of these, animated or not, for my new LOTR. Animated would definitely be my preference, but the last update is 2 months old. Any new news on this? Is it going to happen?

1 month later
#144 10 years ago

Any updates?

3 months later
#145 10 years ago

Any news on this front?

#146 10 years ago

I sent a PM about 10 days ago. Haven't heard anything.

3 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-animated-palantir-mod/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.