Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

I had problems with old score displays with burnt spots, burnt traces on the board, burnt resistors, mismatched models, etc.. Nothing working proper and this is machine I am trying to restore so I bought a replacement 5 pack from Wolffpac Tech. Now I have soldered everything together and installed and none of the new displays working.. The fuse on the solenoid board has connectivity and was recently replaced and intact. Does anyone have suggestions on what it could be. It was wasn't previously working perfectly but I had 2 to 3 numbers flickering in each board.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

My guess is you have a crappy connector. Displays get their power from the driver board and their logic from the MPU at J1, both of these connectors need to be spot on, if the pins are not good, you will have what you describe. Aside from that, I would check compatibility with the manufacturer to see if there is a specific jumper needed, which isn't uncommon with other aftermarket displays.

GL!

#3 6 years ago

Shackler: I will contact manufacturer about possible step I was not aware about but more about what you indicated earlier, to clarify, both J1 pins on the MPU and J1 on the lamp driver board affect the score displays?

#4 6 years ago

Do these replacements need the HV from the sol driver board?

#5 6 years ago

I would repin and use new connectors.

GL

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Do these replacements need the HV from the sol driver board?

None that I've put in. All they need is 5v. I pulled the HV fuse on mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-world-score-displays-replaced-but-none-working?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.