(Topic ID: 195577)

Lost World Playfield Light Problem

By DumbOldGuy

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

There was an earlier thread on a very similar topic and I tried to post in it but couldn't, SO:

I've managed to get most everything working on the thing and having a blast but I'm really just feeling my way along because I know almost nothing even though, astonishingly, I found both full schematics and the ring-bound operations manual inside the box.

The problem is that every single General Illumination playfield light is out. Saucers too. Backboard is fine, all other playfield lights operating normally (well OK, having an issue with the E target light but otherwise working normally.)

Can some kind soul give me some guidance?

#2 6 years ago

This will be the power-supply connector (to the rectifier board in the lower-right corner of the head). One of the pins is likely making a bad connection. You can try gently wiggling these connectors and see if you get any life, but ultimately those pins/connectors need to be rebuilt.

#3 6 years ago

In addition to the female connector, you may also have cracked solder joints or tarnished male pins on the rectifier boars that need to be replaced.

2 weeks later
#4 6 years ago

Thanks to both of you.

Some cracked solder joints on the rectifier board was indeed the issue. Reflowed and let there be light!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-world-playfield-light-problem?hl=dumboldguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.