IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
AF2AD8F1-4F9B-4558-BEF0-AB846DD950DF (resized).jpeg
20220810_174539 (resized).jpg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
2021-05-08 13.19.53 (resized).jpg
2021-05-08 13.19.39 (resized).jpg
20220225_220515 (resized).jpg
There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

So I flip the game on and leave the snagger option enabled. Good news. The ball gets captured and dumped in the truck. Bad news. One time only. Not ever since. I'm thinking opto alignment.
So to start someone thinking about this also, the ball goes around the loop once slowly and gets hung up in the back. Where the top magnet is supposed to be, it looks like someone taped a glob of melted metal the size of a quarter on the playfield. Really odd. What is supposed to be there? Same as in front of the snagger?

Yeah the magnet in back of mine looks mushroom like too.

Hmm only once huh. The motor is lobed and I could see it not being aligned properly for the up/down.

Mine just flipped crap and was stuck in an endless 2 ball multiball. Could drain both and the balls kept shooting out. Ugh :/

1 week later
#102 7 years ago

As far as I can tell, there are no egg fronts to be found. What do you guys do to make it look better? You can remove the round disk from the front but they you are stuck with a flapping hinge. Do you remove the back part of the egg or leave it? Suggestions are welcome.

#103 7 years ago

Hi guys. I found this thread and just figured I'd jump in. Sorry if it's not in reference to anything in particular in the thread.

I'm pretty much a noob so my knowledge is lacking. FYI. I picked up a lwjp pin about a year ago. Guy claimed it was shopped on Craigslist and turned out it was in terrible shape. Snagger and drop down target weren't working and just overall very well worked over in a bar environment. Luckily price was still pretty good. Anyway. I found a snagger motor online and rebuilt it and cleaned everything up and put an LED light kit in. Unfortunately my board went bad shortly after getting it so I dropped some money on a new board from K's arcade and had to get the new EPROMs. MAJOR sounds missing. Anyone else have this and pissed about it? I mean the dinosaur doesn't even roar when in trex mode. I complained and they told me they sold hundreds with no complaints so I'm a bit baffled there. My main problem is I feel site B isn't flashing right since I put LED lights in but I wasn't quite familiar enough with the game to remember how it's supposed to be, I just remember being able to easily work the targets to get to siteb mode. Can anyone detail explain how the lights and targets work for this for me? I'm sorry for such a long rant. Thanks for the thread. I've really been getting into this game but feel so stuck with this site B mode. Thank you!

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from Austiniv:

Hi guys. I found this thread and just figured I'd jump in. Sorry if it's not in reference to anything in particular in the thread.
I'm pretty much a noob so my knowledge is lacking. FYI. I picked up a lwjp pin about a year ago. Guy claimed it was shopped on Craigslist and turned out it was in terrible shape. Snagger and drop down target weren't working and just overall very well worked over in a bar environment. Luckily price was still pretty good. Anyway. I found a snagger motor online and rebuilt it and cleaned everything up and put an LED light kit in. Unfortunately my board went bad shortly after getting it so I dropped some money on a new board from K's arcade and had to get the new EPROMs. MAJOR sounds missing. Anyone else have this and pissed about it? I mean the dinosaur doesn't even roar when in trex mode. I complained and they told me they sold hundreds with no complaints so I'm a bit baffled there. My main problem is I feel site B isn't flashing right since I put LED lights in but I wasn't quite familiar enough with the game to remember how it's supposed to be, I just remember being able to easily work the targets to get to siteb mode. Can anyone detail explain how the lights and targets work for this for me? I'm sorry for such a long rant. Thanks for the thread. I've really been getting into this game but feel so stuck with this site B mode. Thank you!

Site B. The 5 targets. 2 of mine are broke and I need to replace them. When playing the game, it appears as if they are working, but they aren't.

The IDC connectors and wires to the connectors come loose frequently. I would verify that they are still attached and that the targets are working. Put it in diagnostic mode, remove the glass and press them in active switch mode and see if they light up on the grid on the DMD. I know this may sound obvious but you mentioned lack of knowledge so I'm just running the basic check list.

Which board did you replace? Sound board is separate from the main board. You may have to check to see is all of the connectors are on snuggly. You may want to take them off and reseat them.

#105 7 years ago

I can help look on mine, still need to toubleshoot mine as it went to crazy town. Probably needs board work.....again.

#106 7 years ago

Each target will light when you hit them. After all targets are hit spelling siteb they will all start flashing. Then when you hit any of the 5 flashing they will all stop but the one you hit. It will continue to flash. It will then change letter/direction depending on the flipper you hit. If it was on s and you hit the right flipper it will go to I. If it is on s and you hit the left of will skip over to B. When you hit the flashing target you score. This keeps going till time is up and then all targets will be dark again starting over. Hope this helps

2 weeks later
#107 7 years ago

I am trying to figure out how to fix an apparent issue with the magnet in the rear of the play field. Mine has some sort of metal hump. I don't think this is correct but before I start trying to figure out how to hack the thing out, I thought I'd ask. If this isn't supposed to be there, what should be? I tried to remove the core plug but it wouldn't budge. So before I break something I thought I would ask. Any feedback, pictures and suggestions will be welcomed.

IMG_0089 (resized).JPGIMG_0089 (resized).JPG

#108 7 years ago

I am trying to figure out how to fix an apparent issue with the magnet in the rear of the play field. Mine has some sort of metal hump. I don't think this is correct but before I start trying to figure out how to hack the thing out, I thought I'd ask. If this isn't supposed to be there, what should be? I tried to remove the core plug but it wouldn't budge. So before I break something I thought I would ask. Any feedback, pictures and suggestions will be welcomed.

Yup, mine is "angled" like that too

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yup, mine is "angled" like that too

I would think that would chew the heck out of the balls and make the ball jump around a lot. Has anyone flattened it off?

#110 7 years ago

I would think that would chew the heck out of the balls and make the ball jump around a lot. Has anyone flattened it off?

Haven't had heard but now thinking about it, I bet it's so the ball doesn't get stuck, and rolls down to the snagger magnet when released

#111 7 years ago

You will have to remove it threw the playfield .....that will probably do some damage to the playfield as its mushroomed pretty bad.
Once you have it out, take it to a grinder or file and flatten out and take any burrs off and re install and adjust it so its a hair past playfield.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Haven't had heard but now thinking about it, I bet it's so the ball doesn't get stuck, and rolls down to the snagger magnet when released

One of the issues I have had is the ball going around the loop slowly then stopping between that metal hump and the rail below it. I have adjusted the machine to the proper pitch so hopefully it will fix the problem. I originally thought this hump was put in by someone and not original.

This mushrooming, is this the way the machine was designed or this due to wear?

2 weeks later
#113 7 years ago

Any one know what trips the drop target to drop for the snagger? I had a wire off of the drop target area and looped it around good to see if I could get it to work again but it's not. The mag catches the ball and if I manually trip the target it will go down and the snagger will work. Not sure if the wire still isn't making good contact or if the diode could have went bad. At a lose!

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Any one know what trips the drop target to drop for the snagger? I had a wire off of the drop target area and looped it around good to see if I could get it to work again but it's not. The mag catches the ball and if I manually trip the target it will go down and the snagger will work. Not sure if the wire still isn't making good contact or if the diode could have went bad. At a lose!

There is a small magnet under there. One of the wires may have broke off. If you go in test mode, you can hear it trigger if it is working.

#115 7 years ago

This may help some? I did some documentation and pictures of the mess my snagger was....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lwjp-switch-and-coil-issue

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

This may help some? I did some documentation and pictures of the mess my snagger was....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lwjp-switch-and-coil-issue

Thanks. So was yours a combination of diod and the stuff on the board? The vilo yellow wire was off of the small trip coil. That the one I wrapped back around. Was wondering if it was the diod on that little trip coil? Can't find any other wires off or loose!

#117 7 years ago

Thanks. So was yours a combination of diod and the stuff on the board? The vilo yellow wire was off of the small trip coil. That the one I wrapped back around. Was wondering if it was the diod on that little trip coil? Can't find any other wires off or loose!

I had a broken off wire and a ton of other issues I dont even remember hahah. If you need pictures let me know! I have lwjp in my basement to get fixed now. Then it will be sold....

1 week later
#118 7 years ago

I am looking at a JPLW this weekend that is for sale. What should I focus on with this machine?

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from BigBadJester:

I am looking at a JPLW this weekend that is for sale. What should I focus on with this machine?

See if the snagger and the egg works.

Egg plastic is most likely broke. Make sure ball goes in and comes out. Hole if it does not have a Cliffy is probably chewed up.

Snagger maybe disabled. If you want it to work make sure it gets turned on and check it. Most people disable it as it slows down gameplay

Check 5 targets S I T E B. Playfield wear in front of snagger. Entry to ramps might be broke. I have Cliffys on mine. Other than that, basic stuff....

#120 7 years ago

Thanks rwarren! If it is decent shape what is it worth?

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from BigBadJester:

Thanks rwarren! If it is decent shape what is it worth?

Pinside says 1,850 to 2,150.... I got mine as part of a 2 machine package deal so below that. Whatever you feel comfortable with. You should factor the cost of upgrades also if you have a budget.

#122 7 years ago

Pinside says 1,850 to 2,150.... I got mine as part of a 2 machine package deal so below that. Whatever you feel comfortable with. You should factor the cost of upgrades also if you have a budget.

Thank you for all the info!

#123 7 years ago

It's a great game. Way underrated. Not deep rules but tough ones. I have a JM and got wizard in 2 days of owning it. Have owned JPLW for a year now and still can't get to San Diego! Show us pics if you get one!

1 week later
#124 7 years ago

Recently acquired a lost world and having an issues I haven't been able to figure out yet.

My problem is the snagged magnet does not grab the ball. The magnet works and if I put the ball on the magnet it will hold it and the snagged will work. Almost like my magnet is too weak? Anyone have any ideas?

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Recently acquired a lost world and having an issues I haven't been able to figure out yet.
My problem is the snagged magnet does not grab the ball. The magnet works and if I put the ball on the magnet it will hold it and the snagged will work. Almost like my magnet is too weak? Anyone have any ideas?

Check the 2 wires that go to the snagger magnet in the snagger arm. You will have to take it apart to check. Mine were both broke off.

#126 7 years ago

Check the 2 wires that go to the snagger magnet in the snagger arm. You will have to take it apart to check. Mine were both broke off.

That magnet works, is the pf magnet that doesn't catch it.

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

That magnet works, is the pf magnet that doesn't catch it.

I used to have a last world.
Spent ages with this problem.
Turns out adjusting the gate that leads to the magnet was the fix!!!

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I used to have a last world.
Spent ages with this problem.
Turns out adjusting the gate that leads to the magnet was the fix!!!

To direct it or have the switch react faster for the magnet to turn on sooner?

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

To direct it or have the switch react faster for the magnet to turn on sooner?

Yea,
The switch just needed to be hit a moment quicker so the magnet was on .

Good luck!

#130 7 years ago

Does the upper loop magnet grab it?

Has to hold at upper orbit, drop through the raptor inner loop and hit the switch mentioned. Then the magnet in front of snagger should grab it

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Does the upper loop magnet grab it?
Has to hold at upper orbit, drop through the raptor inner loop and hit the switch mentioned. Then the magnet in front of snagger should grab it

Yeah, grabs and lets go and magnet in front of grabber works however never grabs the ball. Will try adjust gate switch...maybe activating too late

#132 7 years ago

Anyone have any used plastics? Mine has a decent amount broken

#133 7 years ago

IF someone is looking for a LWJP, i just got one in and its not for me, would sell or trade. Located in central Illinios

1 week later
#134 7 years ago

Just pulled the 3 boards from the head and shipped to coin op cauldron for a repair/look

1 month later
#135 7 years ago

Just joined the club

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Just joined the club

congrats man. did you get one in good shape?
and how do you like it?

#137 7 years ago

congrats man. did you get one in good shape?
and how do you like it?

It's in pretty good shape. Cleaned up nice, had to fix the snagger. A drop target, a green target was unplugged, replace every G I bulb. Ordered a Cliffy for the scoop. Playfield is nice, one side of the cabinet is faded. So far I only have a few games on it but I really am digging it. Love the dinosaur shaker usage. Seems like a fun game and my kids are digging it!

#138 7 years ago

New to the club too! Need to fix snagger, but other then that it's in excellent condition! Don't know why this game gets a bad rep, it's hard but really fun.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Ordered a Cliffy for the scoop.

Where did you order the cliffys from?

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Just contact cliffy himself via email. He is a busy guy, but can ship them direct. I have an install guide I posted here too

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I just emailed him [email protected]

#142 7 years ago

Right on, thanks

3 weeks later
#143 6 years ago

Alright, boards are back from being repaired.

Having a issue with the pf snagger pick up magnet. Works in test, while the snagger is up, but when in game and it goes to pick up. Magnet does not pick up the ball.

Going to run more tests today but the snagger documentation doesn't talk much about what is required to get that magnet to fire.

#144 6 years ago

In snagger test the pickup magnet does NOT work.
Magnet only works in single coil test while the snagger is at "home"/up

Continuity of Brown/Vio from connector in head to connector at magnet is good.

19-23v from brown 20v at connector, should be good.

Testing the transistor in the board is...well not sure how good that test is as some others beep and some don't.

#145 6 years ago

In test does the down position register? If not I would make sure the second opto is registering.

IMG_0574 (resized).PNGIMG_0574 (resized).PNG

IMG_0575 (resized).PNGIMG_0575 (resized).PNG

IMG_0576 (resized).PNGIMG_0576 (resized).PNG

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

In test does the down position register? If not I would make sure the second opto is registering.

So....it does, but it is very quick. If someone with lwjp can verify how long their down opto registers while in test. I can adjust my down opto placement to see if that helps/fixes.

here is a video of it in test and how fast the down hits

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So....it does, but it is very quick. If someone with lwjp can verify how long their down opto registers while in test. I can adjust my down opto placement to see if that helps/fixes.
here is a video of it in test and how fast the down hits
» YouTube video

Go into motor test, not snagger test. Then click on down. See if down opto sw36 lights

#148 6 years ago

Nevermind, mine hits the same timeframe

#149 6 years ago

The magnet works that is in the snagger assembly in test? Not talking about the magnet on the playfield. Single coil test #7

#150 6 years ago

I'll go snag some video for ya Thank you for helping!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
$ 18.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-world-jurassic-park-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.