8225C431-636B-4D68-9F7F-04A552BA29A5 (resized).jpeg
B0C2DFBA-4EEE-449F-AA48-94E31C23087D (resized).jpeg
AFDBDD5D-B4A9-466B-821A-EA4CA53B16C0 (resized).jpeg
4F0A01B5-FAE0-4E97-ADAD-56BCCE383C34 (resized).jpeg
4A31CDF7-026A-466C-84C6-A19290308DB6 (resized).jpeg
70B39DE1-8339-4A9A-A249-F86B76EA9C3A (resized).jpeg
20210818_132012 (resized).jpg
20210821_145433 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j-freeze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#138 6 years ago

New to the club too! Need to fix snagger, but other then that it's in excellent condition! Don't know why this game gets a bad rep, it's hard but really fun.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Ordered a Cliffy for the scoop.

Where did you order the cliffys from?

#142 6 years ago

Right on, thanks

2 months later
#197 6 years ago

My LWJP doesnt have a video mode or skill shot and i have no idea why, didn't see an option for it in the menus. it just awards 400,000 every time you launch a ball. any ideas?

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

What versions are your ROM's?

Display and cpu are .97

#204 6 years ago

At least that what it says on the chips, I'll have to pop it on when I get home and see what the display says..

#206 6 years ago

Sweet, thanks! I turned it on and they are both in fact .97 the sound chips are original as well so a complete set is on the way.

#209 6 years ago

Thanks, yup threw a chip puller in there as well. I've taken chips out before and figured I should probably have one off those.

2 weeks later
#212 6 years ago

Could anyone get me pictures of the anchor points for the egg?
Mine looks like its missing something...

20170725_232421 (resized).jpg20170725_232421 (resized).jpg

#214 6 years ago

Yup that'll work, thank you. Looks like I'm missing the spacers and the screws that go in to the posts. And that plastic behind it, I have it but I'm missing the spacer posts for that too.

#216 6 years ago

I do have the manual I'll give it a look through when I get home. You finally sold it!

#219 6 years ago

Got my new ROMs, now have skill shot and video mode!

4 months later
#225 6 years ago

Anybody LED their pin? I'm re-LEDing mine and I'd like to see some pics for inspiration, the front 3/4 of mine looks awesome so far IMO but I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with the cluster under the left ramp. (Right ramp blue will be gone too, probably going to use some comet matrix stuff there) all inserts are comet 2 SMD frosted. Hard to take a good pic with a phone... might do the rear rollovers in red too. I don't like my pins to be too color washed though.

20171209_000110 (resized).jpg20171209_000110 (resized).jpg

#226 6 years ago

Also, this is a tough game, post your factory setting high scores!
Mine is barely #1 at 24,313,740

#228 6 years ago

Thanks.
I just did purple passion under the clear pops but I didn't even think about changing the color! I guess I was just used to my JP with the yellow caps with logos on the top. I put ice blue in those and they look great, a cool green, might have to get a set for this one.

I put fire bulbs in my "Lost world" inserts.

Did you put cyan or ice blue in your "Site B""?
I like that they are different than the green "Lock" inserts.

Do you not have red covers on the lights by the J P in the back?

#229 6 years ago

The back corners look really nice with a sunlight or warm white under the dino and a blue (right) and green (left), the phone pics wash out the white a little.

I do like a little bit of color when it makes sense.

20171209_023131 (resized).jpg20171209_023131 (resized).jpg
20171209_023118 (resized).jpg20171209_023118 (resized).jpg

#231 6 years ago

I'll try to take a pic when I get home but it won't show vey well because the fire bulbs are an "active" bulb. Maybe I can get a quick video.

1 month later
#232 6 years ago

Color DMD!!!!!

#234 6 years ago

I can't wait to see it! This is one that I thought would be a loooong time before anyone did it, And having my JP next to it with color made me want it even more!
Thanks!

#236 6 years ago

Does the LCD not fit in the showcase backbox?

#238 6 years ago

8 months later
#271 5 years ago

Sounds more like the black belt is off a couple teeth.

3 months later
#294 5 years ago

I'd be in for a toothed gear a and timing chain.

2 months later
#325 4 years ago

Looks great!

3 weeks later
#330 4 years ago

Right on!

4 months later
#356 4 years ago

Is the snagger disabled in the menu?

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Anyone have a design for a special apron card ?
Or a file for the droptarget decal ?

I can post the apron card I made but there is some just posted here: post 393

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/8

#360 4 years ago

I also could use a drop target decal.

1 month later
#377 4 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi guys.
I am trying to help a friend with his JPLW. Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction regarding some snagger issues. I cannot enter snagger test in the diagnostic menu; when I press the coin door button to enter the test, it beeps but does not actually enter the test and stays at the coil test menu. The snagger doesn't work during gameplay, nor does the drop target. The target does not reset itself, but the reset coil works properly in coil test, as does the drop target switch. The snagger motor and gearbox do work (tested with another power supply) and the optos on the control board also register as they should. I have looked at a couple of snagger threads but they seem to relate to slightly different issues.
Anyone got any advice?

Is the snagger turned off in the menu?
If I remember right it won't test if its turned off.

6 months later
#410 3 years ago

Huh... mine are all translucent red
I have seen translucent dark green and light greenish/yellow too though.

#417 3 years ago

Mine are fluorescent green. That is the color called out in the manual. I'm guessing that color is hard to get so people change them.

Huh, my "add time" is red too.
Does anybody else have a raptor on top of the snagger truck or is it all rexs?

20200526_234842 (resized).jpg20200526_234842 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#431 3 years ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

I'm looking for a cabinet Artwork. PDF would be plain awesome. Shop link is also welcome

I wish someone would make some new cab artwork based on this:

jurassicparkthelostworld_banner1 (resized).jpgjurassicparkthelostworld_banner1 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#449 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I am trying to finish up my JPLW. I am hoping for a little help. Does somebody have a picture of the wiring of the starter button? Also can somebody help me out on where these loose wires go for the snagger if they are for that? Is there a loose wire at the bottom for a knocker?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

20210327_160051 (resized).jpg20210327_160051 (resized).jpg20210327_160104 (resized).jpg20210327_160104 (resized).jpg
#450 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I am trying to finish up my JPLW. I am hoping for a little help. Does somebody have a picture of the wiring of the starter button? Also can somebody help me out on where these loose wires go for the snagger if they are for that? Is there a loose wire at the bottom for a knocker?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I need someone else's pic of the start button as well.
Mine works wired like this but does not light up, hope its enough to get you started.
Weird that my purple/yellow and brown/blue are tied up the same as yours.

20210327_160358 (resized).jpg20210327_160358 (resized).jpg20210327_160408 (resized).jpg20210327_160408 (resized).jpg
#453 2 years ago

Mine is wired almost completely different. Light I believe is wired to the side.
Wires on the cabinet bottom are for foreign currency.
[quoted image]

We are (or at least I am) talking about the "start" button not the "ball launch" button but at least now there are pictures of both.
Can you grab a pic of the other button when you get a chance?
Thanks for clarifying the cab wires, that makes sense now.

3 weeks later
#466 2 years ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Hey everyone, I've been looking through this thread seeing if I can find any info on a problem I'm having. Basically the drop target and snagger both seem to be working, but the drop target won't pop back up after its been knocked down in game. I found that the diode was broken off the drop target down switch, I fixed that, and confirmed that it's working in sw test, also the reset and drop coils work in test, but in game it will never raise the drop target.
After I left location it occurred to me that maybe the snagger isn't making the home switch and that might cause the drop target not to raise, but it does "snag" the ball and drop it if you can get the locks lit in game. Also thought it might be a goofy software issue so I did a factory reset as well, but that didn't seem to help. Has anyone had an issue like this?

The switch that is activated when the drop target is down is probably bad, thats exactly what happened on mine. It was something wrong internally as the switch still clicked and would sometimes register but was super flakey.
If I remember correctly there are 2 switches that apply to that part number, one with a forward mounted arm and one with a rear mount.
Unfortunately I don't remember which one it is so you will probably have to pull that one out to see.
I ordered both so I will try to find the one that was wrong when I get home.

9 months later
#498 2 years ago

I bought the whole decal set just for that one.

Raptor18(1).pdfRaptor18(1).pdf
#499 2 years ago

There's a dinosaur in our backyard, I finally did it!

I San Diego'd!!!

20220225_220515 (resized).jpg20220225_220515 (resized).jpg
#503 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

With a ColorDMD, I hope you had a chance to glance up, it was fun to color those scenes. I have to admit I often wondered if anyone would actually see them. I know I never got there legit, just glass off to capture them.

I did consciously try to take a few peeks at the dmd while it was going on.
Now that I've done it I can do it with the glass off just to watch the dmd.
Great work on the coloring!

5 months later
#514 1 year ago
Quoted from Socashi:

New owner of a RE import lost world machine. The cabs in rough shape but the playfield looking solid aside from a few wear spots. Hoping to sand down repaint and find some decent graphics for the sides. I was wondering if anyone knows much about the magnet hold in the back playfield and if replacements can be found and if its supposed to be flush with the playfield or stick up. I have a picture of mine which looks pretty worn down.
[quoted image]

It should be flush.
Replacements can be bought, pinball life, and marcos should have them.
You'll have to be careful removing that one, it can be tough to get out when its mushroomed like that.

4 months later
#521 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

My timing belt in the snagger broke today. The black thin one in the front of snagger. Not the wide one that goes under the playfield. Wondering if anyone has replaced this before and has any pics, tips or other advice on the simplest way to replace the belt. The part is only 8 bucks at Marco so that's good.
Wondering if I should replace them both while I'm at it. But I'm a strong believer in if it ain't broke don't fix it!
Thanks!

I would order the other one with it just to have a spare on hand but if its working I wouldn't mess with it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j-freeze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-world-jurassic-park-club?tu=j-freeze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.