(Topic ID: 62922)

Lot of destroyed pins in Seaside...

By PoMC

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 10 years ago

I saw that in the news, was hoping it was not near the fire.

#3 10 years ago

That's a damn shame :-/

#4 10 years ago

too bad about the pins...

that being said, pins are insignificant compared to the impact this (on top of sandy) will have on people's lives... pins really should be the last thing people are worried about...

edit: sorry for being unconcerned about the pins... but for a shore community still not really recovered from sandy, something like this is another hard kick in the crotch...

#5 10 years ago

Bad day for Pinball. Lyons Colorado is cut off by flood.

I hope the people there are safe, as well as Lyons pinball.

LTG : )

#6 10 years ago

People are fine.... "just" property damage.

#7 10 years ago

i thought I felt a disturbance in the force today. Now I know why.......

#9 10 years ago

Yeah, mine and my wife's family and friends were slammed and f^&ked by Sandy. At least this fire is just that, a fire contained to structures and a limited area. Sucks for the business owners, but bright side it's the end of the season.

Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

#10 10 years ago

So sorry for your family, and all the people who have experienced so much hardship and loss over the last year. This definitely just doesn't seem fair. Tough to lose places that invoke memories of our younger days. That has to be one of the biggest reasons we all collect pinball in our homes, b/c there are so few places we can go to duplicate the sights and sounds of the arcade. Not many left...sad to lose that one and the pins. I am sure they will rebuild again...hopefully.

#11 10 years ago

Glad to hear people are all fine. Huge loss though best of wishes to all involved.

#12 10 years ago

Fire is finally under control, an estimated 40-50 businesses lost. Any word on the fate of the silverball museum?

#13 10 years ago

Man they just reopened. I hate to think its gone.

#14 10 years ago

Silverball is in Asbury Park, not Seaside....about 20 miles away. So they're good.

#15 10 years ago

I grew up in Belmar and lived near Seaside before moving out of NJ 7 years ago. All my family and my wife's family are in NJ, along with tons of our friends. Had friends have their houses wiped out, vehicles washed away, etc.

#16 10 years ago

Unreal. I was just there at the Carousel Arcade
    Played the Pins that survived Sandy.
    TAF,ES, WW, WH20, T2, F14
    How much can this town take.
    Glad there is no serious injuries.

#17 10 years ago

I didn't play any pins at the Carousel since they are usually pretty hit or miss in my experience (plus the old room they had I presume was destroyed by Sandy), but we did just take our 13-month old (at the time) on the carousel itself for her first ride. Very bummed.

#18 10 years ago

And Lyons is being evacuated. I hope Kevin and his family are safe.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And Lyons is being evacuated. I hope Kevin and his family are safe.

Oh man, I did not realize they were being affected by the floods. Will keep them in my prayers!

Chris

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lot-of-destroyed-pins-in-seaside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.