Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Neal_W
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a LOTRs and there are 4 roll over switches on the POTD that give you souls. One of the switches (the upper left to be precise) isn't registering the ball rollovers. Since I am very new to pinball, can anyone give me a few directions to trouble shoot this issue (using small words)?

Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Put the pin into the switch test and manually press on the switch. It could just need adjusting the lever to make the ball push on it more. If you push it all the way by hand and it still does not register then replace the switch. If it registers when pressing by hand then bend the lever so that when the ball rolls over it, it will push on the switch more.

#3 8 years ago

You may need to take the POTD off the game to adjust the switch.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the quick replies.

#5 8 years ago

I actually just had to do this on my LOTR the other day. It was the top right in my case; it wasn't consistently registering roll overs. I verified by doing a switch test the switch was OK & simply needed to be more sensitive (above field lever higher in my case.) I was able to carefully bend the above field tab a teeny bit without removing the POTD & make the switch more sensitive. It works everytime now! My understanding is that this is pretty common with switches in general over time.

#6 8 years ago

Again same with my LOTR, 1 POTD switch not working. Oddly worked in switch test but never during actual gameplay despite adjustment. In the end the switch needed to be replaced, new one works great.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Again same with my LOTR, 1 POTD switch not working. Oddly worked in switch test but never during actual gameplay despite adjustment. In the end the switch needed to be replaced, new one works great.

Do you have a part number handy just in case this is the case for me?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Do you have a part number handy just in case this is the case for me?

PN is 180-5057-00, looks like its a Cherry DB3 its cheaper to buy the switches without the actuator instead of as an assembly, not positive, but its very likely that every microswitch in that game is a DB3

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=180-5057-00

#10 8 years ago

My upper right POTD switch has started to fail when playing, but always tests fine. Probably wearing out. Adding one to the cart for my next order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 39.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 7.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-1-potd-switch-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.