IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
AF2AD8F1-4F9B-4558-BEF0-AB846DD950DF (resized).jpeg
20220810_174539 (resized).jpg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
2021-05-08 13.19.53 (resized).jpg
2021-05-08 13.19.39 (resized).jpg
20220225_220515 (resized).jpg
There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'll take one of each.

Got you down for one of each, Darscot .

#302 5 years ago

I will take one of each as well. Better safe than sorry.

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I will take one of each as well. Better safe than sorry.

Got you down for one of each, @ericc123.

That puts me at a point that I'm good placing the order by the end of the week. If anyone else is on the fence for any of these parts then please speak up by Thursday night! Here is who I have down for what before postage:

J-Freeze ($57): 1 Timing Chain, 1 Toothed Gear
Pinballlew ($57): 1 Timing Chain, 1 Toothed Gear
twitami ($74): 1 Belt Pulley, 1 Timing Chain, 1 Toothed Gear
Darscot ($74): 1 Belt Pulley, 1 Timing Chain, 1 Toothed Gear
Ericc123 ($74): 1 Belt Pulley, 1 Timing Chain, 1 Toothed Gear

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Any update? Did you receive the egg you needed?

I'm getting closer to trying this egg recreation. I was able to find a new egg set from the one run that Stern did several years ago and will be using it for the mold. The front half will be first, and if that goes well then I'll give the back half a go. Pictures of the original egg look to be made of fiberglass and are fairly thick but the layers have cracked and splintered from repeated beatings. The repros that I bought are pretty thin and seemingly brittle plastic that I can't imagine lasting very long. I will be making them thicker from the inside to preserve the dino egg texture on the outside and am using a resin that claims to "really take a beating and offer exceptional abrasion resistance", so that should be good! The egg will be opaque white, which is the color of the Stern repros and the color that I assume they originally were. The project is moving...

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Got you down for one of each, @ericc123.
That puts me at a point that I'm good placing the order by the end of the week. If anyone else is on the fence for any of these parts then please speak up by Thursday night! Here is who I have down for what before postage:
J-Freeze ($57): 1 Timing Chain, 1 Toothed Gear
Pinballlew ($30): 1 Timing Chain
twitami ($74): 1 Belt Pulley, 1 Timing Chain, 1 Toothed Gear
Darscot ($74): 1 Belt Pulley, 1 Timing Chain, 1 Toothed Gear
Ericc123 ($74): 1 Belt Pulley, 1 Timing Chain, 1 Toothed Gear

Can I also get a toothed gear? Thanks

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Can I also get a toothed gear? Thanks

Sure thing, @pinballlew.

#307 5 years ago

I placed the order for the parts today but have received no confirmation yet. I'll update everyone when I have it. Have a great weekend!

1 week later
#308 5 years ago

I placed the order for the parts today but have received no confirmation yet. I'll update everyone when I have it. Have a great weekend!

The parts have been ordered, confirmation has been received, and the belt pulleys have already shipped. For those who are getting the belt pulley - Do you want me to send them to you immediately after I receive them or wait until I have everything to send at once? The remaining parts are scheduled to be complete and shipping to me around the end of March. Pinsiders who ordered the belt pulley are:

twitami : 1 Belt Pulley
Darscot : 1 Belt Pulley
Ericc123 : 1 Belt Pulley

Let me know if you want the belt pulley now or later. If you want it now there would be the extra postage.

Work on the egg repro is progressing slowly. I have what I need and I've decided on what method to use. Now to actually try...

#309 5 years ago

I would prefer to wait for everything at once if that's ok.

#310 5 years ago

I'll wait for everything at once, might even pick up if your cool with that.

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I would prefer to wait for everything at once if that's ok.

That's cool.

Quoted from Darscot:

I'll wait for everything at once, might even pick up if your cool with that.

Sounds like a plan. We can play some pinball.

#312 5 years ago

I iwll wait for all at once as well

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

I iwll wait for all at once as well

Noted.

#314 5 years ago

So, never got a answer from anyone for sure one way or another: Will your game play correctly if you turn OFF the snagger? Mine (and others I have seen) does weird stuff like modes never ending or it keeps kicking out balls.

#315 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

So, never got a answer from anyone for sure one way or another: Will your game play correctly if you turn OFF the snagger? Mine (and others I have seen) does weird stuff like modes never ending or it keeps kicking out balls.

My game does strange things as well when snigger is off.

#316 5 years ago

The belt pulleys have arrived.

twitami , Darscot , Ericc123

LWJP belt pulley (resized).JPGLWJP belt pulley (resized).JPG

#317 5 years ago

Great, waiting on anymore parts?

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Great, waiting on anymore parts?

Yes, these were in stock but they had to fabricate the other two which should be competed around the end of March.

#319 5 years ago

Looks good. Thank you again for doing this.

1 week later
#320 5 years ago

The Timing Chains have arrived. J-Freeze Pinballlew twitami Darscot Ericc123

Interestingly they are blue, which is pretty cool, reminds me of dinosaur colors:

545-5820-02, Timing Chain, $30545-5820-02, Timing Chain, $30

#321 5 years ago

If that means its all in let me nmow my total

#322 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

If that means its all in let me nmow my total

Hey twitami , I still need the toothed gear and then can complete everyone's order. I hope to have an updated ETA for it this week.

1 week later
#323 5 years ago

J-Freeze Pinballlew twitami Darscot Ericc123

I should have the toothed gear the week of April 17 and will then be ready to ship out to everyone.

1 week later
#324 5 years ago

Very happy to join the club! Picked up a lost world for a great price, and I have to say I am really enjoying it! Put some led strips in (trough, scoop, shooter lane, and backboard) and in my opinion, they look amazing. I would also highly recommend the led pop bumper rings from comet. The way they fade in and out with an LED OCD board is amazing. For some reason, the drop target can’t drop itself, so I have the snagger disabled. I suspect it is the coil.

DAFFA5D2-653F-4AF9-BBBB-85B5E7444336.jpegDAFFA5D2-653F-4AF9-BBBB-85B5E7444336.jpegD59E8DCF-B59C-4E1E-9C7D-FA9345A85CED.jpegD59E8DCF-B59C-4E1E-9C7D-FA9345A85CED.jpeg8D14E487-D25D-4971-8C09-73C4F6453875.jpeg8D14E487-D25D-4971-8C09-73C4F6453875.jpegDB683B63-85B1-48BE-8323-3AB35FD9086C.jpegDB683B63-85B1-48BE-8323-3AB35FD9086C.jpegB48DE5F5-FC09-401A-B228-4A42420D21A6.jpegB48DE5F5-FC09-401A-B228-4A42420D21A6.jpeg
#325 5 years ago

Looks great!

#326 5 years ago

Thanks!

Anyone know where I could get a decal for the drop target?

#327 5 years ago

I like those Pop Bumper lights. My X-Files has some green ones in it. I need to put some in my Lost World too.

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

I like those Pop Bumper lights. My X-Files has some green ones in it. I need to put some in my Lost World too.

Would you mind posting a picture of that? I actually just picked up an X files today, and am wondering what color I should put in.

3 weeks later
#329 4 years ago

I received the toothed gear and am ready to mail out to everyone. I'll be sending you a PM with the $ amount including $6 postage, which should be pretty close to actual postage. If it is significantly more or less when I take them to the post office I'll let you know and we can work it out. Darscot - You had mentioned a local pickup in Seattle. I help put on the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show (http://www.nwpinballshow.com) and will be there all three days at the end of the month if you want to meet up to grab these.

LWJP parts kern (resized).JPGLWJP parts kern (resized).JPG

#330 4 years ago

Right on!

#331 4 years ago

Money sent. You da man!

#332 4 years ago

j-freeze pinballlew twitami darscot ericc123
I received the toothed gear and am ready to mail out to everyone. I'll be sending you a PM with the $ amount including $6 postage, which should be pretty close to actual postage. If it is significantly more or less when I take them to the post office I'll let you know and we can work it out. darscot - You had mentioned a local pickup in Seattle. I help put on the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show (http://www.nwpinballshow.com) and will be there all three days at the end of the month if you want to meet up to grab these.
[quoted image]

Big thank you for organizing this!

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Money sent. You da man!

Quoted from Pinballlew:

Big thank you for organizing this!

Thanks and you're welcome, guys. I am happy to be able to contribute to keeping our machines going.

Hey Ericc123 , would you please PM me your address? It wasn't in the PayPal info.

#334 4 years ago

I got all the parts mailed out today. $6 was about right for the average on it all so I'm good if you're good. Now let's get some pics of your snagger rebuilds. I really like the way that the new toothed belt matches the color scheme of the snagger stickers over the original red one. Does anyone have a lead on the snagger stickers without getting the whole set? Mine are pretty jacked. Here's my rebuilt snagger:

IMG_6187 (resized).jpgIMG_6187 (resized).jpg

IMG_6188 (resized).jpgIMG_6188 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#335 4 years ago

Anyone have custom apron cards for this game? Cant seem to turn any up in the usual places.

#336 4 years ago

These are what I made. Just in Excel file, so not great, but better than original. I just print them on photo paper at staples.

Lost World.pdfLost World.pdf
#337 4 years ago

I just got a machine that didn't have an Egg. So I had one printed... looks better than no egg!Had one printed in a white (kinda Cream colured) and one in a marble colour.

IMG_3532 (resized).JPGIMG_3532 (resized).JPGIMG_3534 (resized).JPGIMG_3534 (resized).JPG
#338 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

These are what I made. Just in Excel file, so not great, but better than original. I just print them on photo paper at staples.[quoted image]

Those are nice! I like them.

#339 4 years ago

I just got a machine that didn't have an Egg. So I had one printed... looks better than no egg!Had one printed in a white (kinda Cream colured) and one in a marble colour.[quoted image][quoted image]

did you scan it yourself? that is awesome!

#340 4 years ago

I just got a machine that didn't have an Egg. So I had one printed... looks better than no egg!Had one printed in a white (kinda Cream colured) and one in a marble colour.[quoted image][quoted image]

Any chance you these might be for sale, for the right price I think I would rather put a printed egg on for daily use and avoid breaking the original.

#341 4 years ago

Umm yah I am sure more could be printed. I can attach some more pics to the and show the colors i had printed.
Ya i also agree, it is so much stronger than that flimsy original... after handling an original i am surprised any of them are even left!

#342 4 years ago

I've run into an odd issue with the 2 playfield magnets. They worked fine and now suddenly they blow the 3Asb fuse on the power driver board. I can get about 1 game before it pops. The individual magnets have their own fuses w diode under the playfield. They remain fine. This game doesnt use a magnet board so I'm a bit puzzled as to what I need to look at. No work has been done since they were perfectly working and now. Diode bad?? Transistor starting to go bad?

Added over 5 years ago:

This actually cleared up on it's own. No clue why or how.

2 weeks later
#343 4 years ago

In case anyone needs the timing belt for the snagger. Pinball Life has them back in stock. Not cheap, but if you need it, you need it.
https://www.pinballlife.com/jurassic-park-lost-world-snagger-timing-chain.html

Added over 5 years ago:

Main drive belt actually. Marco has the timing belt

1 month later
#344 4 years ago

Any one know where I can get a left ramp. I see the right ramps all the time but no left! I’m going to attempt to flam mine and want to be able to obtain a backup juuuussssttttt in case!!!!

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Any one know where I can get a left ramp. I see the right ramps all the time but no left! I’m going to attempt to flam mine and want to be able to obtain a backup juuuussssttttt in case!!!!

I will have one available if you screw yours up. It has damage at the entrance though.

#346 4 years ago

I’m finally starting to put mine back together. 092DCD1B-4C20-4B9E-8C21-832EFE920980 (resized).jpeg092DCD1B-4C20-4B9E-8C21-832EFE920980 (resized).jpeg

And I can’t believe that no one has posted a picture of this Easter egg under the apron...D06398E1-2D3D-48BB-B1E8-F2F2219537FD (resized).jpegD06398E1-2D3D-48BB-B1E8-F2F2219537FD (resized).jpeg

#347 4 years ago

I'm certain this will sound silly but I have an issue with hardware. Someone put the wrong screws in, too long, and the balls hit them. I have attempted to put in a couple of others but they either strip or won't tighten down. The location is the plastic between the left orbits. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_0111 (resized).JPGIMG_0111 (resized).JPG
#348 4 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

I'm certain this will sound silly but I have an issue with hardware. Someone put the wrong screws in, too long, and the balls hit them. I have attempted to put in a couple of others but they either strip or won't tighten down. The location is the plastic between the left orbits. Any help is appreciated.[quoted image]

Are you using coarse-thread wood screws or fine-thread machine screws? Looks like there are brackets under there so the original screw was likely a 6/32" machine screw. I would try 1/8" or 1/4" long 6/32 machine screws with nylock nuts, putting the screw in from the bottom and the nut on top. That will be your lowest profile way to do it.

#349 4 years ago

Are you using coarse-thread wood screws or fine-thread machine screws? Looks like there are brackets under there so the original screw was likely a 6/32" machine screw. I would try 1/8" or 1/4" long 6/32 machine screws with nylock nuts, putting the screw in from the bottom and the nut on top. That will be your lowest profile way to do it.

OK I can see that. How would you hold the screw underneath? There is very little room.

#350 4 years ago

Gentleman and ladies if there are any with a JPLW
I have a NOS Jurassic Park The Lost World Populated Right Ramp Exit Assembly if anyone needs it
Pinballlife has one for 150

I'm don't need mine will sell in the CONUS for 75 plus actual shipping.
Best
Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-world-jurassic-park-club/page/7?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.