Topic Stats

• 418 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Gogojohnnyquack
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 113 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8354 (resized).jpg
IMG_8353 (resized).jpg
20200526_234842 (resized).jpg
AE4AEC2A-4FB8-4768-A561-E158DF2845E9 (resized).JPG
107ef9e260de1704428846861df0e9ec15bd00ca (resized).jpg
IMG_20200422_152323 (resized).jpg
LWJP Egg 1 (resized).jpg
B4CE2391-463E-4112-B66B-41AF2046A4C4 (resized).jpeg
FB5FBB33-B816-4345-931C-79AD7D5384D2 (resized).jpeg
Top3 (resized).jpg
Top2 (resized).jpg
Front2 (resized).jpg
Front1 (resized).jpg
Top1 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 8.07.17 AM (resized).png
IMG_7881 (resized).JPG

There are 418 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 38 days ago

For those of you needing parts, I am listing some items on ebay -

NOS ramp for sale here:

ebay.com link

Thanks

IMG_20200422_152323 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#402 22 days ago

Hey all. My The Lost World Jurassic Park is getting close to being done. Playfield magnets are grabbing and holding balls after upping the fuses to 4A SB and the Snagger is snagging them. The last issue is the drop target infront of the snagger - it tends to rapid fire a few or several times when resetting to the up position. It seems like the coil is too powerful. I'll try some adjustment of the microswitch in the mech that registers the target up or down. Anyone else had to address this issue and have some advise?

I also have the parts kit to add the second channel of audio - should I be looking forward to good stereo sound?

#403 21 days ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Hey all. My The Lost World Jurassic Park is getting close to being done. Playfield magnets are grabbing and holding balls after upping the fuses to 4A SB and the Snagger is snagging them. The last issue is the drop target infront of the snagger - it tends to rapid fire a few or several times when resetting to the up position. It seems like the coil is too powerful. I'll try some adjustment of the microswitch in the mech that registers the target up or down. Anyone else had to address this issue and have some advise?
I also have the parts kit to add the second channel of audio - should I be looking forward to good stereo sound?

I heard the audio is all Mono anyway, I just added the second speaker to mine so at least you hear it from both sides. Just didn't figure the extra effort and risk was worth it for the board work. I had to have the second speaker and a sub though. I would love a grill with the JP logo on the right side I didn't want to mess up the original cover though. Anyone make one?

1 week later
#404 12 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I would love a grill with the JP logo on the right side I didn't want to mess up the original cover though. Anyone make one?

Not that I've seen. I'd be ok without the insert with a speaker instead.

So, THIS GAME IS HARD! Particularly due to these modular stand up targets. They fire the ball right back at the flippers with absolutely no loss of speed. This is so different than any other game I have owned. So different and unenjoyable that I'm considering replacing them with standard targets that have the foam rebound damper. Plus, they are expensive to replace! Thoughts anyone?

#405 12 days ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Not that I've seen. I'd be ok without the insert with a speaker instead.
So, THIS GAME IS HARD! Particularly due to these modular stand up targets. They fire the ball right back at the flippers with absolutely no loss of speed. This is so different than any other game I have owned. So different and unenjoyable that I'm considering replacing them with standard targets that have the foam rebound damper. Plus, they are expensive to replace! Thoughts anyone?

I just used a standard black mesh on the right side it looks fine that way. It would be nice to still have the logo though, I wonder if there is a way to print it on to the mesh or some type of sticker. Changing to standard targets would be an improvement for sure, I guess it wouldn't be that bad its just the two banks of three and the five for Site B. I think I'll look around and see what's available that might work.

#406 12 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

the two banks of three and the five for Site B

The red Raptor targets don't bother me since they are an an oblique angle and don't fire back at the flippers, though the 'clack' sound they make when hit sounds cheap. It's the green Site B targets that draw my ire. They aren't too difficult to find unless you want to retain their translucent look instead of solid green. zitt has green translucent target replacements at pinballmods.com but not in the 1/2" x 1" oblong shape. I have a PM to him asking about it...

#407 12 days ago

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/replacement-parts-oblong-target-blade-p-57.html

If you look at the Color drop down - you'll see that clear green is available.

#408 12 days ago

My Site B targets are all clear I assumed they were stock, is green the stock color? The inserts are blue and I did the Color DMD with blue for the mode. I'll probably just buy blue 1/2 x 1" targets are the rear or front mount?

#409 12 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My Site B targets are all clear I assumed they were stock, is green the stock color? The inserts are blue and I did the Color DMD with blue for the mode. I'll probably just buy blue 1/2 x 1" targets are the rear or front mount?

Interesting. Pics on the internet show and mine came with all green. The pop caps are clear. The mounting screws are on the target-side of the switches so i believe that is front mount.

My metalwork is not great looking and after seeing Cary Hardy's latest episode I'm considering having it power coated. Any input on color choice? I'm thinking a dark orange or hammer-tone dark green.

Quoted from Darscot:

It would be nice to still have the logo though, I wonder if there is a way to print it on to the mesh or some type of sticker.

I'm planning on having this apron card with the logo, from the thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/8#post-5208525

107ef9e260de1704428846861df0e9ec15bd00ca (resized).jpg

#410 12 days ago

Huh... mine are all translucent red
I have seen translucent dark green and light greenish/yellow too though.

#411 11 days ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Huh... mine are all translucent red
I have seen translucent dark green and light greenish/yellow too though.

Mine are fluorescent green. That is the color called out in the manual. I'm guessing that color is hard to get so people change them.

#412 10 days ago

Does anybody have a pic of how the display mounts?

#413 9 days ago

Long shot but does anybody have the back half of an egg?

#414 9 days ago
Quoted from Don44:

Long shot but does anybody have the back half of an egg?

I'm working on reproductions of both halves of the egg. It's been slow going with other projects happening but i'm getting there.

#415 9 days ago

An egg set was just listed on eBay with a starting bid of $199(!!!).

#416 9 days ago

My machine was performing a ball search occasionally after locking a ball with the Snagger and not popping it out of the egg. I've spend a lot of time getting the Egg trough switch positioned, shaped, and working properly so thought that the ball wasn't pressing it in to trigger the egg kick out. I would raise the playfield then the ball would come out. Yesterday I noticed that I was only getting a 3-ball multiball, then after my last ball the launcher would shoot out 3 balls. Hmm, where is the 4th ball? Apparently the game was making do with 3 but then trying to find the 4th between games. Very interesting! I took a closer look around the playfield and found the 4th ball nestled inside the Humvee against the back of the Snagger. Turns out the ball never dropped through the playfield into the subway. So I lowered the Snagger, pulled the Humvee, and replaced the two rear-most Snagger bracket screws with posts and rings. See pics. Has anyone else encountered this or does your machine already have some sort of ball block installed here?

Oh no! The Snagger's got my ball!

#417 6 days ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

Mine are fluorescent green. That is the color called out in the manual. I'm guessing that color is hard to get so people change them.

Huh, my "add time" is red too.
Does anybody else have a raptor on top of the snagger truck or is it all rexs?

20200526_234842 (resized).jpg
#418 6 days ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Does anybody else have a raptor on top of the snagger truck or is it all rexs?

I've got a Patchi.

IMG_8353 (resized).jpg

And a purple Add Time.

IMG_8354 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Top-Notch Target Shields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
Boards
PinSound
$ 209.99
There are 418 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside