IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
AF2AD8F1-4F9B-4558-BEF0-AB846DD950DF (resized).jpeg
20220810_174539 (resized).jpg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
2021-05-08 13.19.53 (resized).jpg
2021-05-08 13.19.39 (resized).jpg
20220225_220515 (resized).jpg
There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
#151 6 years ago

Yep have mine on and ready to help

#152 6 years ago

Here are the videos:

Motor Test

Coil 7 test / pick up magnet

full snagger test

#153 6 years ago

In the 3rd video yours is going up much quicker then mine. Mine stays down a bit longer and grabs the ball before raising. I would adjust the opto board as outlined in the manual and if that doesn't work adjust the micro switches it speaks about. The video shows all the components are working, Including that in test, the pickup magnet functions. I do wonder if possibly the snagger magnet pickup wire could have a break that loses contact when the snagger is lowered on the playfield though. Described here if you read this printed text.

IMG_0577 (resized).PNGIMG_0577 (resized).PNG

#154 6 years ago

K. I'll try adjusting the opto to stay "engaged" longer while down.

Before i shipped the boards out, I swear it worked, but cannot 100% verify. It worked since I purchased, I just had issues with the drop target. I lowered the snagger, took apart the grabber and verified the wires are soldered nicely to the coil. I looked as much as I could at those wires going near the gears and hole in pf and I don't see a break but you never know.

I just find it weird it works in test...so this leads me to think that opto you mentioned for down, OR there is a logic on the board that is having issues (chip level). Mmmmm. I'll update with the opto adjustment. I appreciate it! Hope that is it, kinda fast so seems like it.

#155 6 years ago

Update quick.

I removed the drop assembly and ran the motor test. The opto/blade barely hit on the down opto and it pops back to going up. I think it is the down motor switch that needs to be adjusted to allow it to stay/rotate down a tad more.

#156 6 years ago

Very possible. You can also continue to hold the start button in the snagger test mode to make pickup magnet hold the ball longer to verify that it is functioning. Sometimes the wire can have a break under the insulation that you can't visually see, but I doubt it is that.

#157 6 years ago

Had to leave for dinner, but right before I left I removed the opto board and tweaked the switch once, put back and tested. Looks better in the opto but I'm going to tweak it one more little bit so it blocks the opto nice and I'll retest. Will be tonight!

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Very possible. You can also continue to hold the start button in the snagger test mode to make pickup magnet hold the ball longer to verify that it is functioning. Sometimes the wire can have a break under the insulation that you can't visually see, but I doubt it is that.

Adjusted the physical motor switch, the motor nub doesn't hit it for sure, as the opto switch is being tripped. Still not working. The blade breaks the opto connection so that is in theory working. Pickup magnet still works in test by itself.

Are you saying when I run the Snagger Test, I can hold the black button until the ball is supposed to be picked up? That would be interesting to see...

#159 6 years ago

No in coil test#7 you can continue to hold the start button to keep the magnet active in that test. Is there battery acid on the CPU/sound board?

#160 6 years ago

something in programming is telling that snagger not to activate that magnet. Some fail safe. In switch test do you have any active switches giving false hits? I know during play if the ball activates some switch the snagger will retreat back to home position.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

No in coil test#7 you can continue to hold the start button to keep the magnet active in that test. Is there battery acid on the CPU/sound board?

Oh, yeah in coil test 7, I can hold start and the ball stays magnitized.

There is no battery damage, and boards were just gone through again. Thinking of sendinf the board back to verify the logic on q7, r7 and back to pin 16 on u1

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

something in programming is telling that snagger not to activate that magnet. Some fail safe. In switch test do you have any active switches giving false hits? I know during play if the ball activates some switch the snagger will retreat back to home position.

Oh good thought. I'll go check

#163 6 years ago

Just the ball trough switches, trough opto for upkick and home on snagger. All looks Normal.

IMG_3216 (resized).JPGIMG_3216 (resized).JPG

#164 6 years ago

Is your drop target switch working 100% in switch test?

#165 6 years ago

Do one more video of the snagger test starting from the upper magnet.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Is your drop target switch working 100% in switch test?

Do you mean the coil test to make the target drop or reset? If so, both of those work. Also if I go to switch test and drop the target with my finger, it registers that switch.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Do one more video of the snagger test starting from the upper magnet.

I didn't have help so the video starts at the lower pf magnet, but the upper magnet and the ball rolling down works

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

I am trying to figure out how to fix an apparent issue with the magnet in the rear of the play field. Mine has some sort of metal hump. I don't think this is correct but before I start trying to figure out how to hack the thing out, I thought I'd ask. If this isn't supposed to be there, what should be? I tried to remove the core plug but it wouldn't budge. So before I break something I thought I would ask. Any feedback, pictures and suggestions will be welcomed.

I just looked at my upper magnet as I am testing a lot for this snagger issue. My core looks exactly the same with the ridges and also the top not being cut. If you nail an outer orbit shot the ball kinda jumps off of it. Although being as such it does not allow for ball hang ups, soooo idk seems "normal"

#169 6 years ago

Can someone snap a pick (if they have the newest rom set on their machine) of the check sum numbers they get on boot up? I'll take the pic of mine when I get home and post as well. I think gameplay rom is at 2.2

#170 6 years ago

I think your belt alignment is off, read the instructions in the manual on holding the snagger to adjust it one click.

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I think your belt alignment is off, read the instructions in the manual on holding the snagger to adjust it one click.

Mmmmm good good. I also thought, I should lower the snagger THEN test for continuity at the coil leg itself back to the head to make sure that it isn't cut off while lowered. Now I am looking forward to working on it tonight I emailed Clive and he said it didn't seem like a board logic issue. So you may be onto something pinballew

#172 6 years ago

Guess what.... lowered the snagger, took apart the top part to get to the coil

Continuity:
Violet/brown : good, even back to j8
Brown 20v : bad to first plug under pf. From 1st plug to J7 was good.

Looks like I'll have to pull some new wire/shrink tube.

Like you said, must be a break under the insulation and the 20v wire is a lower gauge, so thicker.

IMG_3220 (resized).JPGIMG_3220 (resized).JPG

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Guess what.... lowered the snagger, took apart the top part to get to the coil
Continuity:
Violet/brown : good, even back to j8
Brown 20v : bad to first plug under pf. From 1st plug to J7 was good.
Looks like I'll have to pull some new wire/shrink tube.
Like you said, must be a break under the insulation and the 20v wire is a lower gauge, so thicker.

Awesome, get a new wire in there and get snagger grabbing!

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Awesome, get a new wire in there and get snagger grabbing!

So nice to have another pair of eyes and brain to help, thanks! I OCD hate not having the right "color" for the wire(s) but I just need to get some correctly gauged wire and solder and stab into the connector and not worry about color....it will be covered in shrink wrap anyway hahah.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So nice to have another pair of eyes and brain to help, thanks! I OCD hate not having the right "color" for the wire(s) but I just need to get some correctly gauged wire and solder and stab into the connector and not worry about color....it will be covered in shrink wrap anyway hahah.

Any news?

#176 6 years ago

I found some wire in the what I think are the correct gauges, but I ordered a new connector from PBL and they shipped it a day later then I figured so I bet I won't get it until Monday? Also shrink tube.

So I'm pondering just soldering temp wire but not wanting to do it all over again pondering waiting :/

#177 6 years ago

Parts came today

made the new harness, same length, used shrink tube and the new header. Had to double check the brown 20v wire seating in the connector as it was sorta "big gauge" for the plug. Tested continuity, all good.

Now.... putting new wires in, pita.

Tips:
Go into test, lower snagger. Power off
Unscrew the snagger, 4 small philips
Go into test, raise snagger to home. Power off
Now you have full access to the backside (solder) of the coil legs and wires.
Unsolder the two.
In this raised position the wire is a straight pull down.

Reinstall
I tinned the wire tips
Snaked a long zip tie down as the wires sit on the very far right, under screws.
Taped 1 wire at a time and snaked them up.
Resoldered the wires to the coil legs
Snagger test to lower onto the cover.
Aligned and screwed the cover on.

Do coil test.
Jump for joy

My snagger test worked! Snagger pick up coil/mag picks up when snagger is fully lowered.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Parts came today
made the new harness, same length, used shrink tube and the new header. Had to double check the brown 20v wire seating in the connector as it was sorta "big gauge" for the plug. Tested continuity, all good.
Now.... putting new wires in, pita.
Tips:
Go into test, lower snagger. Power off
Unscrew the snagger, 4 small philips
Go into test, raise snagger to home. Power off
Now you have full access to the backside (solder) of the coil legs and wires.
Unsolder the two.
In this raised position the wire is a straight pull down.
Reinstall
I tinned the wire tips
Snaked a long zip tie down as the wires sit on the very far right, under screws.
Taped 1 wire at a time and snaked them up.
Resoldered the wires to the coil legs
Snagger test to lower onto the cover.
Aligned and screwed the cover on.
Do coil test.
Jump for joy
My snagger test worked! Snagger pick up coil/mag picks up when snagger is fully lowered.

Awesome! Love when things go right!

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Awesome! Love when things go right!

Thanks for the help and troubleshooting

#181 6 years ago

Question.

So i have two legs where the leg levelers are all the way in and two with them unscrewed as far as they can. I remember this when I bought it and I think it was because the game had too much angle so the ball would just rip around unless you put the longer at the front.

Anyone else have that?

#182 6 years ago

Are you saying that the front it all the way out and the back all the way in?

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Are you saying that the front it all the way out and the back all the way in?

Sorry forgot to reply.

99% sure the fronts were all the way when I got it and now they are in the back making the game a little too steep?
The orbit shot jumps and the ramp shots even jump and I never remember those ever being an issue.

I've had it at MGC and maybe circus , so I think I have the legs backwards but curious if anyone else had leg level like that?

#184 6 years ago

My fronts are all the way in while my backs are fairly far out.

3 weeks later
#185 6 years ago

Just got my first DMD machine to go with the 6 EM's and 2 SS. Lost World is in the house and I am in the club!
Everything looks great and works except for the keep scoop which goes down until it is almost fully extended and then goes back up. Otherwise it's perfect.

IMG_9651 (resized).JPGIMG_9651 (resized).JPG

Added over 7 years ago: Jeep scoop of course, not keep scoop.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Just got my first DMD machine to go with the 6 EM's and 2 SS. Lost World is in the house and I am in the club!
Everything looks great and works except for the keep scoop which goes down until it is almost fully extended and then goes back up. Otherwise it's perfect.

Ipdb has a scan of the manual which explains you to adjust it. Congrats great game!

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Ipdb has a scan of the manual which explains you to adjust it. Congrats great game!

Thanks! It came with the manual, a big difference from my EM manuals, lol. I will go through when I have the time and find the adjustment explanation. My 11 year old son finally has his multi-ball pinball machine and it's a theme he loves. He must have told me that he loves me at least fifteen times already today, lol.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Thanks! It came with the manual, a big difference from my EM manuals, lol. I will go through when I have the time and find the adjustment explanation. My 11 year old son finally has his multi-ball pinball machine and it's a theme he loves. He must have told me that he loves me at least fifteen times already today, lol.

Dude that awesome! Makes the money worth it!

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Dude that awesome! Makes the money worth it!

Yes indeed! I basically traded a Gottlieb Grand Slam and Gottlieb Jumping Jack for it, can never go wrong with that kind of "trade"!

I have not had a chance to look at the jeep scooper but I went into options and turned the feature off so we did not have to watch it fail everytime. When I do that the game starts a two-ball multiball that never ends, just an endless kickout parade. I turned the feature back on and it does not do it. How odd.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Yes indeed! I basically traded a Gottlieb Grand Slam and Gottlieb Jumping Jack for it, can never go wrong with that kind of "trade"!
I have not had a chance to look at the jeep scooper but I went into options and turned the feature off so we did not have to watch it fail everytime. When I do that the game starts a two-ball multiball that never ends, just an endless kickout parade. I turned the feature back on and it does not do it. How odd.

mmmmmm.

Okay so I've had snagger drop target issue and full snagger magnet failure fixed. pinballlew helped on my snagger magnet, so I think with all the help we can get you up and running.

I also had the endless 2 ball multiball, mine was a board issue. I had sent mine off to clive @ coin op cauldron as I dont have a desolder station yet. with a 20 yr old board set, not a bad idea to have them refurbed though so I was fine sending mind off. If you have it off, there could be a switch or other thing tripping that is thinking you are getting a "mode", or there is a board issue delayed by something else. Try a switch test that just shows what is being tripped and see if it is more then the opto's in the trough. Could be the trough or shooter lane switch isn't registering.

#191 6 years ago

I went in and adjusted the OPTO board as recommended in the manual and it worked great four or five times. Then it did not go down all the way two times and now it is a fifty-fifty split if it grabs the ball or not. Very strange.

This is my first DMD game; while looking at the snagger issue I noticed a couple of bulbs out and they are the old school type. Do LED bulbs work in this machine and is there a recommended brand/type?

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I went in and adjusted the OPTO board as recommended in the manual and it worked great four or five times. Then it did not go down all the way two times and now it is a fifty-fifty split if it grabs the ball or not. Very strange.
This is my first DMD game; while looking at the snagger issue I noticed a couple of bulbs out and they are the old school type. Do LED bulbs work in this machine and is there a recommended brand/type?

Snagger is finicky and you probably need a a little more adjustment to get it perfect. Moving the OPTO board is just one way it lists. You can also hold it and have the belt jump a tooth as described in the manual.

I don't know if it is listed in the manual but I have also adjusted the gear itself by backing out the set screw, adjusted and then re-tightened it.

#193 6 years ago

I have the Coin Taker kit in my LWJP. However if you do go LED I would suggest a "non ghosting" so you don't get the bad flicker.

The snagger....ohhh man. Okay so there are multiple adjustments for different issues.

The opto is for the game to know if the snagger is at up or down position.

The belt adjustment is only if your snagger is not actually going up or down all the way (I think).

The magnet that picks up the ball in the snagger, if working on/off is most likely the wiring for that coil is breaking inside the insulation or the legs of the coil, have bad solder connection. I just had to fully rewire mine. would magnet work in the "home" up position but not when it went down to the pf in test.

If the drop target in front of the snagger does not work correctly, the snagger will not work. The drop target has to go up/down by itself in test as sometimes the target needs to lower itself for the snagger to drop. If the target cannot lower itself (small coil on drop mech) then the snagger cannot lower.

It is one amazing lock toy, however it is complicated until you actually tear into it.

#194 6 years ago

Interesting. When the snagger gets low enough it will grab the ball no problem, its just hit or miss if it gets there. The drop target seems to be fine. When I adjusted the OPTO it worked 100% for the first three or four times, maybe I did not tighten it enough...

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Interesting. When the snagger gets low enough it will grab the ball no problem, its just hit or miss if it gets there. The drop target seems to be fine. When I adjusted the OPTO it worked 100% for the first three or four times, maybe I did not tighten it enough...

Run it in the lost world test portion of the menu...far right choices in diagnostics. You can see if it is going all the way down that way.

#196 6 years ago

you can adjust the snagger magnet/coil closer/futher if you open it up, the screws loosen and you can move the magnet closer or further and retighten.

As for those optos....sorry there are also "cherry" switches that click too. You may have to adjust those, the switches are the fail safe I think for if the opto fails the switch says NOPE not further then this position. so if they click too early, it would stop the snagger motor from going further.

Ya pinballlew is right. Go into test and the LWJP test you can test to you hearts content the snagger and drop and figure out where the failure is. Make sure the pull the high power coil trip on the coin door when you have it open so the game leaves the high power on for the magnets and coils.

ALso if you take video of the issues we can see and help more too

3 weeks later
#197 6 years ago

My LWJP doesnt have a video mode or skill shot and i have no idea why, didn't see an option for it in the menus. it just awards 400,000 every time you launch a ball. any ideas?

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

My LWJP doesnt have a video mode or skill shot and i have no idea why, didn't see an option for it in the menus. it just awards 400,000 every time you launch a ball. any ideas?

What versions are your ROM's?

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Shoot I was going to look in the menu for you and see what I can find. I'll do it in the am.

#200 6 years ago

After owning my Lost World for a couple of weeks I wish that there was a custom ROM available for this machine, I love the layout but the software is certainly the weak point of the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-world-jurassic-park-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.