IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
AF2AD8F1-4F9B-4558-BEF0-AB846DD950DF (resized).jpeg
20220810_174539 (resized).jpg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
2021-05-08 13.19.53 (resized).jpg
2021-05-08 13.19.39 (resized).jpg
20220225_220515 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 7 years ago

Just joined the club

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

congrats man. did you get one in good shape?
and how do you like it?

It's in pretty good shape. Cleaned up nice, had to fix the snagger. A drop target, a green target was unplugged, replace every G I bulb. Ordered a Cliffy for the scoop. Playfield is nice, one side of the cabinet is faded. So far I only have a few games on it but I really am digging it. Love the dinosaur shaker usage. Seems like a fun game and my kids are digging it!

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Where did you order the cliffys from?

I just emailed him [email protected]

3 weeks later
#145 6 years ago

In test does the down position register? If not I would make sure the second opto is registering.

IMG_0574 (resized).PNGIMG_0574 (resized).PNG

IMG_0575 (resized).PNGIMG_0575 (resized).PNG

IMG_0576 (resized).PNGIMG_0576 (resized).PNG

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So....it does, but it is very quick. If someone with lwjp can verify how long their down opto registers while in test. I can adjust my down opto placement to see if that helps/fixes.
here is a video of it in test and how fast the down hits
» YouTube video

Go into motor test, not snagger test. Then click on down. See if down opto sw36 lights

#148 6 years ago

Nevermind, mine hits the same timeframe

#149 6 years ago

The magnet works that is in the snagger assembly in test? Not talking about the magnet on the playfield. Single coil test #7

#151 6 years ago

Yep have mine on and ready to help

#153 6 years ago

In the 3rd video yours is going up much quicker then mine. Mine stays down a bit longer and grabs the ball before raising. I would adjust the opto board as outlined in the manual and if that doesn't work adjust the micro switches it speaks about. The video shows all the components are working, Including that in test, the pickup magnet functions. I do wonder if possibly the snagger magnet pickup wire could have a break that loses contact when the snagger is lowered on the playfield though. Described here if you read this printed text.

IMG_0577 (resized).PNGIMG_0577 (resized).PNG

#156 6 years ago

Very possible. You can also continue to hold the start button in the snagger test mode to make pickup magnet hold the ball longer to verify that it is functioning. Sometimes the wire can have a break under the insulation that you can't visually see, but I doubt it is that.

#159 6 years ago

No in coil test#7 you can continue to hold the start button to keep the magnet active in that test. Is there battery acid on the CPU/sound board?

#160 6 years ago

something in programming is telling that snagger not to activate that magnet. Some fail safe. In switch test do you have any active switches giving false hits? I know during play if the ball activates some switch the snagger will retreat back to home position.

#164 6 years ago

Is your drop target switch working 100% in switch test?

#165 6 years ago

Do one more video of the snagger test starting from the upper magnet.

#170 6 years ago

I think your belt alignment is off, read the instructions in the manual on holding the snagger to adjust it one click.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Guess what.... lowered the snagger, took apart the top part to get to the coil
Continuity:
Violet/brown : good, even back to j8
Brown 20v : bad to first plug under pf. From 1st plug to J7 was good.
Looks like I'll have to pull some new wire/shrink tube.
Like you said, must be a break under the insulation and the 20v wire is a lower gauge, so thicker.

Awesome, get a new wire in there and get snagger grabbing!

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So nice to have another pair of eyes and brain to help, thanks! I OCD hate not having the right "color" for the wire(s) but I just need to get some correctly gauged wire and solder and stab into the connector and not worry about color....it will be covered in shrink wrap anyway hahah.

Any news?

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Parts came today
made the new harness, same length, used shrink tube and the new header. Had to double check the brown 20v wire seating in the connector as it was sorta "big gauge" for the plug. Tested continuity, all good.
Now.... putting new wires in, pita.
Tips:
Go into test, lower snagger. Power off
Unscrew the snagger, 4 small philips
Go into test, raise snagger to home. Power off
Now you have full access to the backside (solder) of the coil legs and wires.
Unsolder the two.
In this raised position the wire is a straight pull down.
Reinstall
I tinned the wire tips
Snaked a long zip tie down as the wires sit on the very far right, under screws.
Taped 1 wire at a time and snaked them up.
Resoldered the wires to the coil legs
Snagger test to lower onto the cover.
Aligned and screwed the cover on.
Do coil test.
Jump for joy
My snagger test worked! Snagger pick up coil/mag picks up when snagger is fully lowered.

Awesome! Love when things go right!

#182 6 years ago

Are you saying that the front it all the way out and the back all the way in?

#184 6 years ago

My fronts are all the way in while my backs are fairly far out.

3 weeks later
#186 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Just got my first DMD machine to go with the 6 EM's and 2 SS. Lost World is in the house and I am in the club!
Everything looks great and works except for the keep scoop which goes down until it is almost fully extended and then goes back up. Otherwise it's perfect.

Ipdb has a scan of the manual which explains you to adjust it. Congrats great game!

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I went in and adjusted the OPTO board as recommended in the manual and it worked great four or five times. Then it did not go down all the way two times and now it is a fifty-fifty split if it grabs the ball or not. Very strange.
This is my first DMD game; while looking at the snagger issue I noticed a couple of bulbs out and they are the old school type. Do LED bulbs work in this machine and is there a recommended brand/type?

Snagger is finicky and you probably need a a little more adjustment to get it perfect. Moving the OPTO board is just one way it lists. You can also hold it and have the belt jump a tooth as described in the manual.

I don't know if it is listed in the manual but I have also adjusted the gear itself by backing out the set screw, adjusted and then re-tightened it.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Interesting. When the snagger gets low enough it will grab the ball no problem, its just hit or miss if it gets there. The drop target seems to be fine. When I adjusted the OPTO it worked 100% for the first three or four times, maybe I did not tighten it enough...

Run it in the lost world test portion of the menu...far right choices in diagnostics. You can see if it is going all the way down that way.

1 year later
#275 5 years ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

I'm not seeing how this is a belt issue and maybe I'm not fully understanding the set-up.
I'm lay my snagger flat on the playfield as shown. Next, I loosen the set-screw on the arm connected to the motor and rotate it such that it is interrupting the "down" opto and tighten in place.
The snagger test will then raise my snagger and the drop target resets at about the time the "home" opto is interrupted. Then the snagger continues and tries to go back to the "down" position, but it runs into the drop target.
[quoted image]

Make sure the drop target is functioning correctly in test...it is linked to that snagger, the snagger should not try to go down when that target is up. Check the target switch also.

#276 5 years ago

These are awesome ty for sharing!

2 months later
#295 5 years ago

I’m in on timing chain

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Got you down for one of each, @ericc123.
That puts me at a point that I'm good placing the order by the end of the week. If anyone else is on the fence for any of these parts then please speak up by Thursday night! Here is who I have down for what before postage:
J-Freeze ($57): 1 Timing Chain, 1 Toothed Gear
Pinballlew ($30): 1 Timing Chain
twitami ($74): 1 Belt Pulley, 1 Timing Chain, 1 Toothed Gear
Darscot ($74): 1 Belt Pulley, 1 Timing Chain, 1 Toothed Gear
Ericc123 ($74): 1 Belt Pulley, 1 Timing Chain, 1 Toothed Gear

Can I also get a toothed gear? Thanks

3 weeks later
#315 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

So, never got a answer from anyone for sure one way or another: Will your game play correctly if you turn OFF the snagger? Mine (and others I have seen) does weird stuff like modes never ending or it keeps kicking out balls.

My game does strange things as well when snigger is off.

2 months later
#332 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

j-freeze pinballlew twitami darscot ericc123
I received the toothed gear and am ready to mail out to everyone. I'll be sending you a PM with the $ amount including $6 postage, which should be pretty close to actual postage. If it is significantly more or less when I take them to the post office I'll let you know and we can work it out. darscot - You had mentioned a local pickup in Seattle. I help put on the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show (http://www.nwpinballshow.com) and will be there all three days at the end of the month if you want to meet up to grab these.
[quoted image]

Big thank you for organizing this!

5 months later
#375 4 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi guys.
I am trying to help a friend with his JPLW. Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction regarding some snagger issues. I cannot enter snagger test in the diagnostic menu; when I press the coin door button to enter the test, it beeps but does not actually enter the test and stays at the coil test menu. The snagger doesn't work during gameplay, nor does the drop target. The target does not reset itself, but the reset coil works properly in coil test, as does the drop target switch. The snagger motor and gearbox do work (tested with another power supply) and the optos on the control board also register as they should. I have looked at a couple of snagger threads but they seem to relate to slightly different issues.
Anyone got any advice?

It’s probably the microswitch on the drop target.

7 months later
#422 3 years ago

Looks awesome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-world-jurassic-park-club?tu=pinballlew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.