IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
AF2AD8F1-4F9B-4558-BEF0-AB846DD950DF (resized).jpeg
20220810_174539 (resized).jpg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
2021-05-08 13.19.53 (resized).jpg
2021-05-08 13.19.39 (resized).jpg
20220225_220515 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#223 6 years ago

Hey guys just joined the club, really enjoying this machine. Anyone have a list of the rubber sizes, thinking about doing green Titans anyone done color on this pin?

3 weeks later
#227 6 years ago

I did mine but mainly stuck with warm white. I did light the trough, added spotlights and lit the pops. I swapped the clear domes with green but you can't see it that well in the pics. I have orange domes I cant decide which I like more. The spotlights do help a lot with the area by the two T-Rexs.

IMG_4993.JPGIMG_4993.JPG
IMG_4996.JPGIMG_4996.JPG

#230 6 years ago

I replaced the red covers at the back with green. I also replaced the black post with orange. Here is a better pic of the green dome but I'm still considering going with orange. My Site B inserts are blue, you know how funny LEDs can be in pictures. They mode and individual letters are all the same as the mode in real life. I not sure about the purple in my Lost World can you show a picture of yours? I also put green LEDs in the flashers at the top. Oh and my pop cops are still clear just green LED rings in them.

IMG_5013.JPGIMG_5013.JPG
IMG_5014.JPGIMG_5014.JPG
IMG_5041.JPGIMG_5041.JPG

1 month later
#233 6 years ago

It was my first color and super fun, I hope you guys like it and I would love to hear what you think.

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I can't wait to see it! This is one that I thought would be a loooong time before anyone did it, And having my JP next to it with color made me want it even more!
Thanks!

The reason I colored it was because I have both and wanted it to look as good as JP. I didn't follow JP or color it trying to make them match. They do have some similar scenes that do look a little different. I just colored it on its own.

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Does the LCD not fit in the showcase backbox?

I didn't try it but just looking at how it mounts I doubt you could get it in. If you really worked at it and where willing to mod the head you might get it in.

2 months later
#241 6 years ago

Can you do three color or just two? I would be in for a set of two like this but with holes. Two color would work with red and white or yellow.
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

8 months later
#281 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Hello all LWJP fans and owners. I have one coming soon that is going to require a lot of work and am hoping someone here can help me out. This machine is missing the front half of the baby T-rex egg and I would like to recreate it. Does anyone have one that they could loan me so that I can make a mold and cast a new one? I would also make extras for anyone else that needs it. I know this is a rare part and I would take great care with it. Is there anyone here that I could borrow one from?
The snagger on this one is completely dismounted so the next project will to rebuild that.

Mine has a couple of cracks, should still be good to make a mold. I also have an almost complete set of decals that I didn't use, I only used the snagger decals out of the set. If you need to make decals or just want them we can figure something out.

2 months later
#298 5 years ago

Yeah I'll take all three, better to be safe.

#300 5 years ago

I'll take one of each.

2 weeks later
#310 5 years ago

I'll wait for everything at once, might even pick up if your cool with that.

3 months later
#340 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I just got a machine that didn't have an Egg. So I had one printed... looks better than no egg!Had one printed in a white (kinda Cream colured) and one in a marble colour.[quoted image][quoted image]

Any chance you these might be for sale, for the right price I think I would rather put a printed egg on for daily use and avoid breaking the original.

2 months later
#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Anyone have a design for a special apron card ?
Or a file for the droptarget decal ?

Did you flame polish your ramps, they look amazing in the latest picture. I've been wanting to do mine but have been hesitant. I recently applied the drop target decal from a NOS set. I might be able to scan it, with it still on the target.

3 months later
#382 4 years ago

Seasons Greetings and Merry Holidays, LWJP fans. I'm continuing to work through my container project pin and am looking for a few decals - one for the left ramp (curled while flame polishing) and the two on the drop target. Does anyone have these left from a full set that I could grab? BTW, the replacement egg project is not dead and I hope to get to it the first part of next year.
[quoted image]

I have a NOS set of decals, I have used the drop target and all the snagger decals everything else is there. I’ve been meaning to pull the drop target and scan it just haven’t had time.

#383 4 years ago

I don't have a very good scanner but hopefully you can photoshop these and print something that works.
Front1 (resized).jpgFront1 (resized).jpgFront2 (resized).jpgFront2 (resized).jpgTop1 (resized).jpgTop1 (resized).jpgTop2 (resized).jpgTop2 (resized).jpgTop3 (resized).jpgTop3 (resized).jpg

#387 4 years ago

The drop target that came with my machine was like that, I ordered a new one and it was the same.

1 month later
#391 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I May have the chance to pick one of these up soon for a fair price, but I’m curious to hear from those who own it, if it’s a pin that casual players and kids enjoy? Or is it a bit too hard and low scoring to keep them entertained?

It can be hard for sure but in the home environment does hard really matter you just keep pushing start. As to scoring don’t expect billions or even hundreds of millions but again it’s all relative 15 million would be a great game. The Snagger is pretty neat I think it would keep the kids entertained. It is a bargain priced DMD for a reason though. It has a decent number of modes and they are easy to get started and easy to understand but hard to complete.

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Not to clog the thread up with another question, but how hard is multiball to achieve / how often does it come around? My 7 year old son isn't too worried about modes, but does enjoy a pin more if he can achieve multiball every few games or so. As far as the theme and playfield "toys", he really likes the look of it.

The two ball Mobile Labs is pretty easy as long as you understand how to move the lane lights with the flippers. Light all four lanes then one lane will flash trigger than for Mobile Labs.

The main multiball is pretty easy as well, because it has a similar mechanic to Jurassic Park. The first time you shoot the egg you get a smart missile. By the third ball your going to be close so to multiball and you can just hit the smart missile and it will award it.

As long as you not just flailing on the flippers and have a basic understanding you should be getting a multiball most games.

3 months later
#403 3 years ago

Hey all. My The Lost World Jurassic Park is getting close to being done. Playfield magnets are grabbing and holding balls after upping the fuses to 4A SB and the Snagger is snagging them. The last issue is the drop target infront of the snagger - it tends to rapid fire a few or several times when resetting to the up position. It seems like the coil is too powerful. I'll try some adjustment of the microswitch in the mech that registers the target up or down. Anyone else had to address this issue and have some advise?
I also have the parts kit to add the second channel of audio - should I be looking forward to good stereo sound?

I heard the audio is all Mono anyway, I just added the second speaker to mine so at least you hear it from both sides. Just didn't figure the extra effort and risk was worth it for the board work. I had to have the second speaker and a sub though. I would love a grill with the JP logo on the right side I didn't want to mess up the original cover though. Anyone make one?

1 week later
#405 3 years ago

Not that I've seen. I'd be ok without the insert with a speaker instead.
So, THIS GAME IS HARD! Particularly due to these modular stand up targets. They fire the ball right back at the flippers with absolutely no loss of speed. This is so different than any other game I have owned. So different and unenjoyable that I'm considering replacing them with standard targets that have the foam rebound damper. Plus, they are expensive to replace! Thoughts anyone?

I just used a standard black mesh on the right side it looks fine that way. It would be nice to still have the logo though, I wonder if there is a way to print it on to the mesh or some type of sticker. Changing to standard targets would be an improvement for sure, I guess it wouldn't be that bad its just the two banks of three and the five for Site B. I think I'll look around and see what's available that might work.

#408 3 years ago

My Site B targets are all clear I assumed they were stock, is green the stock color? The inserts are blue and I did the Color DMD with blue for the mode. I'll probably just buy blue 1/2 x 1" targets are the rear or front mount?

1 year later
#502 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

There's a dinosaur in our backyard, I finally did it!
I San Diego'd!!!
[quoted image]

With a ColorDMD, I hope you had a chance to glance up, it was fun to color those scenes. I have to admit I often wondered if anyone would actually see them. I know I never got there legit, just glass off to capture them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 27.95
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-world-jurassic-park-club?tu=Darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.