IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
AF2AD8F1-4F9B-4558-BEF0-AB846DD950DF (resized).jpeg
20220810_174539 (resized).jpg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
2021-05-08 13.19.53 (resized).jpg
2021-05-08 13.19.39 (resized).jpg
20220225_220515 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beechwood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#490 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Just joined the club. At lease temporarily. I enjoy the game and may decide to keep it. I have a JP Prem on order that should arrive in April or May. Would be neat to have the two of them side by side.
Anyway, introductions out of the way, now for my question. One of the flashers is out along the left rail under one of the domes. When I went to remove the dome I realized that they are attached with a screw and a nut under the ramp. This has to be one the silliest design mistakes in pinball unless there is some trick that I don't know. This is the first non B/W machine I've ever had. Do I really have the remove the entire ramp plastic to remove the dome? Am I missing something?
Thanks!

I just got my JPLW Yesterday!

There is some room to get under them with your fingers, albeit tight. Otherwise, tilt up the playfield and you can get to the one closet to the front of the machine. You need to pull the playfield out a foot to get to the back one. Easy to do if you have an extra set of hands. Put a blanket or pillows on the front of the cabinet, lift back of playfield out of the hinge, gently place playfield on blanket/pillow. Pull out far enough to service bulb.

2 weeks later
#493 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Just noticed something odd. When I first got this game it would go through the Match at the end of the game. Awesome Match because of the shaker motor integration. While playing the other day I noticed that the Match no longer happens. I went through the menus as best as I could but I wasn't able to find a setting to turn it off or on and I certainly have no recollection of turning it off. Is there a setting and if so can someone point it out?
Thanks!

In adjustments from menu, #11 match percentage. Make sure it is not set to "off". Can be set from 0-10%. Even if it is set to 0%, it will display the sequence, just not award credits.

Good luck!

#495 2 years ago

I have been in the club about a month. Here are my thoughts.

It has good shots. Ramps are very smooth and cool. Orbit is good, two spinners. Toys are cool. Love Jeff Goldbloom call outs. Game is FAST. Mine has a pristine playfield and the ball just rockets! Fun Game!

Only problem (for me): it is just too fricken hard! After a month, I have only completed ONE level out of five on any one game. Holy crap this game pisses me off.

But it's fun. Best Sega I have owned so far, with ID4 in a close second. Definitely underrated for sure.

2 weeks later
#500 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

There's a dinosaur in our backyard, I finally did it!
I San Diego'd!!!
[quoted image]

I have only one question... HOW!?!?!?!

This game is hard as hell!!

p.s. congrats

10 months later
#530 1 year ago

I've owned this pin almost a year now. The play field is pristine, all mechs work 100%, and all the coils look like new. Snappy flippers, etc.

These are my thoughts.

Shots:. This game has nice geometry. Left orbit flows great, inner left orbit is attainable and satisfying. Left ramp is easy to hit, right ramp is a little more challenging but not that bad. Baby T-Rex scoop is accessable from both flippers. Right orbit is pretty tight and one of the hardest of the main shots. So there are 6 main shots. They all work well together and ramps are smooth and enjoyable.

Rules/code:. I never realized just how much bad rules and code could deflate the fun factor of a pin until I played this. It basically makes you hit harder and harder shots in each mode to progress, and it's extremely difficult to do so. To the extent that I have never beat more than 2 of the six modes necessary to get to the wizard mode San Diego. And what kills it all for me is the scoring. It's so unbalanced and frustrating. Jackpots should be called jacksquat, because that is what you get.

Sound:. Awful. Just abrasive. There are some great call outs and the music is ok, but the amount of compression reminds me of AM radio. I actually play with the sound off now and enjoy the pin more.

Toys:. The snagger is cool for about the first 2 times. The egg is fun, everyone seems to enjoy it. Two spinners are nice but the sfx are forgettable and they don't spin as long as I hoped. The shaker motor is great. Sounds and feels like the scenes from the movie of the T Rex foot steps. So many newer games over use them and shake the game too much. This is well done. The magnet in the orbit makes things interesting. The magnet for the snagger, when that activates grab a beer and take a drink. You have time.

Art: translight is cool, cabinet art is decent at best, play field is a mix of not bad and just not good.

Lighting. It's good. Nothing spectacular but I've seen worse.

Fun factor. It's a fun pin to play with guests, for a short period. If you are hard core and want to beat the game good luck. It gets old trying to chop wood and achieve what is needed to progress.

I wish we could get new code and sound. The groundwork is there for a really good pin, shots are great just not rewarded well in the code . Flippers and mechs are snappy and on par with any new Stern made today.

After all this talk, I feel I need a game or two and make sure I still want to keep her.

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Great write up and I agree with you 100%. I have had this game for about a year but it's leaving today. I really wanted to enjoy and keep this game next to my JP3 but it just doesn't cut it and I have a buyer so off it goes. I'll be leaving the club today. Thanks to Stebel for the Snagger repair help.
I will miss all the Jeff Goldblum callouts, especially "Balls everywhere". Classic!

Honestly, this pin is a perfect candidate for a retheme. New sound and code could utilize the great layout and make a really huge difference. I hesitate only because mine is in such great shape.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beechwood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-world-jurassic-park-club?tu=beechwood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.