IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
AF2AD8F1-4F9B-4558-BEF0-AB846DD950DF (resized).jpeg
20220810_174539 (resized).jpg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
2021-05-08 13.19.53 (resized).jpg
2021-05-08 13.19.39 (resized).jpg
20220225_220515 (resized).jpg
There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

After owning my Lost World for a couple of weeks I wish that there was a custom ROM available for this machine, I love the layout but the software is certainly the weak point of the game.

If you could stack modes alone would make the game more fun. However the current code makes the game hard.

New rom or proc could be done! However with the magnets and toys there could be new tricks done, that would be neat

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

My LWJP doesnt have a video mode or skill shot and i have no idea why, didn't see an option for it in the menus. it just awards 400,000 every time you launch a ball. any ideas?

Couldn't find an option in the menu. You could try a factory reset, otherwise it could be another issue wire or board, however I would verify you have the newest rom set, game code and all the other Roms like sound and dmd

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

What versions are your ROM's?

Display and cpu are .97

#204 6 years ago

At least that what it says on the chips, I'll have to pop it on when I get home and see what the display says..

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Display and cpu are .97

Quoted from J-Freeze:

At least that what it says on the chips, I'll have to pop it on when I get home and see what the display says..

Mine are CPU 2.02 and display 2.01. Those are the most recent as I replaced them when I got mine.
This where you can get them from:
http://www.thatpinballplace.com/eproms/index.htm
$15 each.

#206 6 years ago

Sweet, thanks! I turned it on and they are both in fact .97 the sound chips are original as well so a complete set is on the way.

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Sweet, thanks! I turned it on and they are both in fact .97 the sound chips are original as well so a complete set is on the way.

Great! Not sure if you've done a rom swap but it is work getting a real chip puller so you don't bend the pins

Please let us know how the new roms work out for you!!!

#208 6 years ago

Mine are CPU 2.02 and display 2.01. Those are the most recent as I replaced them when I got mine.
This where you can get them from:
http://www.thatpinballplace.com/eproms/index.htm
$15 each.

I think that is the newest versions! I was taking pics of mine for the FS and see those numbers on my roms

Just incase someone is looking in the club thread. I have my lwjp for sale. Updated pics of the board, game and cab.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-jurassic-park-the-lost-world-2

#209 6 years ago

Thanks, yup threw a chip puller in there as well. I've taken chips out before and figured I should probably have one off those.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Thanks, yup threw a chip puller in there as well. I've taken chips out before and figured I should probably have one off those.

I never had much luck with chip pullers. I pulled so many chips out of other stuff, I found it just as easy to use the small screw driver and "rock" method. Slow and easy.

#211 6 years ago

I never had much luck with chip pullers. I pulled so many chips out of other stuff, I found it just as easy to use the small screw driver and "rock" method. Slow and easy.

I have a puller i think but prefer a chip lifter like this guy.

https://www.amazon.com/Wiha-27920-Precision-Lifter-3-5mm/dp/B000T9W5DW/ref=pd_sim_328_4

2 weeks later
#212 6 years ago

Could anyone get me pictures of the anchor points for the egg?
Mine looks like its missing something...

20170725_232421 (resized).jpg20170725_232421 (resized).jpg

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Could anyone get me pictures of the anchor points for the egg?
Mine looks like its missing something...

My guide for the cliffy install should have pics I think

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lwjp-cliffy-install-on-trex-egg-scoop

#214 6 years ago

Yup that'll work, thank you. Looks like I'm missing the spacers and the screws that go in to the posts. And that plastic behind it, I have it but I'm missing the spacer posts for that too.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Yup that'll work, thank you. Looks like I'm missing the spacers and the screws that go in to the posts. And that plastic behind it, I have it but I'm missing the spacer posts for that too.

I just sold my game, and it had the manual. :/ Do you have the manual? It may be digital too....and I may of put it in post 1 of this thread. I think it would list the parts you need if you need to hunt those down.

Glad I could help!

#216 6 years ago

I do have the manual I'll give it a look through when I get home. You finally sold it!

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I do have the manual I'll give it a look through when I get home. You finally sold it!

Cool, I think they do a break down of the egg setup.

Yeah, a friend in MN bought it. So at least it is staying "local" ish!

#218 6 years ago

Before I fixed the snagger, I had disabled it in the menus. While it is disabled every special mode I started would not count down so it would continue until I powered down the machine. Very strange.

#219 6 years ago

Got my new ROMs, now have skill shot and video mode!

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Got my new ROMs, now have skill shot and video mode!

Good deal.

1 week later
#221 6 years ago

Hey guys!

Does anyone know what the purpose of the area to the right of the right bumper is? There looks like a hole for a switch in the playfield.

I have no clue...

20170808_171705 (resized).jpg20170808_171705 (resized).jpg

20170808_172041 (resized).jpg20170808_172041 (resized).jpg

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from hpetters:

Hey guys!
Does anyone know what the purpose of the area to the right of the right bumper is? There looks like a hole for a switch in the playfield.
I have no clue...

Mine is the same. Nothing in the manual either. Possibly they were going to put something there and at the last minute removed it.

3 months later
#223 6 years ago

Hey guys just joined the club, really enjoying this machine. Anyone have a list of the rubber sizes, thinking about doing green Titans anyone done color on this pin?

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Hey guys just joined the club, really enjoying this machine. Anyone have a list of the rubber sizes, thinking about doing green Titans anyone done color on this pin?

I have. The green looks good.

3 weeks later
#225 6 years ago

Anybody LED their pin? I'm re-LEDing mine and I'd like to see some pics for inspiration, the front 3/4 of mine looks awesome so far IMO but I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with the cluster under the left ramp. (Right ramp blue will be gone too, probably going to use some comet matrix stuff there) all inserts are comet 2 SMD frosted. Hard to take a good pic with a phone... might do the rear rollovers in red too. I don't like my pins to be too color washed though.

20171209_000110 (resized).jpg20171209_000110 (resized).jpg

#226 6 years ago

Also, this is a tough game, post your factory setting high scores!
Mine is barely #1 at 24,313,740

#227 6 years ago

I did mine but mainly stuck with warm white. I did light the trough, added spotlights and lit the pops. I swapped the clear domes with green but you can't see it that well in the pics. I have orange domes I cant decide which I like more. The spotlights do help a lot with the area by the two T-Rexs.

IMG_4993.JPGIMG_4993.JPG
IMG_4996.JPGIMG_4996.JPG

#228 6 years ago

Thanks.
I just did purple passion under the clear pops but I didn't even think about changing the color! I guess I was just used to my JP with the yellow caps with logos on the top. I put ice blue in those and they look great, a cool green, might have to get a set for this one.

I put fire bulbs in my "Lost world" inserts.

Did you put cyan or ice blue in your "Site B""?
I like that they are different than the green "Lock" inserts.

Do you not have red covers on the lights by the J P in the back?

#229 6 years ago

The back corners look really nice with a sunlight or warm white under the dino and a blue (right) and green (left), the phone pics wash out the white a little.

I do like a little bit of color when it makes sense.

20171209_023131 (resized).jpg20171209_023131 (resized).jpg
20171209_023118 (resized).jpg20171209_023118 (resized).jpg

#230 6 years ago

I replaced the red covers at the back with green. I also replaced the black post with orange. Here is a better pic of the green dome but I'm still considering going with orange. My Site B inserts are blue, you know how funny LEDs can be in pictures. They mode and individual letters are all the same as the mode in real life. I not sure about the purple in my Lost World can you show a picture of yours? I also put green LEDs in the flashers at the top. Oh and my pop cops are still clear just green LED rings in them.

IMG_5013.JPGIMG_5013.JPG
IMG_5014.JPGIMG_5014.JPG
IMG_5041.JPGIMG_5041.JPG

#231 6 years ago

I'll try to take a pic when I get home but it won't show vey well because the fire bulbs are an "active" bulb. Maybe I can get a quick video.

1 month later
#232 6 years ago

Color DMD!!!!!

#233 6 years ago

It was my first color and super fun, I hope you guys like it and I would love to hear what you think.

#234 6 years ago

I can't wait to see it! This is one that I thought would be a loooong time before anyone did it, And having my JP next to it with color made me want it even more!
Thanks!

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I can't wait to see it! This is one that I thought would be a loooong time before anyone did it, And having my JP next to it with color made me want it even more!
Thanks!

The reason I colored it was because I have both and wanted it to look as good as JP. I didn't follow JP or color it trying to make them match. They do have some similar scenes that do look a little different. I just colored it on its own.

#236 6 years ago

Does the LCD not fit in the showcase backbox?

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Does the LCD not fit in the showcase backbox?

I didn't try it but just looking at how it mounts I doubt you could get it in. If you really worked at it and where willing to mod the head you might get it in.

#238 6 years ago

1 week later
#239 6 years ago

Is anyone here possibly interested in selling their LWJP machine? If you are, please PM me with details.

1 month later
#240 6 years ago

What do you guys think?

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-29 at 16.05.52 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-03-29 at 16.05.52 (resized).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-29 at 16.05.38 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-03-29 at 16.05.38 (resized).jpeg

#241 6 years ago

Can you do three color or just two? I would be in for a set of two like this but with holes. Two color would work with red and white or yellow.
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Can you do three color or just two? I would be in for a set of two like this but with holes. Two color would work with red and white or yellow.

Nope, just these colors for now, sorry...

2 months later
#243 5 years ago

In the middle of a game last night the game shut off and reset itself. When I tried to restart it, I hit the start button, I hear 3 clicks along with the 2 flashers (F6) on the left side flashing 3 times. The DMD shows player 1 and 00 score but it won't do anything else. I checked the diagnostics and it shows an error that says switch #20 open, but that it is not used. I checked the wire (white-yellow) at the CN7 connector and found it to be fraying a bit and I fixed that. Fuse at F21 was blown. I replaced it, turned it back on and it blew again. So I have a short someplace. Since it appears to be associated with coils 1 through 13, as none of those work, anyone have any suggestions on how to track it down?

#244 5 years ago

In the middle of a game last night the game shut off and reset itself. When I tried to restart it, I hit the start button, I hear 3 clicks along with the 2 flashers (F6) on the left side flashing 3 times. The DMD shows player 1 and 00 score but it won't do anything else. I checked the diagnostics and it shows an error that says switch #20 open, but that it is not used. I checked the wire (white-yellow) at the CN7 connector and found it to be fraying a bit and I fixed that. Fuse at F21 was blown. I replaced it, turned it back on and it blew again. So I have a short someplace. Since it appears to be associated with coils 1 through 13, as none of those work, anyone have any suggestions on how to track it down?

What does the manual say the fuse 21 does/is for?

Edit:

Wow sega was real specific: coils
Hahah ok. Mmm here is the fuse list and it says it is for 50v coils but there is another fuse for flippers, so it narrows it down a little more as well.

You’ll want to check visually and physically to make sure wires at the 50v coils listed are soldered. Also check wires and the wire harness at the location where the head meets the cabinet. Even with the protective plastic many times the wire loom gets caught and pinched, this breaking a wire internally.

You could also try after visual inspection, replace the fuse, have the coin door open, go into test (have the safety switch off so high power isn’t on,) see if any coils or tests blow the fuse. Then enable to high power coils by pulling that switch out. And see if it won’t blow until you can test each single coil

6A57C64C-EE9C-4BC6-8C55-D1CDABC45E17 (resized).png6A57C64C-EE9C-4BC6-8C55-D1CDABC45E17 (resized).pngDF8FD76E-FA73-4AC6-A5D6-575EA76A7349 (resized).pngDF8FD76E-FA73-4AC6-A5D6-575EA76A7349 (resized).png
#245 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

More
What does the manual say the fuse 21 does/is for?
Edit:
Wow sega was real specific: coils
Hahah ok. Mmm here is the fuse list and it says it is for 50v coils but there is another fuse for flippers, so it narrows it down a little more as well.
You’ll want to check visually and physically to make sure wires at the 50v coils listed are soldered. Also check wires and the wire harness at the location where the head meets the cabinet. Even with the protective plastic many times the wire loom gets caught and pinched, this breaking a wire internally.
You could also try after visual inspection, replace the fuse, have the coin door open, go into test (have the safety switch off so high power isn’t on,) see if any coils or tests blow the fuse. Then enable to high power coils by pulling that switch out. And see if it won’t blow until you can test each single coil

I checked all of the coils and wiring that is associated with F21. Nothing visually appeared wrong. Checked and reseated the pins and connections at the board and nothing burned or charred there either. I think I'll sit on it over night before I power it up again. I thought about connecting each coil separately but only one has a connector. The rest are hard wired. Yellow/Violet wire is the one running through F21 so that eliminated a couple of things. I hope I figure it out before I run out of fuses.

1 week later
#246 5 years ago

Just picked up a JP Lost World last night! I'm getting ready to rebuild the flippers and get everything up to speed, but wanted to see if anybody knows of a repro egg. The pin I picked up has some general issues (flipper, lights needing replacing, etc) but the egg doesn't appear to be for sale anywhere. Would be super cool to get the game back to 100%!

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from DParcade:

Just picked up a JP Lost World last night! I'm getting ready to rebuild the flippers and get everything up to speed, but wanted to see if anybody knows of a repro egg. The pin I picked up has some general issues (flipper, lights needing replacing, etc) but the egg doesn't appear to be for sale anywhere. Would be super cool to get the game back to 100%!

I haven't found one either. I finally gave up and removed the entire egg assembly and it doesn't look too bad at all. Dinosaur jumps up and down like it should so the only thing missing is the egg itself.

#248 5 years ago

I haven't found one either. I finally gave up and removed the entire egg assembly and it doesn't look too bad at all. Dinosaur jumps up and down like it should so the only thing missing is the egg itself.

That's the way mine is right now. Like you said, it's okay. I actually found an ebay seller that has one posted, but he's wanting WAY more than I'm willing to pay. What a shame! Super fun game though, I'm enjoying it. Can't wait to see how it plays with rebuilt flippers.

1 week later
#249 5 years ago

I recently bought JP lost world. The plastic drop target broke shortly after. I replaced it. Then about 2weeks later the snagger started acting up. It would occasionally not work. Then it stoped all together. I did some investigating and determined it was the drop target not going down. I determined this by triggering the locks with the glass off, then when the ball is on the magnet I tripped the drop target manually and the snagger works.
So, I went into diagnostics and the coil will not function. There is 22volts at both terminals on the coil. I also tried to jumper the coil to try to make it pull in, it didn’t. So I determined that the coil must be bad and Put the game back together, to order a coil later. When I started using the game it started working, for a while and occasionally after that. Anyone have any ideas of what to try next.

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonnydog:

I recently bought JP lost world. The plastic drop target broke shortly after. I replaced it. Then about 2weeks later the snagger started acting up. It would occasionally not work. Then it stoped all together. I did some investigating and determined it was the drop target not going down. I determined this by triggering the locks with the glass off, then when the ball is on the magnet I tripped the drop target manually and the snagger works.
So, I went into diagnostics and the coil will not function. There is 22volts at both terminals on the coil. I also tried to jumper the coil to try to make it pull in, it didn’t. So I determined that the coil must be bad and Put the game back together, to order a coil later. When I started using the game it started working, for a while and occasionally after that. Anyone have any ideas of what to try next.

freaking snagger

Post 1 has some links to issues
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-world-jurassic-park-club#post-1366803

Here was one of my snagger issue starts
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-world-jurassic-park-club/page/3#post-3754102

I had one switch with a wire that came off the switch leg.

game manual
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4136/Sega_Jurassic_Park_The_Lost_World_manual.pdf

Page 2 is snagger info and procedures.

There is a couple snagger tests, and coil tests in the menu. So in the coil test(s), can you drop and raise the drop target?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-world-jurassic-park-club/page/5?hl=coco99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.