Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2015-12-10_20.40.28.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
WP_20150722_013.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I am looking at finally installing LED's in these 2 machines. Thought about putting the non-ghosting bulbs in over just the regular led's, does it really make a difference on either of these? Looking for some guidance from those that have done these machines already into what works best. Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

I have led monopoly with cointaker non ghosting leds ,everything looks good except on the board game in the middle, stern put all the lights zig zag and it looks like crap,even my wife said it look bad, so i changed them back, here a pic to see how the lights zig zag

WP_20150722_013.jpgWP_20150722_013.jpg

#3 8 years ago

The board is too translucent for leds

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I am looking at finally installing LED's in these 2 machines. Thought about putting the non-ghosting bulbs in over just the regular led's, does it really make a difference on either of these? Looking for some guidance from those that have done these machines already into what works best. Thanks!

Yes, 100% you need non-ghosting bulbs in these games. Especially LOTR. Even with non-ghosting LOTR struggles with LEDs with how many fading effects it has.

For LOTR I'd get an LED OCD board and use regular bulbs. We have a much cheaper alternative to the LED OCD coming out soon as well

#5 8 years ago

I am using Comet Pinball LED Twin 2835 SMD 6.3V AC/DC INTENSE BRIGHTNESS with FROSTED LENS #555 Wedge

image.jpgimage.jpg

#6 8 years ago

LOTR with an OCD board is just fantastic

#7 8 years ago

Pinrookie, that looks nice. Is the whole game done in led? Could you post a pic if you have one please.

#8 8 years ago

LotR's code was written with fading effects that LEDs make look absolutely broken, unless things have changed. LEDs operate like total crap in this game.

#9 8 years ago

Hi dadoftwins
Sure. I use sunlight for all my GI as well.
Some games are better with LED and Monopoly is one of them.

LOTR- I believe use incandescent light bulbs for all your inserts and use LED for all your GI is the best solution without OCR Board.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 8 years ago

That does look much better then factory. Thanks a bunch for the picture. I have to get a shopping list together and see if I can duplicate what you have going on there.

#11 8 years ago

It can be easier then you think!

We have two kits, a Starter Kit of 150 SMD....enough to do this game or very darn close, at $99 with free shipping,
or a Master Kit of 250 1 SMD for $149 and free shipping....that can be enough to almost finish 2 Stern games!

We can also upgrade the brightness of these kits to Twin 2835, and Sunlight for $10 more, or provide a less bright but still Sweet, 2 LED
kit for $10 less.

Just mention this in the notes, as I havent added these yet.

Heres the 2 links:

http://www.cometpinball.com/Master-Pinball-LED-Kit-p/250-pack-master-kit.htm

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/150-pack-starter.htm

Or you can count them up and color match everything and order frosted Twin 2835...Should run about $100 to do
this with exceptional results!

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd-ct-ft.htm

Art

#12 8 years ago

wouldn't totally LED LOTR incandescent bulbs look good in places an stay true to the older look of the machine..

#13 8 years ago

LOTR is a game that greatly benefits from an OCD Board, yet many people are happy without it. Personally, I would add one.
But mixing, as I think you are asking? is fine on this or any game.

Any way you like to light them!

2 months later
#14 8 years ago

Pinrookie- with the Comet Pinball LED Twin 2835 SMD frosted bulbs you mentioned, did you use those for everything? Also, did you encounter any issues using these as opposed to the 'non-ghosting' comet bulbs? I like how your machine looks and would like to attempt something similar.

1 week later
#15 8 years ago

This picture isn't the clearest, but thought I would share an image after I got done. Used a variety of bulbs from Comet and I'm really happy with how it turned out. 2015-12-10 20.40.28.jpg2015-12-10 20.40.28.jpg

#16 8 years ago

Looks really good to me. Nice job!

6 years later
#17 1 year ago

ZeldaOoT Do you remember if you used non ghosting bulbs or not and if not if it was noticeable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-and-monopoly-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.