6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally_AS-2518-32_Soundboard (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

i just recently acquired a not working Bally Lost world. i have been able to get it booted up and running, but I currently have no sound. not even a humm. the sound board is a AS-2518-32. I do not know if board is good, so it could be anything at this point. (game does boot and play without sound)

I have tried turning volume knob, but no change. I have also been trying to find wires linked to A8 in the schematics, but am obviously missing something because i dont see any :/

any hints as to where to start?

thanks in advance.
-barry.

#2 6 years ago

if you have another speaker i try it.i have had 3 games a bought of the last 10 years that had bad speakers.i know i wouldn't believe it either.i also see if there a adjusting pod on the board its self try turning it up and down.if nothing then i would probably pull the board and look at back side where the pins are for broken solder joints and re flow them.if still no help i order a new pod adjuster, a cap kit and i see from the schematics where the amp capacitor is and order and replace all them parts.if that didn't fix it then i send mine out.good luck

#3 6 years ago

Do you have power on the sound board at the test points?
TP1 +5V
TP2 ground
TP3 +12V
TP4 +43V

Bally_AS-2518-32_Soundboard (resized).jpgBally_AS-2518-32_Soundboard (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

Yeah test points on sound board got correct values.

#5 6 years ago

Does the board reproduce a buzz when you touch the back side of the board at the big black amplifier (U10)?
If yes, the amp may be oke.
If no, it's busted.
Other than thst you may need a scoop to check which part is broken.
Check the Pinwiki at http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#AS-2518-32_.26_AS-2518-50_Sound_Board_Troubleshooting
Reflow the print header pins.

#6 6 years ago

just an update. I reflowed header pins, and re-pinned connectors on sound board. still no sound.

I have ordered a sound board capacitor kit, and also new U10 and U9 amp chips and sockets. hoping that replacing those parts will get the sound working

#7 6 years ago

Well I got sound! I had ordered parts from multiple places so installed them as they arrived. Two days ago I replaced the volume and sustain pots and U9 and U10. Sound still did not work. Then yesterday I replaced the capacitors and sound now works

Thank you all for the advice.
-barry

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-world-no-sound?hl=barrymulvihill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.