“What Keith JJP game is considered LOTR 2.0?”

• WOZ 13 votes
    28%
  • Hobbit 20 votes
    43%
  • Pirates 13 votes
    28%

(46 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clellison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

WOZ - beautiful game - clunky game play, mini pf is underwhelming to the point I don't want to use it.
JJPOTC - Underwhelmed me and I'm a huge POTC fan. (love the swamp shot and 3rd flipper). Every single time I hit the shot (whatever it's called) where the post comes up and the ball bounces around, when the post drop the ball went SDTM. Not to mention the clear coat issue happening ....yikes.
TH - it's different than LOTR (I own both) in several regards to it being a wide body slowing action, it has a 3rd flipper so you're not always waiting for the ball to return to the flippers, killing smaug is WAAAAY freaking harder than destroying the ring, 31 modes needing to be finished to make it to TABA making it way deeper (thus making it LOTR 2.0). People who hate TH either disliked the movies and/or haven't played with the latest code. It's truly a great game. IMHO having to make the ball slightly leave the right flipper to then backhand it to Ratagast is one of the most satisfying shots in pinball. It's too bad you can't do the same with the left flipper to hit Balin without jacking up the coil voltage and then dealing with the ball leaving the hobbit trail. Dislikes - damn rollovers are too high and it feels like the E and N drop targets can't be hit with a direct flipper shot - feels like you have to wait for a rogue ball to hit them.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

How am I supposed to judge code when i am a mediocre player and never get to see the wizard modes?

With all due respect - why should you then judge any machine not knowing what it's fully capable of? It's kind of a double standard don't you think? Play pinbal get better - go further. That's just how it works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clellison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-20-woz-hobbit-or-pirates?tu=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.